Warband - Sending Message to Player on Server based on player text chat

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I've noticed some servers have some type of server commands, for example something like !help would list commands, !kill would kill you and things like that. I'm interested in sending a message to the players. I was hoping to be able to some how interpret the chat and react to them based on what ever input they had. For example over break I'm hoping to make a database on the server-box that would track kills/deaths and many other things. One command I would love to implement onto native warband would me something simple like !kd which would go pull the data from the database and respond to you with said value. Bonus points and something I've seen done on some servers would to cancel the !kd command from that they typed wouldn't how up to anyone else so they may keep there command usage private / not bloat the text chat in game. Long story short I want to send a custom message to a player that does a specific text command.

Warbands multiplayer stuff is a bit intimidating so I'm wondering if anyone has experience in doing this and would be willing to help me. I know its been done before but sadly I don't know whos done it yet and havn't found anything on the forums. Looking for a good project to sharpen some of my database skills this break and don't want to go the website route and would rather do it ingame.

Cheers,
Fred

there are tutorials, OSP and admin mods for multiplayer admin of a server. People that use them can list the ones that are working currently.

You can also search the sub sections of the Forge and check this list https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142989.0.html until they reply

Make sure to mention what module you are using (like Native 1.174) and you game version (like Warband 1.174) installed on the server, plus if you use WSE or not.

Your server module requires to run on WSE in the first place.
Only WSE provides scripts to fetch the hardcoded ingame chats and operations to process string data.

Back
Top Bottom