Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

-Head deformation applied to all helmet's meshes, not just for the first.
-Updated Music manager.
-Fixed overlay_set_size operation for combo button and slider.

-Head deformation applied to all helmet's meshes, not just for the first.
-Updated Music manager.
-Fixed overlay_set_size operation for combo button and slider.
Thank you for this update, and for the dedication you show towards your project.
My clan mates are enthusiastic about the way this software is being polished and improved.
I think you really made the life easier to many server administrators and game masters.

Are there news concerning the bugged shadows too? I ask because I'd like to know if you need more information I could try to provide. Or, maybe, were you able to reproduce the issue on your end?

The problem reproduces on my side, but not every time. So far I can not trace the dependence and understand what causes it. Can you test with different shadow settings?

Hey first of all thank you for making a WFaS version, it was game changing for me and my project!

I'm running a WSE Server for my mod and it works fine on LAN but doesn't show up on the server list when I try to port forward it. I run a native server that works fine and I did everything the same so I'm very confused at why it isn't working. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks

I'm running a WSE Server for my mod and it works fine on LAN but doesn't show up on the server list when I try to port forward it. I run a native server that works fine and I did everything the same so I'm very confused at why it isn't working. Has anyone else run into this problem?
I tested and did not notice any problems with adding the wfas server to the list. Try execute console command get_add_to_game_servers_list and see what it returns.

Last edited:
The problem reproduces on my side, but not every time. So far I can not trace the dependence and understand what causes it. Can you test with different shadow settings?
The bug seems to trigger when shadows quality is set to "High" and above. No issues seem to appear on "Low".
If you say you're able to reproduce the bug, however, I'd recommend to do all the tests on your end, it would be more quick. On the other hand, I and my clan mates are always available to do some mass tests and see how the same function behaves in different computers.

I take the opportunity to report that it happened to me a crash to desktop when trying to activate the depth effects video settings in Viking Conquest. Here's the log.

I tested and did not notice any problems with adding the wfas server to the list. Try execute console command get_add_to_game_servers_list and see what it returns.
It says it's enabled but I can still only see it when I'm on the same network. Maybe I could try using a server hosting service? Do you know if there are any that would run a WSE server?

Maybe I could try using a server hosting service?
It is absolutely recommended that you do it, I thought you had done it already. External dedicated servers are cheap and they are far more stable and reliant than locally-hosted ones. VPS servers are quite affordable, you may check them out.
So the creators have to port it, right? Have they done it?
Most mods should be compatible with WSE2 without any porting performed beforehand. Go to Gekokujo's folder and see if there are no files with .fx extension in it; if there are no such files present, you are safe to use the mod with WSE2 with no problems.

It is absolutely recommended that you do it, I thought you had done it already. External dedicated servers are cheap and they are far more stable and reliant than locally-hosted ones. VPS servers are quite affordable, you may check them out.

Most mods should be compatible with WSE2 without any porting performed beforehand. Go to Gekokujo's folder and see if there are no files with .fx extension in it; if there are no such files present, you are safe to use the mod with WSE2 with no problems.
Ah, there are .fx files, unfortunately. :sad:

Do you have a recommendation for a service that offers vps servers?

I am not in active modding so take my opinion without value. I think that you are trying rob Peter to pay Paul. It will not work. Instead you should spend more time to figure out what difficulties have newbies when converting modules and create more broad and detailed instructions. You need to create a friendly environment to modders helping each other. Maybe creating discord channel in Warband or even new discord? You are the only one who have knowledge now. You should provide more information about difference between Warband shaders and WSE.

Do you have a recommendation for a service that offers vps servers?
No, I have no idea and I will not find it out since I will never again host a game server in the franchise of M&B.
what difficulties have newbies when converting modules and create more broad and detailed instructions
The guide is not for total newbies but for advanced modders who want to port their mod to WSE2; it seems fine in my opinion.

I am not in active modding so take my opinion without value. I think that you are trying rob Peter to pay Paul. It will not work. Instead you should spend more time to figure out what difficulties have newbies when converting modules and create more broad and detailed instructions. You need to create a friendly environment to modders helping each other. Maybe creating discord channel in Warband or even new discord? You are the only one who have knowledge now. You should provide more information about difference between Warband shaders and WSE.
TRUER WORDS!

All right, jokes apart, what Vetrogor said is something I really matured too over these weeks, but I wouldn't be able to tell it with better words, truly.
Performances shall take top priority. Maybe we could wait and see if experienced modders are able to start porting their modules into this new game engine or if, with some more details, more people are able to help at wololoing mods.

Actually I may have something that could be of interest concerning compatibility, but I thought that bug catching would have come first and I didn't want to disturb with other things. However, if you're interested, K700, I think I've found two modules that could work in your engine with very little adjustments, and they are multiplayer mods, pretty populated in the weekends so they'd bring in some more popularity as well.
I've prepared all the information, some reports about the tests I've made with my clan, and some files. If you'd like to give it a look, do not hesitate to tell me. Just know that they work, maybe with a couple of minor visual bugs.

Back
Top Bottom