Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been trying to fix this microstutter problem for almost a month and I can not for the life of me fix it. Mostly dealt with it in Warsword Conquest and/ or Expanded. It uses for now WSE , but it works just fine for WSE2 with the exception of some red text and crashes due to Exception Acces Violation.
-Anything over 100 units in a FIELD battle has 2 kinds of microstutter, 1 goes away as soon as I get downed and increases or decreases with battlesize, the other stays and repeats every 2 seconds or so until there are no more than 110 units where it becomes unspottable. I tried 250 units in a siege multiple times and it never had ANY stutter.

I have a decent enough PC, no overclocking :
CPU: 6-Core 4.1 GHz Intel I5-10600KF
GPU: Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
RAM: 16 RAM 2.666Mhz
Motherboard: PRIME H510M
PSU: 450W
Windows 10 PRO fully updated, drivers all updated

Have tried in vain:
Redownloading and reinstalling Warband
Redownloading and reinstalling Warsword Conquest
Changing Nvidia Control Panel settings , Maximum Performance etc
Changing Warband priority and affinity with ProcessLasso and Taskmanager
Lowering graphic settings to minimum
Changing Resolution(to the lowest possible) and refresh rate( Monitor 75Hz)
Capping Framerate (When max is 75 it drops to 70, 60 to 54 ,30 to 25) with MSI Afterburner which I used to see how much resources are used
Changing mouse polling rate, button response, DPI,
Increasing Virtual Memory ( it was stupid I know)
Disabling Formations and all the advanced fixes for AI
Turning V-sync On and Off
Turning Load Textures on Demand On and Off
Windowed or Fullscreen
Changing Compatibility mode to any Windows
Running as administrator
NO Overheating as no component was at more than 50% usage(only GPU ) 23% CPU, 2400Mhz RAM, and no more than 30% PSU power used
And countless others that I can not remember now.

Now, in WSE there are a lot of crashes in campaign map but the battles are for better or worse stable, with lag rather than fixed framedrops like these, or when there are microstutters they are 1-2 frames, barely spottable in comparison to same size in WSE2 (around 200 units).
Siege battle:
Field battle:
Costum battle 200v200:
Costum battle after I get downed:

These microstutter problems appear in some mods that were NOT explicitly compatible with WSE2, while in others they work just fine.
How is it possible that sieges work just fine but field battles do not? I think maybe scripts are the problem? Or some other thing based on compatibility?
Any help is much appreciated and if this is not meant for this thread please feel free to remove it. Thank you !

Last edited:
That sounds like it's a trigger that is iterating through all the agents and performing a lot of tasks and needs to be optimized by the mod developer. The game will hang while it completes all the scripts in a trigger, so if a trigger is particularly heavy, you'll get these little stutters.

Hi, I've been playing this single-player Rus 13th Century mod, and some of the troops can only be upgraded in towns. When I tried to upgrade in WSE2 I only got a blank menu screen, but with WSE v4.8.7 and the native launcher, there are no problems. Is there any way to solve this issue?

Hi, I've been playing this single-player Rus 13th Century mod, and some of the troops can only be upgraded in towns. When I tried to upgrade in WSE2 I only got a blank menu screen, but with WSE v4.8.7 and the native launcher, there are no problems. Is there any way to solve this issue?
Send me rgl_log.txt and save before this upgrade.

(reposting in the correct thread) Playing Prophecy of Pendor and have a few bugs, from most breaking to least:
  • Lords don't appear to have a limit of troops, and the party morale system has no effect, resulting in 2k+ parties like shown in the photo
  • after hundreds of days playing, a companion leaves the party they remain permanantely lost with 'whereabouts unknown'
  • (edit - took picture of issue) with larger battle sizes the enemy often is spawned too close, resulting in horses spawning on top of each other, many cavalry dismounting, and units stuck in a stack of horses. Sometimes own troops are stuck where spawned regardless of command. Perhaps this could be fixed by spawning with units spread further apart?
  • (could be related to the point above) about every 5 seconds the game freezes for less than a half second. The screen and keyboard input are effected. This happens regardless of graphics settings but usually have noticed In battles where the size is greater than ~450. Horse AI isn't enabled, also disabled sound occlusion. my best guess is this is CPU related but doesn't happen without WSE2
  • the 'damage to friends' modifier to difficulty rating is inverted
Added the save file and an images of doomstack and unit spawn

save file

I've had the second bug in my games too. Some mounted units on my side will dismount at the start of the battle, and ordering them to mount horses again doesn't work. The same will also happen to the enemy quite often. Some armies will dismount nearly half of their cavalry, likely because all their cav is at the top of the troop stack, though for some reason unique spawns like the Dread Legion don't suffer from this. It seems to happen more often in rough terrain, so at first I thought it was some mod-specific AI behaviour until others in the PoP discord reported it as a bug.

Not sure if the first point is a bug or a standard Warband AI cheat.

Edit: This problem exists to a lesser extent without WSE2, it's probably a generic warband bug exacerbated by the larger battle sizes that WSE2's performance boost makes possible.

Last edited:
How do I enable edit mode properly?
I'm running PK and I've edited the WSE rgl_config.ini to enable edit mode.
But when I run the game in edit mode, it doesn't show the edit pannel, where u add objects or edit the terrain.
I also get some error messages when launching MB with the enabled edit mode.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I've been playing AD1257 EE, and I tried to launch the mod with WSE2 for the first time. The game crashed during the loading screen with the ERROR: Unable to find hair mesh: man_hair_m_new. Is this because of the mod file not having the required mesh? Hope there's some way to fix this!

Hi, I've been playing AD1257 EE, and I tried to launch the mod with WSE2 for the first time. The game crashed during the loading screen with the ERROR: Unable to find hair mesh: man_hair_m_new. Is this because of the mod file not having the required mesh? Hope there's some way to fix this!
send me rgl_log.txt

Hi K700,

I have some script that stopped working after I added WSE2, and narrowed the issue down to prop_instance_intersects_with_prop_instance.
Did WSE2 change anything for this operation?

header_operations.py
Python:
prop_instance_intersects_with_prop_instance       = 1880 # (prop_instance_intersects_with_prop_instance, <scene_prop_id>, <scene_prop_id>), give second scene_prop_id as -1 to check all scene props.
                                                         # cannot check polygon-to-polygon physics models, but can check any other combinations between sphere, capsule and polygon physics models.

The script snippet from module_scripts.py (triggered from mission_templates.py) where I use it and does not work. At this point, the ladder has a rotational animation, falling down to the ground, and when hitting any collision, is supposed to stop animating. That's not what happens, and it just stands in the start position, basically, stopping the animation directly. For testing purposes I added a 'neq|' infront of it, and that makes it continue rotating until a trigger spawns it flat on the ground, ignoring the rest of the script coming after the operation.
Python:
(prop_instance_is_valid, ":instance_id"), # Check again to make sure its valid
(prop_instance_is_animating, ":is_animating", ":instance_id"),
(prop_instance_get_scene_prop_kind, ":ladder_kind", ":instance_id"),
(try_begin),
  (eq, ":ladder_kind", "spr_code_ladder_6m"),
  (eq, ":is_animating", 1),
  (prop_instance_intersects_with_prop_instance, ":instance_id", -1),
  # (neq|prop_instance_intersects_with_prop_instance, ":instance_id", -1),
  (prop_instance_stop_animating, ":instance_id"),

Any idea where I might be wrong, or if WSE2 not supports it correctly?

This is module error. WSE2 has stricter mod error checking. Open skins.txt and replace not present in module man_hair_m_new with man_hair_m

Hi K700,

I have some script that stopped working after I added WSE2, and narrowed the issue down to prop_instance_intersects_with_prop_instance.
Did WSE2 change anything for this operation?
Please, send me your module, so i can debug prop_instance_intersects_with_prop_instance operation.

This is module error. WSE2 has stricter mod error checking. Open skins.txt and replace not present in module man_hair_m_new with man_hair_m
I just checked the txt file and it only has man_hair_m. Double checked with other modules' txt files and I don't see any man_hair_m_new.
Just sent you the txt file via pm. Sorry for bothers, but once again, thanks for your effort!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom