Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.5)

Users who are viewing this thread

I requested access.

I run my mod in WSE2 and get a black screen with FXAA or Post Processing Filter enabled.
WSE2 usually does this automatically, but you need to edit postFX.fx file from your module and add to the end this strings

Code:
#if WSE2
#include "postFX_WSE2.fx"
#endif

OK.

And, he tried the upper codes, then he found a overlapping bug of textures, he thinks there's a conflict, he inquires if there's a way to bypass or forbid postFX_WSE2.fx, still use the default shader effects of warband. Is it available?

OK.

And, he tried the upper codes, then he found a overlapping bug of textures, he thinks there's a conflict, he inquires if there's a way to bypass or forbid postFX_WSE2.fx, still use the default shader effects of warband. Is it available?
no

I still don't have access to your Google Drive links.

Hi. I'm really intrigued in the multiplayer campaign mode. Are you planning on only making it usable on Native or on every modules that have multiplayer mode? e.g. Touhou Gensokyo Warfare supports every multiplayer mode. (Or perhaps I had wrong thoughts of it, idk.)

Hi. I'm really intrigued in the multiplayer campaign mode. Are you planning on only making it usable on Native or on every modules that have multiplayer mode? e.g. Touhou Gensokyo Warfare supports every multiplayer mode. (Or perhaps I had wrong thoughts of it, idk.)
This will be a separate mod based on the native module. It will be released as an open source and can be implemented into any multiplayer mod, although this will require a lot of effort.

1. Lag spikes in large battles (300-500 troops).
Problem described on Chinese and here on Taleworld forums

a. I deleted content of «apply_effect_of_other_people_on_courage_scores» scripts in scripts.txt and left it blank.
b. I removed call for above script in mission_templates.txt

I can confirm that lag spikes are gone in Native if I use a. or b. method and enemies are still able to flee.
However, in other mods like Warsword Conquest this method doesn’t help much. Lags become less severe but still present.
Warsword Conquest, at least back when I last saw source (201:cool:, had significantly more happening in timed loops than just calculating morale or using formations. I don't think comparing one mod's 500 agents in a battle to another mod's 500 agents in a battle sees the actual bandwidth use as different scripts perform try_for_agents with a get_distance_between_pos for some effect or the overhead of applying various changes to encumbrance, pulsed fear effects, and and other non-native things. Since that time a great deal was added, doubtless streamlined, and otherwise cleaned up from my touch, so I am not the right expert on this, now. What I did notice for WSE2 is a greatly improved try_for_agents when I only want a few agents near some point, something that I might have wanted to remember in a list rather than having to repeat very often, as try_for_agents is very wasteful once the number of agents climbs.

Certainly any mod will not miraculously be accelerated if the modder is not ready to change the way often repeated loops are implemented. I try to reduce bandwidth in native by considering whether I can avoid something like try_for_agents getting spammed every few seconds; for 40 agents nobody notices; for 400 certainly it matters. I would reckon there are 5-8 times as many operations occurring across time in your favorite mods as in native; or maybe if poorly written (and WC is not) then 50-80 times as much. But I may not be a very skilled modder; certainly I have a shameful history of errors. I would say with the same un-named mod I manage, 2024 versus mid 2017, I took about 12 times more efficient, but very few people noticed, because they look at the surface and both look about the same. I greatly appreciate K700's efforts, and the last 200 posts here and at WSE prove it to my satisfaction that WSE is exactly what will be needed to perform a paradigm shift for modding. Bannerlord doesn't excite me - Warband is affordable, well documented, and runs on toasters. The third world can program, and benefit. I could probably gain another 35% efficiency from better scripting tweaks shown in the last 100 or so posts in this thread.

I definitely think WSE2 has improved handling over native, despite my reluctance before today to use it on a different mod I work on. I mostly figure it is difficult for end users/steam users/people scared of modders from east europe etc. But yesterday it looked to be the ONLY way to do something I really needed, and hundreds of posts later I am certain it is what I need to use for one very specific use, plus I see it has other things I needed for a different use.

Sorry for the overly long post.

Looks like last update broke the sea battles in viking conquest. You and your soldiers just slip away from the ship as it goes forwards and eventually you drop the sea.

Hi.

I tried to use WSE2 and Perisno together and found that the battle text is slow to appear. At first I thought that the battle text just plain didn't show up, but I got it to show after pausing for a bit during arena battles. Once the text does start appearing it appears and tracks as normal, but only for that particular battle, then it stop appearing properly again. I've noticed this occurs to any of the log text outside of battle as well, but I can't figure out how to get it to show.

This is interesting because so far the only module where this occurs that I have is Perisno.

Last edited:
This is a mod problem. Probably due to a large number of script errors in the log. Warband does not display messages when they spam chat in this way.

This is a mod problem. Probably due to a large number of script errors in the log. Warband does not display messages when they spam chat in this way.
I checked and you're right, there is a lot of this in the log:

Though if it's a mod issue, why does that error only appear when WSE2 is being used and not when it isn't? And what do I need to do to get rid of the error?

Last edited:
I can’t say without check the scripts in the module system.

troop_add_item = 1530 # (troop_add_item, <troop_id>, <item_id>, [modifier]),
# Adds an item to the troop, optionally with a modifier (see imod_* constants in header_item_modifiers.py).

Checking the validity of an item in an operation is no different for WSE2

About a few months ago I started having a problem in napoleonic wars. My fps used to be around 400-500 with WSE2 installed, but just at random moment (I just started napoleonic wars and didn't install anything) my fps dropped to 50-100. Without WSE2 my fps is around 200. So WSE2 instead of raising my fps lowers it, what could be the problem?
I will also note that I only play online mode.

Last edited:
Just checking in to give an update on WSE2 Shaders and Linux Proton partial compatibility issue I brought up awhile ago -

Strangely, if you install reshade for Warband/WF&S (github/kevinlekiller/reshade-steam-proton) the additional shader functions of WSE2 (fxaa, etc.) will miraculously work properly and without any additional shader-compile stuttering during runtime, as what usually accompanies other games through Proton with reshade

Neat.

Back
Top Bottom