SP Medieval [WB] WIP - Das Heilige Römische Reich 1426 AD

Users who are viewing this thread

And I can conqueror the bloody Slesvig-Holsten once again! :grin: thanks for this amazing mod  :grin:

Mod progress have been rather nice for quite some time now, and I've updated they first post several times.
I'll post some new screens in a short while.

DamHove said:
And I can conqueror the bloody Slesvig-Holsten once again!

Not sure whether Schleswig-Holstein will make it into the first alpha version, but you'll surely be able to conquer them in a rather near future :wink:

DamHove said:
:grin: thanks for this amazing mod  :grin:

You're welcome! :grin:

Hynek z Děčína said:
Good Idea! As a Czech I look foward to Hussite. Will it be avalible to play as them?

They will be treated rather similar to all other factions, so yes, you just have to swear allegiance to Zikmund Korybutovič
(or whomever I decide to be their faction leader) and you're game. Not sure whether they will be in the first alpha though, I still have some research to do about them.

Even though I wouldn't be able to conqueror Slesvig-Holsten, I think this gonna be a fantastic mod! What are you going to do about the equipment? Will it be something like native, or some nex textures and meshes? :smile:

You will be able to conquer Schleswig-Holstein eventually, I promise :wink:, I'm just focusing on the 'core' areas (and 'core' factions) right now.

New meshes are beyond my capabilities, but I plan to do a lot of new textures. I'm just too busy handling all the other aspects of modding right now to devote time to textures. I posted a few screens of retextures in the first post. My purpose was just to try out the BRF editor, so you shouldn't judge them too harshly :wink:.

Yes, offcourse! It certainly sounds amazing any way :smile:
I do have some sword models if you wish to use them? some of them are based on high and late medieval patterns. So just tell me if they could be useful? :smile:

Retexturing weapons is rather low on the priority list right now (although I might add specular lightning to some OSP ones), but I would be happy to take a look at them... do you have a link to some screens?

Kohlrabi said:
14th-15th century cannon.  (for new siege scenes)

Calradia: Modern Warfare has a cannon in it's brf files. The texture is messed up, though. I don't know where they got it from. Maybe it's a leftover from Age of Machinery or sth.

I got a cannon model aswell :smile: Just text me if you need it. It is based on the first primitive wheeled canons, so got wheels, but the barrel is ain't  as big as the later cannons

Kohlrabi said:
They will be treated rather similar to all other factions, so yes, you just have to swear allegiance to Zikmund Korybutovič
(or whomever I decide to be their faction leader) and you're game. Not sure whether they will be in the first alpha though, I still have some research to do about them.

A map will include the Czech town? Sorry for my English, but using Google Translate.

Albertus Magnus said:
Albertus Magnus said:
Maybe if you need help I could make a townscene for Rostock which would be like Rostock
was at that time  :wink:

What do you say?

I'm very sorry to have missed that post... of course! I would love that!

(A note to other scene makers: New scenes would very welcome - especially large cities and fortified villages)

Hynek z Děčína said:
A map will include the Czech town? Sorry for my English, but using Google Translate.

Absolutely!

DamHove said:
I got a cannon model aswell :smile: Just text me if you need it. It is based on the first primitive wheeled canons, so got wheels, but the barrel is ain't  as big as the later cannons

Sounds great! Can I have a look at it? I can send you my email in a PM if you want to.

I have sent you the swords and the canon on the mail that you gave me :smile:
I hope that they'll do the trick. but im am working on a more siege type canon rigth now if the first canon can't do it

Wow, awesome mod idea and already looking very promising!  :grin:

i can offer you some help with historical research. i'm a german mediaevalist, so i'm not completely unfamiliar with the Holy Roman Empire in 1426.  :wink:
If your interested in some help, just send me word about what you need, and i'll try to provide it. Although i haven't much sparetime and i also do some research for othr's great 1257 mod, i would be happy to help out...

btw: maybe you should include the town of Bingen near Mainz (some 35 km west of Mainz on the rhine, where the river makes a curve towards the north, in fact, next to Ingelheim), it was one of the most important places of the archbishopric back then (and the course of the rhine might get a bit adjusted...)

DamHove said:
I have sent you the swords and the canon on the mail that you gave me :smile:
I hope that they'll do the trick. but im am working on a more siege type canon rigth now if the first canon can't do it

Thanks! I replied through email.

Rule zum Rabensang said:
Wow, awesome mod idea and already looking very promising!  :grin:

Thanks! I think it's a great idea too - I had to do it! :grin:

Rule zum Rabensang said:
i can offer you some help with historical research. i'm a german mediaevalist, so i'm not completely unfamiliar with the Holy Roman Empire in 1426.  :wink:
If your interested in some help, just send me word about what you need, and i'll try to provide it. Although i haven't much sparetime and i also do some research for othr's great 1257 mod, i would be happy to help out...

Well, there are two things that I can think of right now, that I haven't managed to dig up.

1) A list of mayors for the different Imperial Free Cities in 1426

2) Lesser known members of the major noble houses, i.e. cousins, half-brothers etc - those who didn't become dukes or counts.
I've only found the major lines of succession, forcing me to make up lords to fill out the factions right now.

Both these things would be very appreciated!

Rule zum Rabensang said:
btw: maybe you should include the town of Bingen near Mainz (some 35 km west of Mainz on the rhine, where the river makes a curve towards the north, in fact, next to Ingelheim), it was one of the most important places of the archbishopric back then (and the course of the rhine might get a bit adjusted...)

I'll see about Bingen. As it is now, the archbishopric of Mainz is a tad strong in comparison to the other factions.
I'll keep that town in mind though (even though I haven't managed to find very much information about it).

Rule zum Rabensang said:
(and the course of the rhine might get a bit adjusted...)

Well, I agree. :smile:
This was my first attempt at mapping, and I learned a lot in the process. I plan to make a new map from scratch later on, but I want to see how this works out in-game first. The Rhine will have to do for this first version :wink:

Kohlrabi said:
Well, there are two things that I can think of right now, that I haven't managed to dig up.

1) A list of mayors for the different Imperial Free Cities in 1426

2) Lesser known members of the major noble houses, i.e. cousins, half-brothers etc - those who didn't become dukes or counts.
I've only found the major lines of succession, forcing me to make up lords to fill out the factions right now.

Both these things would be very appreciated!

A list of the mayors of the most important Imperial Free Cities should not be a big problem, maybe i get it done until the start of the next week.
The lesser known members of some noble houses will take some more work (because, er, they are lesser known... :wink:), but it shouldn't be that complicated either. there are dynasty lists and family trees for almost all noble families who managed to gain princely status. Maybe you can tell me which families are most needed, so i know where to start.

and yeah, Bingen isn't much known at all, but it was nearly as important as Koblenz. it's history was kind of forgotten, that's why it is a cool object for my academic work... 

I just made an entire new siege cannon :grin: And as I am currently working on how to texture the damn things, I hope to be of service later on :smile: And yes, I have seen your mail now

Back
Top Bottom