Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

When is the x64 build for huge modules? When will huge maps and battles in 10,000 units be possible with optimization using multi-core?
I have said more than once that i first need to replace the havok with another physics engine, there are no havok libraries for x64 in the public domain.
I don’t think that battles of this scale are possible on this engine, this is not a RTS, here each agent has his own complicated ai. In addition, it is impossible to make scripts run on multiple cores, this will completely break compatibility with warband.

-Added "Edit Mode" tab to Options window.
-Added "Set lod quality" option.
-Fixed character window crash, if it is called from menu window.
-Fixed quests title.
-Fixed incorrect default value for bDontLoadRegularTroopInventories.

I need your help, @K700.The same shader file behaves differently in vanilla and WSE2. I added the SSAO effect in the shader, it works fine in vanilla, but it doesn't work in WSE2.
iWwDe8.th.png
iWw4Zy.th.jpeg
look at the corner.

Download the file privately sent to you to experience the difference visually, especially when you approach the corner of the wall.
The SSAO part is mostly based on this:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...x-occlusion-parallax-ssao.351946/post-8456970

Last edited:
This requires the help of a person who is better versed in shaders than me, in order to understand exactly where the engine processes the shader differently than in the warband.

I've been having a issue with ti_on_init_missile, everything works fine but at times it will send a script error message of a invalid id. Sometimes only once and sometimes it would repeat every time I fired a missile with the same ID being showed on the error message and then after 10 shots stopping.
image.png

fire_ball_missile = (ti_on_init_missile, [
(store_trigger_param_1, ":missile"),

(missile_get_cur_position, pos0, ":missile"),

(try_for_range, reg4, 5, 20),
(set_position_delta, pos0, reg4, 0, 0), #Position, X, Y, Z.
(particle_system_add_new, "psys_torch_fire", pos0),
(val_add, reg4, 10),
(try_end),]),

I would imagine the issue is that it sometimes tries to find the missile a moment before it actually spawns, thought that wouldn't make too much sense? I also tried adding:
(missile_is_valid, ":missile"),
but that made the missile particles not spawn sometimes, and sometimes they did.

ti_on_init_missile = -101.0 #can only be used in module_items triggers
# Trigger Param 1: shooter agent no
# Trigger Param 2: launcher item kind no
# Trigger Param 3: launcher item modifier
# Trigger Param 4: missile item kind no
# Trigger Param 5: missile item modifier
# Trigger Param 6: missile no

use (store_trigger_param_6, ":missile"),

This requires the help of a person who is better versed in shaders than me, in order to understand exactly where the engine processes the shader differently than in the warband.
I thought it would be easier for you to fix it because WSE2's new shader effects are added by you. Now I don't know how to solve it.
Please let me know if you have any further suggestions or progress towards solving the problem. Thanks a lot.

ti_on_init_missile = -101.0 #can only be used in module_items triggers
# Trigger Param 1: shooter agent no
# Trigger Param 2: launcher item kind no
# Trigger Param 3: launcher item modifier
# Trigger Param 4: missile item kind no
# Trigger Param 5: missile item modifier
# Trigger Param 6: missile no

use (store_trigger_param_6, ":missile"),
Thanks, works fine now!

I don't know if it's a new problem or not, but I've noticed that WSE2 has a lot of trouble displaying notification messages - anything produced by (display_message,"@some text here"), / display_debug_message / display_log_message

In vanilla, if there is a lot of messages, they disappear at first, but after a while new messages get displayed properly.
In WSE2, if they disappear because there was too much to display, they never work again, even if I reload a save, and the only way to get the messages working again is to restart the game altogether.
This is a major hindrance, because as a modder I use display_message extensively for debugging purposes.
Especially after a battle which has a lot of people dying at once I can't see my debug messages popping up, which makes modding so much harder.
The whole point of switching to WSE2 for me was to make the debugging easier (skipping launcher, more readable text and so on).
I hope something can be done about it.

How add scene to your module main menu

1)Add bMainMenuScene=true to your module_config_template.ini

2)Add this strings to your game_variables.txt for menu background mesh ui_quick_battle_a. Mesh can be edited in user_interface_c.brf

Code:
initial_menu_background_position_x = 0.025
initial_menu_background_position_y = 0.14
initial_menu_background_size_x = 0.24
initial_menu_background_size_y = 0.5

3)Add wse_initial_window_start script to your module_scripts.py

Code:
("wse_initial_window_start",
    [
        (assign, ":town_scene", "scn_your_scene"),
        (modify_visitors_at_site, ":town_scene"),
        (reset_visitors),
        (set_jump_mission, "mt_your_mission_template"),
        (jump_to_scene, ":town_scene"),
        (change_screen_mission),        
  ]),
I don't know why, but the content of the newly added script after I compiled it is always empty. I can only convert it into txt numbers and paste them, and finally get it done.
My code in ti_before_mission_start doesn't work for the main menu scene like setting rain.

I don't know why, but the content of the newly added script after I compiled it is always empty. I can only convert it into txt numbers and paste them, and finally get it done.
My code in ti_before_mission_start doesn't work for the main menu scene like setting rain.
I solved it by adding particle effect manually.

Back
Top Bottom