Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Axxoy said:
Characters tab is not accessible from the map, C key is not working and manually clicking doesn't work either. (Tested with Native)

I've got this too and to add to it, while the character screen can be accessed from scenes for some reason, it's not possible to go to the statistics page, clicking it simply does nothing. You can't expect me to test my mod without importing my 1000 stat test character!

mport / export of characters and cheat mod are not implemented.

Khamukkamu said:
Also, crash playing VC on WSE2.

Send me rgl_log. And more detailed information, under what circumstances, was repeated and so on.

horns said:
Trying to run with NeoGK and I am receiving the following error:
ERROR: Number of alternatives exceeds 3 for shader agent_shader

Neogk - delete core_shaders.brf from Native\Resource folde

It seems we can't change the battle size past 150 men? Tried changing from config files but as soon as I start the game it gets overridden.

Also for some reason any custom music put into the mod is not played by the game. WSE for some reason is unable to open them.

Error message : "Unable to load Medieval_Music_Wild_Boars_Inn.mp3 (open state: 2)"

Axxoy said:
It seems we can't change the battle size past 150 men? Tried changing from config files but as soon as I start the game it gets overridden.

Also for some reason any custom music put into the mod is not played by the game. WSE for some reason is unable to open them.

Error message : "Unable to load Medieval_Music_Wild_Boars_Inn.mp3 (open state: 2)"

I ran into this in the past as well and I think I know what it is, but never tested it. From my understanding, the cap for battles is removed from the engine, but I think there is still a limit in the module source that still exists.

So you cannot just add WSE or WSE2 to a mod and have the cap lifted. You would need to edit the mod source to remove this cap, recompile the source, and then be able to play with the increase cap.

If someone knows more about this or has gotten it working in some other way, please feel free to contribute. Like I said, I barely touched this before I really had a chance to effectively troubleshoot.

Khamukkamu said:
RGL Log here

Entered a castle, crash occurred. Don't remember which castle and which option chosen (Visit Hall or Take a Walk).

Thanks!

It seems that during the capture of the castle the number of stacks of prisoners exceeded 512. Please try to collect a large number of prisoners and repeat the crash.

horns said:
Axxoy said:

I ran into this in the past as well and I think I know what it is, but never tested it. From my understanding, the cap for battles is removed from the engine, but I think there is still a limit in the module source that still exists.

So you cannot just add WSE or WSE2 to a mod and have the cap lifted. You would need to edit the mod source to remove this cap, recompile the source, and then be able to play with the increase cap.

If someone knows more about this or has gotten it working in some other way, please feel free to contribute. Like I said, I barely touched this before I really had a chance to effectively troubleshoot.

I think there's a cap set in the WSE 2 module, as now we can adjust how many corpses we want in a battle that is now offered by a bar to set it. It should be a thing with the battlesize as well. Manually adjusting it via config file doesnt work as it gets overridden by the game as soon as its started, I tried doing it the same way viking conquest did with the module.ini by adding lines that will change the battlesize but no luck. Changing config files was working with WSE 1 as it was using the native Warband's config files so it was pretty easy to change it, but not with WSE2. Guess we will have to wait for an updated WSE2, its a shame we cant make use of the huge FPS boost by playing large battles.

Bug with character screen will be fixed.

About the battle size:

battle_size_min and battle_size_max in module.ini do nothing by themselves, they only increase battle size number in options screen. This is a way to show that in our module  the battle is bigger than in native,  true increase is in module system - (add_reinforcements_to_entry,0,45), for viking conquest instead (add_reinforcements_to_entry,0,6), for native.

i will add rglConfig::Battle::iBattleSizeMin and rglConfig::Battle::iBattleSizeMax options in next release to avoid confusion.

another way to increase the size of the battle besides the module system:
battle_size in rgl_config.txt is a slider value for battle size option. 1.0000 - 100%. In wse2 sets correct max value 1.000 for slider fBattleSize, warband does not have such a check and therefore it is possible to set any value, e.g. 8.083330, what will be displayed as 1000 in options for native.

I remove this cap in next release, 10.000000 - reasonable limit.
Also for options_set_battle_size operation.

here is the formula for battle size number in options screen
round(rglConfig::Battle::fBattleSize * (rglConfig::Battle::iBattleSizeMax - rglConfig::Battle::iBattleSizeMin)) + rglConfig::Battle::iBattleSizeMin))

default iBattleSizeMax  = 150
default iBattleSizeMin  = 30

The game date seem to be stuck at 23rd of March 1257 so the player is unable to upgrade his/her party. Tried on a mod though. I'll test it in Native too.

Edit : Can confirm that for Native as well, besides that the reports regarding the events on the world map are bugged instead of showing lord names or village names that was raided there are random numbers or several question marks.

Aruda said:
The game date seem to be stuck at 23rd of March 1257 so the player is unable to upgrade his/her party. Tried on a mod though. I'll test it in Native too.

Edit : Can confirm that for Native as well, besides that the reports regarding the events on the world map are bugged instead of showing lord names or village names that was raided there are random numbers or several question marks.

bug with date change will be fixed.

Need information about reports. Tested and noticed that often at end of string is displayed garbage information, perhaps part of old string, remaining in memory. Report itself contains valid names. Also report is correctly displayed in gamelogs.

-Added iBattleSizeMin, iBattleSizeMax config options.
-Increased battle size limit.
-Fixed bugs with character screen, date change and display message.

I have two suggestions:

1. Map the camera zoom setting to the menu. In native Warband, you can control camera zoom with the +/- keys on the numpad. However, your setting will not save and every time you restart the game you will have hold +/- if you want your camera to zoom in/out. It would be better if it saved.

2. Make infantry camera/actor control behave the same in singleplayer as it does in multiplayer. In singleplayer, your actor will not rotate with the camera unless you are moving, or holding an attack or block. This was fixed in multiplayer but in singleplayer it remains. The current behaviour makes it impossible for the player to turn their character when remaining still without performing an action. If the player wants to view their character's outfit, there is a view outfit button for that.

HyperCharge said:
1)I wish you could do the scene in main menu.  :grin:

2) Disable-Enable hud for cinematic things maybe?

1)As a Carribean? Yes, it's possible, although the amount of work will be considerable.

2)Also possible.

K700 said:
HyperCharge said:
1)I wish you could do the scene in main menu.  :grin:

2) Disable-Enable hud for cinematic things maybe?

1)As a Carribean? Yes, it's possible, although the amount of work will be considerable.

2)Also possible.

Damn, that would be great :grin:
What about inventory item instances for everything instead of modifiers only (so you can apply things on only one item instance instead of every instance of the item or even create custom modifiers)?

I realize that even if it's possible, it may take ages and too much effort so please don't take it too seriously. More of a question rather than suggestion :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom