SP Fantasy Warhammer Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ursca said:
Note the jetty, the shields and the notice-board.

Dude that totally awesome!!!!

Especially the reflection off the water.

Have you received the second one I sent?

Well, I'm of to start the next guard house.

Banjeeboy said:
Is that ingame or Photoshop? It looks amazing!
Neither. It's a render in 3dsMax. That said, it shouldn't look too different in-game. Unfortunately, I can't test it in M&B, as I've still got that bug that won't let me compile.  :???:

Mormakar said:
Just a question will the Night Goblins be in this version or the next version? Good work! :grin:
"maybe when we can get new skeletons in-game"  :wink:

Shifty said:
Have you received the second one I sent?
Yep. Thanks for that.

Shifty said:
Well, I'm of to start the next guard house.
Good stuff.  :smile:

Ok, so I've been lurking in these forums anon. since version .7xx and I've been waiting for this mod since you announced it.  and now that I've gotten bored enough to make my own account, I'd like to lend my 10 cents.

if you're still considering music I'd like to suggest the sound track for the game Arcanum, the game is out of production now for a few years and is thus abandonware and the sound track is up for free download here http://www.terra-arcanum.com/sierra/media/media-soundtrack.html
it is in my opinion the best soundtrack of any game I've played, full orchestral arrangements with the occasional addition of  a percussion section, I think the feel of some of them reflects the feel of warhammer(in my own opinion at least)
I understand if you don't want to use it because it's from another game but I thought I'd toss it out there seeing as it's free and professionally recorded and produced.

anyways keep up the awesome work and all that jazz

Ursca said:
Here's some more posh pictures:

PICS
Note the jetty, the shields and the notice-board.

KON_Air said:
Don't be afraid to add a few more polygons to the statue
Yeah, they do look a little low-poly. I've just got to find a way to smooth them out without mucking up the uvs.

Shifty said:
Say,,, I made the bridge proper and the railing seperate objects for the purpose of easer mapping. Was I correct in doing so?
Yup, works a treat. It's lower poly too.  :wink:

Shifty said:
Those statues Look Awesome. Can you email it to me, I would like to use it.
Sure. No problem.

Win

kamov23 said:
How long has this mod been in development?

since 2006. though I believe there were a couple long-ish breaks in production and a couple re-dos with the new versions being released

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there

Sorry if this got answered somewhere in the previous 8 pages...but how accurate is the info in the first post?  Are town scenes still being accepted?

^What he said. Although, if it was a generic soundtrack, that might have been a different matter. I doubt GW would like us using another game's music though, abandonware or not.

Regardless, Pagan is kindly composing our very own soundtrack, which I'm sure you'll be impressed with!
And if you're not, it's very easy to add you own music.  :wink:

Galen said:
Sorry if this got answered somewhere in the previous 8 pages...but how accurate is the info in the first post?  Are town scenes still being accepted?
The information in the first post is... mostly accurate. More has been done than just the items on there. When it comes to scenes, I don't know how many we're missing and how many we've got. Archonsod should know.

ghosttiger13 said:
since 2006. though I believe there were a couple long-ish breaks in production and a couple re-dos with the new versions being released
Pretty much. And most of that has been waiting for the skeletons to become moddable.  :lol:

Gandalf is pretty much canon already:
greywiz.jpg

But no, you won't.

can you take music fro MOC or DOW? they are both technically GW, and thus its not mixxing canon, am I not correct? if you dont have MOC or DOW I can try my best to find the musc files therein.

i don't know that GW would own the music. THQ and black hole, may hold those rights, or maybe a half half thing.

Regardless, Pagan is kindly composing our very own soundtrack, which I'm sure you'll be impressed with!

why yes i am, and thank you very much  :mrgreen:

oh and that bridge... that is as warhammer as warhammer comes.  stunning! simply stunning.

Nethoras said:
can you take music fro MOC or DOW? they are both technically GW, and thus its not mixxing canon, am I not correct? if you dont have MOC or DOW I can try my best to find the musc files therein.
I got the soundtrack cd! But it's still breaking copyright.

Pagan said:
oh and that bridge... that is as warhammer as warhammer comes.  stunning! simply stunning.
Thanks. And thanks to everyone else who has commented.

I thought I'd have a go at mucking around with the face textures:
faces2.jpg

Ursca said:
The information in the first post is... mostly accurate. More has been done than just the items on there. When it comes to scenes, I don't know how many we're missing and how many we've got. Archonsod should know.

Well, I'm willing to try my hand at any of them, but I think I'll start with that Temple of Morr.  Morr was always my favorite god of the Warhammer pantheon, yet there never seem to be much devoted to him.  I used to have the WFRP book from the first edition of the game (it fell apart a while back though...that book saw a lot of use) and I recall it saying that Morr's temples made use of a lot of doors, signifying portals to the undead realm.  I'll give it a shot and see what I can come up with. :smile:

Edit:  Just realized that it said GARDENS of Morr, not temple.  Are "Gardens of Morr" graveyards?  Part of larger temples?

Yes, Gardens of Morr are graveyards, usually with some kind of chapel and staffed by a priest of Morr and a Sexton.

I've sent you a PM, but to recap for everyone else, It's probably the best idea to wait for a demo or something before working on scenes - that way you'll have a full set of textures and scene props to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom