SP Fantasy Warhammer Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, is anyone doing like artwork?  like for the load screens and wage payment screen and main game screen and so on. to give the whole mod a warhammer feel, like TLD has done.

if there is no one doing it, my partner is an artist and i can ask her to draw up warhammer-style pictures to replace all the picture screens with. just a thought to make a total WH engrossing game...

here are links to some warhammer style stuff she has done. from her deviant art page.

TAU WARRIOR
http://vj-helm.deviantart.com/art/Tau-warrior-57180344

TAUREN MAGE
http://vj-helm.deviantart.com/art/Tauren-Mage-Final-47695011

TAUREN SCOUT
http://vj-helm.deviantart.com/art/Tauren-Scout-47004327

Be'Lakor
http://vj-helm.deviantart.com/art/Be-Lakor-47004245

Great! Thanks a lot. I was far along in my Kingdom In Turmoil TC until I encountered the troop error.

YAH! I just got it working. The troop file was fixed, and I'll release it very soon. (1 hour). Its still quite Alpha-ish, because I've only been working on it for a couple days. Alas, this is not the place to talk about my mod.

Please, take a look at my mod, judge my skill, and give me a worthy task.

Thanks.

new track! The one that has been busting my chops actually.

it is called Heart Of Chaos and it is not a track you can just listen to on its own, so i wont bother posting it on here.  it has no obvious melody and the beat is chaotic and 'messy'. i wanted the music to have chaotic order just like a battle. just when you think its a mess, it becomes a clear tune. keeping a balance is why this track was a pain.  i have tested it in EG2, since that mod has a dark and dirty warhammer feel. and i couldnt be happier. i feel it is PERFECT!. true battle music, when you are conscentrating on killing and so on, and NOT the music, it just fits so well. big hype i know, but i love it.

ursca, archonsod, if you guys would like to hear it ill pm a link to you. but it really needs to be heard IN game, not just on its own, coz you will think, WTF!. which is what i kept thinking until i put it in game and realised i had it right the first time lol.

Oh yes, please send it over. I can always load up M&B and play it during a battle.  :wink:

As for art, I have been plodding my way through some portraits for the attack/retreat screens.
I've also got other pieces hanging around for use in other menus, so I don't think artwork's going to be a problem. Thanks all the same though.  :smile:

Here's some pieces:
peasant.jpg

captain-1.jpg

bandit-1.jpg

Hope you like them.

Edit: Also, does anyone know if you can change the font modularly? And if anyone can give a hand with changing the game font it would be much appreciated.
The font I'm trying to convert is called 'Caslon Antique' (although there is a version called Casablanca Antique which is basically the same but with more characters).

ok ursca sent ya a PM with the link

and those pics look cool, i just asked coz i didnt see artwork anywhere. heheh this mod is gonna rock!

Also, does anyone know if you can change the font modularly?
You used to be able to by editing comic_sans.tga.
Unfortunately this no longer seems the case.

I'm trying to find out if it's now stores in a .brf file, or if editing font1.txt or font_data.xml will change it, if the font is installed. On the other hand though I really ought to be doing college work  :wink:

Edit - Run out of ideas for now.

Well I found this thread. I got the texture sorted out, but broke down at the xml editing bit. I'm sure I'll get it figured out at some point.
Tostig said:
On the other hand though I really ought to be doing college work  :wink:
Get your priorities right! Warhammer Mod before Education!
Honestly. Some people.  :roll:

Also, we still need someone to help by making a map. I made the last one, but to be honest, it was a bit rubbish. My attention span's far too short.  :wink:

I can try to make a map, chances are ill fluff it, but hey ill give it a go.

Decent map = Cast on a 30+

Edit: Btw, if i may, apart from the map what else needs to be done for the first version?

Archonsod said:
The Empire does have them, but it's not something you'd usually see used (at least outside of an assassination). I mean why bother with a crossbow pistol when you can get an actual pistol just as easily?

Hell of a lot quicker to load, I believe.

IIRC both took an attack to reload. There wouldn't be that much difference in reload times. With a black powder pistol, the longest portion of the loading process is actually measuring out the powder, but a decent powder horn would see to that. A crossbow pistol tends to be trickier to reload, since in order to replicate the power of it's larger cousins it requires the spring be wound much tighter than normal, which usually required a crank or lever.

Of course, if reloading time is an issue then you could just use a bow...

in an assisination reload time shouldnt be a problem, the idea is not to have to take a second shot :p. but then again why not just use the good old rapier for that.

it isnt all that much quieter than a blackpowder pistol, as far as I know a blackbowder weapon sounded more like combustive flatulence than an explosion. I would think a poof and a low decibal "womph" wouldnt be much louder than a crossbow. also qho needs quiet once you've hit your target everyone is going to be on your ass within seconds anyways.

A crossbow pistol would be quite concealable and is far less conspicuous and more accurate than a blackpowder pistol. The bolts could probably be poisoned too.
Pity the internet seems to have failed me in regards to sources on crossbow pistols.  :???:

Vympel said:
You guys going to release this before next MB version?
No idea.

kermitthefrog3 said:
I can try to make a map, chances are ill fluff it, but hey ill give it a go.
It's always worth a try.  :razz:
If you're serious though, I'll send you a PM with all the information you'll need to know.

kermitthefrog3 said:
Edit: Btw, if i may, apart from the map what else needs to be done for the first version?
Stuff.  :neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom