Warhammer Universe

Users who are viewing this thread

djogloc02

Sergeant Knight
What happened to Warhammer Universe? I know SEGA bought some company and now they are making Total War Warhammer, but I visited a Warhammer wiki link (http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_of_Chaos) and it said that "Storm of Chaos" is no longer canon.
Did SEGA decided to reboot it?

IDK much about Warhammer fantasy, but SEGA didnt decide anything. Games Workshop did Age of Sigmar and pratically changed all of the setting, and renaming everything all over the place. Its basically a whole different setting even more than say the differences between post Star Wars 6 in the EU (thrawn and etc) and what we will get in the new films.

Though one great thing IMO is their new codex policy for Age of Sigmar = all free on the internet.
40k could benefit from it too... i mean such a policy greatly increases the initial desire for new players to pick up on the game and that in the end will just increase their miniature sales by a lot.

There's already a warhammer thread btw. But from what I gather GW decided to completely replace the story and armies as well as the  rules from 8th ed. Apparently the story goes that the warhammer world is destroyed in the storm of chaos or the end times or whatever and then sigmar made some new worlds with the help of other deities and floated loads of souls from the destroyed world to these new worlds or some wank like that.

Basically Games Workshop decided to discontinue warhammer fantasy and made a lazy bit of lore on how the world was destroyed in the end times. And thus warhammer fantasy was transformed into medieval 40k.

Back
Top Bottom