VC Completed warlords MP mode: let's test it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Beron

Sergeant
Hi folk,

as in the subject. Anybody willing to give it a try?  :grin:
I was playing in the Kingdom of Mercia gameserver today, but it is with the viking invasion mode only...

If there is a bunch of say, 2-6 people, I think we could try to host the game ourselves and try to set up a couple of matches. What about tomorrow evening, 13th of april? so round about 21:30 german/italian time I could be there.

Post here anybody interested!

regards,
Beron

Hey Beron. A bit too late for me, sadly. But it would definitely be fun to get some games going.
It seems Viking Invasion is the only mode available. Wait, I'm a developer, so I should use my influence to change that  :smile:

hey , both of you  :grin:

i am fine Idibil, thanks, not much free time, but I can still spare some to play your game. A really, really good one :smile:
I cannot open posts in that subforum, so I posted here, but if you allow me, I will post there.

so I want to check the warlords-mode... it has enormous potential, really...  :fruity:

Adorno said:
Hey Beron. A bit too late for me, sadly. But it would definitely be fun to get some games going.
It seems Viking Invasion is the only mode available. Wait, I'm a developer, so I should use my influence to change that  :smile:

what do you mean Adorno? I can host a game with the mode "warlords", at least I did it yesterday. Nobody entered, so I quitted, but I was on the field looking for the enemy champion  :fruity: perhaps you mean you can influence the mode in "Kingdom of Mercia" server?  :fruity:

regards,
Beron

Idibil said:
Mm, you should can post there, it is for players  :???: In fact, there are player's post only. Maybe you need to report to some forum moderator

I cant create a thread on "Viking Conquest Multiplayer Events", but I can on the child forum Zeta.

Maybe that is the issue he is talking about.

Cheers

Adorno said:
I meant the official servers could have more game modes.
But great that you can host. What about this weekend (Saturday-Sunday). I'm free then  :smile:

WE is fine! What time do you prefer? I normally can play in the evening, say after 20:30 Greenwich time. If I know it in advance, i can also play early afternoon, after 12:30 greenwich  :mrgreen:

kalarhan said:
Idibil said:
Mm, you should can post there, it is for players  :???: In fact, there are player's post only. Maybe you need to report to some forum moderator

I cant create a thread on "Viking Conquest Multiplayer Events", but I can on the child forum Zeta.

Maybe that is the issue he is talking about.

Cheers

exactly! who is moderating that area, any idea?

ThorsHammer said:
Ill be happy to test it but no internet till the 22nd :evil:. Message me if it happens after the 22nd :grin:

we will  :wink:

So, this evening did not work properly, but Adorno showed me a Link on how to forward your port for M&B, and i could test it with a certain Thogril, or something like that (my name was Mad_Max).
(Thogril did not get how it is working, he left the server when he saw my army...)

the link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,197453.msg4736230.html#msg4736230

So now we could do a proper appointment... when do we want to play? tomorrow (sunday) I don't know yet, I have to find out and if yes I will post here, included servername and password.

cu!

server is up, unfortunately only until about 22:00. Infos:

Server name: Server1489
Pass: warlord

Phaiak said:
Don't join this server. Beron and his army are invincible.  :lol:

ehm, of course, I am invincible  :lol: afterall I am a veteran of the mythical on-line campaign of Brytenwalda of Idibil and Adorno:  :mrgreen:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,239108.0.html

no, really, there is a lot to learn about the game mode Warlord battles, if you choose the wrong army, for example, you stand no chance. The last game we have choosen a similar army, Phaiak, and that was very close. I think i won only because I forgot to purchase a shield for me! is not a joke, it costs 400+ schillings, so 2-3 elite soldiers more. This is another important trick: don't spend all the money for your equipment, because the spare money will be used to purchase more troops, which are much cheaper.
Did you notice the ping? was it high?

perhaps another useful link of the gamemode Warlords Battle, which is also offered by Brytenwalda mod of Warband:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,238657.0.html

A message for the one guy who entered first and left after the first game: you should try again mate, I was myself not so aware that the experience of the campaign in Brytenwlda is an advantage: I am more than willing to share what I do, to even up the odds and get a fun game.

usnavy30 said:
Dang it, the server isn't up. I missed it today.
don't worry, I am hosting again soon, i will start to post in the multiplayer section (I also post a link here)

regards,
Beron

ah, I almost forgot the most important question: is it worth to play the new game mode "Warlord Battle"?
to make it short: it is a whole new game. It is not Mount and Blade, it is not Total War, is damn close to both and a new thing by itself. As in M&B single player you command an army of soldiers, but you are not playing against AI: you are playing against a human. Imagine how can it be in even a small 3vs3 player: 200 bots, two armies trying to outflank each other, cavalry, infantry, archers, position, timing, coordination... the more the players the more the tactics, and if you choose to play the champion, you can search the field for the enemy commanders like an assassin, or you can enter the fray in its most cruent point, slain tens of bots, turn the tide of battle...

A shame to let it stay forgotten, and a lost chance. So we play it, ok?  :wink:

Hi,

on short notice, warlord battle multiplayer mode is up and running:
server name: ServerBeron
no pass

from now on see here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,381.0.html

regards,
Beron

edit: no pass

Back
Top Bottom