Warband won't start

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, i bought the game a few days (steam sale) ago but it won't start. I see the process start in the Task Manager but after a few seconds it closes automatically. All my other games run fine.

I had tried (with no success):
- Deleting rgl_config.txt
- Reinstalling several times the game in steam
- Downloading directly from TaleWorlds
- Deactivating the Nod32
- Updating DirectX
- Clean the Windows Registry (i tested the game some time ago, trial version)
- I have the most updated ATI drivers at the moment

CPU: Intel i3 540 (3.07GHz)
RAM: 16Gb
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 6850

Thanks.

Other thing to try deleting that any reinstall won't touch is the folder at
%APPDATA%\Mount&Blade Warband\

If not that, you might want to go to your install folder and copy the contents of the rgl_log.txt file and past them here...we'll see if anything is getting written there.

Hi, I have the exact same problem as akaruz: when I try to start Warband, I get a small Steam window telling me it's launching, then nothing. This is weird, since I played the game a lot last year, and as far as i remember I haven't made any huge changes to my PC since then. I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling then redownloading from Steam, etc, and then I saw this and deleted the folder at C:Users/<My Name>/AppData/Roaming/Mount&Blade Warband/, but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

OK, so I uninstalled the game again, and deleted the whole folders at Documents/Mount&Blade Warband and Documents/Mount&Blade Warband Savegames. I haad already deleted the APPData one yesterday, so I'm pretty sure that was everything. I Just intalled it again, and it still doesn't work. Now what?

Very odd.
-Be sure your DirectX is up-to-date
-Be sure your C++ Redistributables are up-to-date
-if either of the above aren't, be sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date

If all else fails, download Warband directly from Taleworlds.com and use the CD Key provided in your Steam Library to activate that non-Steam version of the game.

I uninstalled, then downloaded from Taleworlds using the Steam serial key, and now it works perfectly. Thanks a lot!

akaruz do you use Ts3 ? There's a problem with ts overlay where you need to close ts so Warband will open but you can fix this by disabling ts overlay. If you don't use ts then don't worry about that :grin:

Back
Top Bottom