Warband Script Enhancer (WSE) For Dummies

Users who are viewing this thread

And I guess you have been tryign to join a Shogun server? It might be the shogun server itself that's the problem.... Uhmm, have you checked your game for updates?

I don't think kobra's problem has something to do with a multiplayer server. Usually when you get the error message about an unsupported version, it's when you're trying to initially start the game. If your Warband and Shogun mod are both updated and you aren't playing a cracked executable, I'm not sure what could be causing the error, as those are the most likely reasons. I'm not even sure WSE is involved.

Yes, in either the last pages of general discussion, or in the event thread!

I have this error   
89968623.png
  BUT I have this version of warband and its the original. I try with this becaus and after patch 1 the game stucks on the scene with your dying father and also the game doesnt saw me the damage meseges(i have enable them for sure :razz:)Plz help!!!

...Something tells me you are a dupe of someone who's had 4 or so of his dupes banned...

kostadingo said:
I have this error   
89968623.png
  BUT I have this version of warband and its the original. I try with this becaus and after patch 1 the game stucks on the scene with your dying father and also the game doesnt saw me the damage meseges(i have enable them for sure :razz:)Plz help!!!
These were my findings from inquiring about the error, but you're welcome to ask WSE's author again if you aren't using a cracked version and think you have the game fully updated. Beyond what cmpxchg8b has said here, I'm not sure what else could be causing the error.
Suminagashi said:
I asked for info on the WSE main thread about some errors people were having with it, and here's what was said.
cmpxchg8b said:
I'd like to help, but I can't do much unless you give me more information about the errors (especially by running the loader in verbose mode).
However, I can tell you something more about the errors you mentioned.
The first one is from an old version of the loader, so it's kind of expected that it doesn't work properly...
The second one means that the Warband executable is different from the one the loader is expecting. Maybe the one found by the loader is outdated or pirated, but the best way to make sure it doesn't happen is to apply the 1.143 update from TaleWorlds's website (unless it's a Steam version, in that case it should be updated from Steam). Obviously, applying cracks or modifications over the update will trigger the error again.
By "first one" he means, "could not find mb_warband_dedicated_exe," and by "second one" he means, "You are running an unsupported version of Warband, WSE is made for V1.143." So, from what I can gather, it sounds to me like for both it's basically a case of folks not having everything fully up-to-date, or using pirated versions of Warband.
One of these days I'll have all the answers to the problems people keep asking about, and I'll add them as a Troubleshooting section to the original post. I'll also update the Shogun download links when woyo-sensei gets new ones up. One of these days...

[Edit: I've updated the downloads part with a list of all currently available download locations. I'll get around to a Troubleshooting section some time later, hopefully when I have more information about people's problems.]

[Edit 2: I just added a Troubleshooting section, although it is not quite satisfactory. For now it is at least a placeholder to hold places.]

WSE is currently broken until a new version is out to correspond with today's Warband update to 1.150, as WSE will not work on versions other than 1.143. I'll update the main post in this thread when WSE is updated.

[Edit: 1.150 must've screwed some things up or something 'cause I got another update today, likely 1.151. I can't say for sure or what it even did because Steam's website seems to be down or something... Now that the site is working for me again, I can honestly say that there's currently no patch notes available. D'oh.]

[Edit 2: Here's a summary of sorts on the details for the delay of a working version of WSE.]

I have no idea. Personally, I don't recommend playing Shogun until WSE is a compatible version with Warband. I'm ashamed to say that I've been neglecting to update this thread to reflect that WSE isn't going to work right now but I wasn't expecting this whole deal to go on for months. From what I've read, we may be getting another Warband update in the near future as well, which means even more waiting for WSE's creator to commit. Ugh. I guess I'll go ahead and at least make a note that a lot of my information is outdated and useless.

kostadingo said:
I have this error   
89968623.png
Shogun: Sengoku Jidai? That's fun. Had this issue too. First, tried to launch the mod under 1.153. The cutscene stopped at the moment of father's death. Except that other things worked just fine. Then got legal english 1.143 (instead of 1.153 installed over russian 1.143) and installed it in another directory. Made clean mod and WSE install. The cutscene didn't start at all. Had 10 unsuccessful runs per 1 succesful.
The trouble is in the Warband mission scripts but neither in the mod nor in the wse.

Well, back when the game was 1.143, if people got that message, it was for some unsavory reasons. Now that the game is 1.153, you're going to get that message unless you roll back or until WSE is finally updated to be compatible. I can understand WSE's author wanting to hold off on updating until he's sure Warband won't be updated right after, but it's kind of ridiculous that it's been put off for this long.

I'd hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I'm worried that this may never get updated. This really helped improve M&B Warband.

Back
Top Bottom