Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

It is now possible to support WSE2 development on patreon. With financial support, I will be able to devote more time to development.

Roadmap:
  • Scene editor, more convenient and functional than warband.
  • Changing physics engine (required for x64, the latest open havok version is obsolete and does not support x64).
  • x64 build for huge modules.
  • DX11/DX12/Vulkan support.
  • Plugin system.

How else can you help WSE2?

1)Required programmer to develop a convenient launcher for WSE2 to get rid of .bat files.

Features:

• Scan Modules folder and display a list of modules to run for both client and dedicated server.
  • Autoupdate WSE2
  • Modules repository (optional)

2)If you are a modder you can port your modules to WSE2.

I would like to give access to the data structures of the game and the ability to redefine functions, but so far I have not even thought about the implementation.

No, current behavior of physics will not change. Havoc it's mostly just ragdoll.
It would also be great to add cloth and hair physics for example.

My dream requests a full-feature scene editor
  • Prefabs
    • Place a group of scene props and save their locations in relation to one another to be used again later. Being able to share prefab files with fellow modders would be great
  • Array placement
    • Select one prop and use a function auto place the same prop in either: a fixed amount a fixed distance away from one another, or to fill up a set distance evenly with x amount of the prop. A toggle to set the arrayed props height on Z from ground to match their original would be perfect.
  • Being able to see named registers inside prop variant ids.
    • Like "trp_player" instead of 1 for example.
    • This is a bit niche, but it would be nice. I personally use props that spawn troops and the like so being able to declare it this way instead of remembering their IDs would be amazing.
  • A separate metadata system for tagging props
    • Essentially, stand alone from the current module system that stores metadata about individual scene prop entries. Custom tags about what culture, what style of building, etc to allow for a prop search function.
  • Theme Swap
    • This one sort of comes after a way to tag the props, but being able to swap all Swadian themed props with snow or Nord theme for instance would help with iterative mapping.
  • Load, Save and Save As.
  • Undo > Redo
  • Copy, Cut, Paste
  • Fast Outer terrain swapping
I'm sure everyone has their own, wild ideas as to what a useful scene editor would be, but these are a few thoughts I had about what I would like.

Obviously, this isn't a request or anything. I am happy to support you for as long as you continue to work on WSE, no strings attached.

I fully encourage anyone else who has the means and wishes to help see this project mature to do the same.

Last edited:
Has WSE2 implemented support for custom game key bindings?

From what I have found, there are currently 20 game keys available for custom use, but their bindings cannot be changed from in-game Controls menu (greyed out). I can only change them from Documents/Mount&Blade Warband WSE2/[module]/module_controls.ini but even then I cannot set custom name for keys - they just appear as blank in Controls menu.

Is this how it should work, or am I missing something?

edit languages\en\ui.csv and set names for ui_custom_keys
after this you can edit this keys ingame
Also you can set default values for this keys for your module in module_controls_template.ini

The warband scene editor is the most frustrating level editor I've ever see, the lack of a undo button, not be able to rotate a scene prop with precise values makes it a nightmare for me.

Also not a request but an idea, increase the game skins' limit to 1 byte would be amazing.

I might become a Patreon because Warband is my favorite game and your project is magic.

The number of skins is limited by troop_type_mask = 0x0000000f
But this can be bypassed by using a separate variable to store the skin and operation troop_set_type instead of specifying flag in troop.

The warband scene editor is the most frustrating level editor I've ever see, the lack of a undo button, not be able to rotate a scene prop with precise values makes it a nightmare for me.
In my opinion, it is actually the simplest, the most user-friendly/ basic level editor I have stumbled upon. I have created many levels with Hammer, Unreal Engine editors...

The number of skins is limited by troop_type_mask = 0x0000000f
But this can be bypassed by using a separate variable to store the skin and operation troop_set_type instead of specifying flag in troop.
So this mean, by simply setting troop_type_mask = 0x000000ff I can have up to 256 skins ?
I'm sorry for not understanding I'm a bit confused...

In my opinion, it is actually the simplest, the most user-friendly/ basic level editor I have stumbled upon. I have created many levels with Hammer, Unreal Engine editors...
It's just a question of opinion, Hammer Editor is my favorite one, I agree it's not user-friendly but you get used too quickly and the editor is very complete.

Back
Top Bottom