Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Update only main WSE2 archive.
Module files updated rarely, I usually write about it separately if the update is significant.
In the case of NW, this was a correction of the position of the weapon in the left hand when reloading.

Update only main WSE2 archive.
Module files updated rarely, I usually write about it separately if the update is significant.
In the case of NW, this was a correction of the position of the weapon in the left hand when reloading.
Good, thank you! Just be sure to notice whenever you update some side files too, I want to be sure to keep everything up to date, also for my clan mates too.

There is a quick way to do that in OpenBRF by opening a BRF file with shaders and then right-clicking on them and choosing 'Used by' option to reveal all references. Anyway, K700 knows the most about WSE2; I am not going to try to resolve its issues anymore.
Thank you for your help, I'll try to remove any reference to the shaders in the items with this methodology you're proposing.
But I think I'll have to check if the whole mod is set to use its custom shaders because the crash happened at the very startup. Maybe that there's a specific place where the module is instructed to use certain shaders instead of the native ones?

Thank you for your help, I'll try to remove any reference to the shaders in the items with this methodology you're proposing.
But I think I'll have to check if the whole mod is set to use its custom shaders because the crash happened at the very startup. Maybe that there's a specific place where the module is instructed to use certain shaders instead of the native ones?
I do not know, sorry; I have no idea how the engine works regarding shaders.

I do not know, sorry; I have no idea how the engine works regarding shaders.

No problem, mate!

I'm just trying so hard to understand, as you see, an easy way to make modules compatibile with this new engine, apparently without success so far.
The potential of Warband Script Enhancer is incredible: it practically made obsolete the default engine, at least listening to my benchmarks; it's just a pity that great mods which are also the most demanding ones cannot benefit from new engine's advantages, at least until I'll find a way to convert or remove their custom shaders.

Thank you. In while I've made some more tests, even playing together with my friends (all running WSE2), and I may be able to report a couple of bugs.

I. In Viking Conquest, banners are not properly displayed on the world map sprites. Instead, a texture of many white shields appear. Shield of the troops that accompany their lords, also, are black and white, like the outlaw ones, and not of their lord's banner color.

II. World map sprites have their walking and riding animations very slow.

III. In Viking Conquest, texts in certain sub menus of certain types of settlements are bigger and out border their frame. The whole menu looks like a book and text is supposed to stay on the left page, but it goes further and reaches the first portion of the right page. I'm playing with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 if it matters.

IV. While I've noticed that loading times are reduced, it seems to be simply because V-Sync is reset and disabled at every start. I have to disable it in the options and then re-enable it to eliminate the screen tearing.

V. In Full Invasion Osiris me and my friends got a couple of crashes and freezes. On my friends' end the game frozen and they had to restart it. On my end, instead, which is a more powerful build, I got a black screen for a couple of seconds, sound still playing, then image reappeared but textures were ultra-low for an instant, then everything resumed. It produces a spike of 100% GPU usage, while normally it's used at about 33% for that match. It happened frequently.

VI. In Viking Conquest, naval battle, stormy sea, the ships aren't synced to the changing water level. They goes below water level when there's a wave and they flies between waves, like if they reacts in late to the tide change.

Tell me if you need logs or our configuration files!

Here are the materials you've requested, I hope this will help you in your good work!

I. Screenshot is available here.

II. Video is available here.

III. Screenshot is available here.

V. The two logs are available here and here, they are from two different computers, owned by two different mates that were present at the event of last Sunday.

VI. Video is available here.

Thanks again for your kind availability at bug catching, and again for the useful job you're doing for the community.
I hope you'll soon be able to provide me that guide so I can start converting modules for this new engine.

Thank you for the guide, I think I've understood the first two steps, however I may have a couple of questions concerning the third and the fourth.

III.
  1. You say we have two options depending on where the shader files are located, id est if they're inside a single BRF package or if they're inside one or more BRF packages that include other resources. I have no clue, however, for which files I've to look. Can you give me the exact names of these shader files?
  2. Once I have extracted the files from the module's BRF packages, either by cutting and pasting them from the BRFs that contains them or by simply extracting that single BRF which is supposed to include all the shaders in one place, how can I proceed with compiling? It's mentioned that I have to run the "build_shaders.bat" file, but where is it supposed to take the information to compile the shaders? Shall I simply put the files I've found in the sub-folder "Shaders" of the WSE2 SDK directory?
  3. What does it mean "If setled flag shf_uses_skinning, then technique name and technique name with skin swapped"?
IV.
  1. You mentioned the "fx sources", but what's the name of the files that constitute these sources? This to know if they're included in the materials I have or if they aren't, and in the latter case I can specifically ask for these files to the author instead of asking for all the shader files.
  2. What does it mean "You need to transfer all found changes to your module shader sources file."? Also, if the Warband native shaders are the native shaders and if the "mbsrc.fx" file is provided with the WSE2 SDK kit, when do the "fx sources", specific of the module I'm converting, enter in action in this process?
A general question: which version of Python shall I use? The latest or the older one suggested for the Warband's module system?

Thanks in advance.

-Updated FMOD Ex library.
-Fixed VSync.
-Fixed crash with agent fade out.
-Added missing game variables.
-Refixed set_shader_param_... operations with threaded renderer.
-Fixed itp_cant_use_on_horseback item flag.
-Fixed ti_on_init_map_icon trigger.
-Fixed vertex animation speed for map icon.

It looks like WSE ignores the fAttributePointsPerLevel setting, unless something is extra borked in my setup. Specifically in Viking Conquest, where the value is 0.195000. There, 1 attribute point is supposed to be given every 5 levels, and with WSE it gives 1 att. point every level as in the original.

New version WSE2 1.0.6.7 causes more crashes with Full Invasion Osiris for me (mostly once per game/map) than before. I reverted back to 1.0.6.6 version because I had worse crashes - in the middle of game - not even with Steam default version on medium detail i had such crashes like with 1.0.6.7 version. Something works wrong with this new version + Osiris.

New version WSE2 1.0.6.7 causes more crashes with Full Invasion Osiris for me (mostly once per game/map) than before. I reverted back to 1.0.6.6 version because I had worse crashes - in the middle of game - not even with Steam default version on medium detail i had such crashes like with 1.0.6.7 version. Something works wrong with this new version + Osiris.

Send me rgl logs with these crashes.

Last edited:
I did not notice any problems with loading language files. What exactly are you doing?
Everything works like a warband.
First, the language code is read. All files are loaded from the languages\code folder, then Modules\module\languages\code.

I did not notice any problems with loading language files. What exactly are you doing?
Everything works like a warband.
First, the language code is read. All files are loaded from the languages\code folder, then Modules\module\languages\code.

Do you mean that both language files are loaded? If string present in vanilla than string from module is ommited? It should override instead. And how do you change language?

Updated:
Whait language file isn't loaded at all. I put ui.csv in Modules\MyMod\languages\en\. Vanilla Warband behavior is not loading en file untill you change language in the launcher to other, then english again. But I can't change language in WSE2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom