Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.5)

Users who are viewing this thread

You can use ai_mesh_face_group_show_hide for enable and disable ai mesh when destroying or rebuilding a wall, for example.
Also possible implement operation for moving ai mesh, check Carribean module system
ai_mesh_face_group_translate = 2550 # (ai_mesh_face_group_translate, <group_no>, <position>), #translates the group by distance given in position.
How can I get the ai mesh face group no? If I use agent_get_current_ai_mesh_face_group, it always return 0. I tried to view the AI Mesh-Face Mode in the vanilla edit mode. As a result, I couldn't select a face, and the actual AI Mesh ID on the left panel was always 0. Is this an incomplete or deprecated feature of Warband?

How can I get the ai mesh face group no? If I use agent_get_current_ai_mesh_face_group, it always return 0. I tried to view the AI Mesh-Face Mode in the vanilla edit mode. As a result, I couldn't select a face, and the actual AI Mesh ID on the left panel was always 0. Is this an incomplete or deprecated feature of Warband?
did you test on WSE2 and the vanilla warband engine both?

did you test on WSE2 and the vanilla warband engine both?
Since agent_get_current_ai_mesh_face_group is the operation of WSE2, so I test it on WSE2; as for the AI mesh editing mode, it was tested on vanilla warband.

But I saw that ai mesh faces could be selected in previous tutorials, why can't they now?

Last edited:
Face selection works and you must set the ai mesh id for the faces you need. Default ID is always 0. The ai_mesh_face_group_show_hide operation works for all faces with the specified ID.

In the warband editor, selected faces are not highlighted in color, which is misleading. Bug or shortcoming?

in the Caribbean editor they are highlighted

I will take this point into account for the scene editor in WSE2

Face selection works and you must set the ai mesh id for the faces you need. Default ID is always 0. The ai_mesh_face_group_show_hide operation works for all faces with the specified ID.

In the warband editor, selected faces are not highlighted in color, which is misleading. Bug or shortcoming?

You are correct. I have not tried moving the surface before, and the default AI mesh id is all 0, so I mistakenly thought it was invalid.

But ai_mesh_face_group_show_hide seems to be invalid. I have specified the ID of an AI mesh face and controlled it by pressing keys, but the result is always ineffective. Tested on vanilla warband and wse2 at the same time, with or without edit mode.
AI agents always pass through the gate.

But ai_mesh_face_group_show_hide seems to be invalid. I have specified the ID of an AI mesh face and controlled it by pressing keys, but the result is always ineffective. Tested on vanilla warband and wse2 at the same time, with or without edit mode.
Send me your test code with module system, I'll check it

The faces are texture mapped to the font.dds as they know that file is always loaded, on the cross of the capital T. Any mod with a custom font will break the UI mesh face view because of that.

n2JQa.png

Link to the conversation on discord.

Maybe the Caribbean team changed the way the faces are mapped or got lucky.

Every time I try to launch WSE2, be it using Native or a mod, it gives me an error message saying "ERROR: failed to load core resource core_shaders"

After modifying FONT.DDS, I successfully displayed the AI Mesh face. After that, the magic is that this OP CODE is effective! @

K700

Last edited:
In the next update I will make a separate material for ai meshes and fix operations for working with AI meshes.
It's great to have this convenience, thank you. I'm also looking forward to what the new scene editor will be like in the future lol.

ai_mesh_face_group_show_hide is invalid in ti_on_scene_prop_init. My guess is that the AI mesh loading order is later than scene_props, so use (3, 0, ti_once, for example, to initialize the display or hiding.

install all files from the latest wse2
if it doesn't help, reinstall the game and install the latest wse2
Still no luck. I even installed the version directly from the TaleWorlds website rather than the Steam version, and still getting the same message, but this time there was a "Failed to initialize logging" message beforehand

Edit: Tried again after replying, and this time I got a "Failed to load shaders (88760B59)" message instead

Edit 2: The issue is only for Native, I tried the Last Days of the Third Age mod and it worked fine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom