Warband Revival League Announcement & Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Very nice of you to name a tournament after the revival of the Senate.

Team Name: Legacy Senate
Team Tag: Senate_
Contact 1: Gibby TW - Steam
Contact 2: Mandingo TW - Steam
Banner:
senate-1.png
Roster:

Gibby1182817
Mandingo3626027
Snacc3249105
Angola_Merkel1781958
Matt1531204
Cobra996512
PuffTheDragon1302523
Ciiges1754921
Slade1373744
Hrod1749281
CTH1343798
Preferred Division: B
you guys really want those tshirts

need the free agent thread asap

We have the thread already in the tw-group, and gonna update it everytime something adds up here. Tw-group access will be granted as soon as all the threads are sorted and looking good :')

Suggestion to the admin or admins deciding tournament format:

While divisions are fine, we're on a state on the scene where we shouldn't split, but stack as many teams as we can on the same playground, specially in the months to come. It's not only bad for a tournament with prize pool were people is smart enough to half-stack and pick 'division B' but also for the current scene state. You can always provide incentive with a progressive system which could also include divisions, but that connect later on through Knockout Stage where top 16 is involved, and match ups for Div C and B scale difficulty gradually based on placements on divisions ladder.

It's just not good to split the community, but also award someone who didn't earn it while dragging down bottom of division A, B and C.

You could keep divisions and connect all the teams into a wider Knockout Stage, as said, Would've liked to play teams in the last tournament but we were split into 2 completely different tournaments and this division system wouldn't feel any different if some teams as seen, could easily be A but choose B instead to fight for some welcomed prize.

(Hope you consider this or at least reply with some reasoning)

Last edited:
Team Name: Knights of Malta
Team Tag: Malta
Contact 1: Vincent (Taleworlds / Steam)
Contact 2: Weesmithy ( Taleworlds / Steam)
Contact 3: bullez ( Taleworlds / Steam)
Banner:
axoA0vF.jpg
Roster:

Normanguy - ID
Angrynerd - ID
Ascarion - ID
Aela - ID
Weesmithy - ID
Xerxes - ID
Habrak - ID
Pepper - ID
CarpeDiem - ID
bullez - ID
Mace- ID
Popo- ID
Preferred Division: A

Last edited:
Suggestion to the admin or admins deciding tournament format:

While divisions are fine, we're on a state on the scene where we shouldn't split, but stack as many teams as we can on the same playground, specially in the months to come. It's not only bad for a tournament with prize pool were people is smart enough to half-stack and pick 'division B' but also for the current scene state. You can always provide incentive with a progressive system which could also include divisions, but that connect later on through Knockout Stage where top 16 is involved, and match ups for Div C and B scale difficulty gradually based on placements on divisions ladder.

It's just not good to split the community, but also award someone who didn't earn it while dragging down bottom of division A, B and C.

You could keep divisions and connect all the teams into a wider Knockout Stage, as said, Would've liked to play teams in the last tournament but we were split into 2 completely different tournaments and this division system wouldn't feel any different if some teams as seen, could easily be A but choose B instead to fight for some welcomed prize.

(Hope you consider this or at least reply with some reasoning)

I won't make a comment regarding the tournament format, as that is solely Vincent's decision. I will, however, state your issue regarding the division system. You can see the "preferred division" on the template given to sign teams up. That isn't necesarilly what division you WILL play in, it sort of sits there to give you as the team captain, an idea of what you expect, or want for your team. Seeing 2020 warband, and newer names who are taking up the spotlight on the lower divisions, of course, a solid team with older names will not play in a division with the warband matchmaking div c warlords, aka "newer gen" of warband players. There will be a group of admins, coming together from different teams, and divisions (to reduce bias) to finalize the group stages, and the divisions. So patience for now is the best solution, of course, this all depends on what teams actually sign up for div b and a. But for now, I think it is safe to say that div b in 2020 is < than div b in 2019, 2018, and so on.

I understand your points Charli, but this is not what we are aiming for. If we go for this format lower/worse teams will not enjoy the tournament at all, since after the group stage, they know they will lose to a div a/b team. Especially Div C teams just wanna play with their friends and have fun. They are not aiming for actually destroying all the teams (in most cases).

We have discussed this already, but I doubt this will end in what we want. The outcome is way too predictable since the past has shown that always the top teams get the prices then. The matches won't be exciting (many stomps) and people are not really motivated/enjoying the tournament. Probably even Div B teams will not take it as seriously as they could since they know after group stage they have to compete with top tier teams. We could consider putting Div A and B together in one knock out, but that depends on the numbers and the actual teams who sign up.

The point with teams joining lower divisions could be also brought up for your suggested structure. When teams know they cannot become one of the higher ranks - they try to join lower divisions to get a stop in the wider knockouts. And bringing them all together in one group will end in even more knockouts.

My impression is that there are only a few teams left with the motivation to beat top tier teams. Most teams just wanna play and enjoy the game in a competitive manner.

Last edited:
I won't make a comment regarding the tournament format, as that is solely Vincent's decision. I will, however, state your issue regarding the division system. You can see the "preferred division" on the template given to sign teams up. That isn't necesarilly what division you WILL play in, it sort of sits there to give you as the team captain, an idea of what you expect, or want for your team. Seeing 2020 warband, and newer names who are taking up the spotlight on the lower divisions, of course, a solid team with older names will not play in a division with the warband matchmaking div c warlords, aka "newer gen" of warband players. There will be a group of admins, coming together from different teams, and divisions (to reduce bias) to finalize the group stages, and the divisions. So patience for now is the best solution, of course, this all depends on what teams actually sign up for div b and a. But for now, I think it is safe to say that div b in 2020 is < than div b in 2019, 2018, and so on.

While what you stated is true regarding div preference and the actual division where they're set, we've all seen that mistakes following this criteria have been made in different tours like WNLs, and teams end up in divisions where they shouldn't be, even if most of the teams do play where they should. This happens because seeding isn't easy, and now in 2020 it's extremely hard to properly judge where teams should be because of rustyness, new teams, 'new players' as you mentioned, players joining rosters mid tourney and the fact that some players may sign up and not play afterwards.

Also this doesn't really provide a better ground to the issue I presented regarding community being split + unfair awards dragging down non winning-candidates of each division. I think incentive is way better presented by interesting knockout match ups after an intense division system to qualify into them.

But well, let's see what Vincent and the other admins think, I really wouldn't like to have to choose what team I don't wanna play vs this tournament, as in the last 6v6 we missed the oppotunity to play interesting teams like IR just because they were in a complete separate tournament because of a format reason.

I understand your points Charli, but this is not what we are aiming for. If we go for this format lower/worse teams will not enjoy the tournament at all, since after the group stage, they know they will lose to a div a/b team. Especially Div C teams just wanna play with their friends and have fun. They are not aiming for actually destroying all the teams (in most cases).

We have discussed this already, but I doubt this will end in what we want. The outcome is way too predictable since the past has shown that always the top teams get the prices then. The matches won't be exciting (many stomps) and people are not really motivated/enjoying the tournament. Probably even Div B teams will not take it as seriously as they could since they know after group stage they have to compete with top tier teams. We could consider putting Div A and B together in one knock out, but that depends on the numbers and the actual teams who sign up.

The point with teams joining lower divisions could be also brought up for your suggested structure. When teams know they cannot become one of the higher ranks - they try to join lower divisions to get a stop in the wider knockouts.

My impression is that there are only a few teams left with the motivation to beat top tier teams. Most teams just wanna play and enjoy the game in a competitive manner.

Well appreciate the answer, but again, WIS did approach a similar format than the one I just presented and I recall some 'mid' teams going against really good teams and winning on Knockout after a really balanced group stage vs teams of their seeded level.

I don't think incentive is lost at all unless that you throw the winner of division C straight to the winner of division A, which should not happen, in fact, If you set up match ups on knockout determined by placements, you make sure that the difficulty goes up gradually for the lower seeded qualified teams.

Up to you if you discussed already and I guess we'll have to go with it, but as said splitting on current stage is not good and if you misjudge when seeding you may end up discouraging not the lower teams but those actually trying, while rewarding with an easy win and t-shirts some oportunistic groups. At least make sure to limit additions in some sort of rule-way please.

If you want a unified league with more teams I quite liked the system WPL2 had when it came to weekly matchups. As in, teams fighting teams very close to them on the league table. WNL8 had something along those lines too, with the addition of divisions. You'd just have to make sure that the week 1 matchups aren't actually random but rather seeded or done in some way where the top and bottom teams of the tournament will correctly land on their place on the league table to continue fighting opponents on their level. Personally as a Div C team in the last WNL8 we had a lot of fun and there were many close/equal matches with only a few stomps in between but I understand it's hard to always place teams in the correct divisions.

It's just not good to split the community [...]

I don't see how the divisions split the community. All they do is try to bring teams with equal skill levels together for the official matches. You can play with teams from any division if you so choose, nobody prevents a division A team to fight a division B team for training purposes. It's just one day a week where you have to play with someone in your division.

In general teams stick to their assigned division regarding training matches not because of a split community but because they want to fight teams with similar skill and these are ideally placed in the same division.

If you mix the best of Divisions A and B for a knockout it's highly unlikely any Division B team can win this - there is a reason why they were placed in their divisions initially. There will always be a few teams with highly skilled players who beat all the other teams. That's why we want to keep it seperate and give everyone the chance to win a prize.

This happens because seeding isn't easy, and now in 2020 it's extremely hard to properly judge where teams should be because of rustyness, new teams, 'new players' as you mentioned, players joining rosters mid tourney and the fact that some players may sign up and not play afterwards.

You are right about that. We will do the seeding as carefully and as good as we can and hopefully come forth with a solution everyone can agree on.

Please keep in mind that the format we choose and other details highly depend on the number of teams signing up.

Team Name: Commando OIDA
Team Tag: OIDA
Contact 1: Habi (Steam)
Contact 2: Albert_Einstein (Steam)
Banner:
saex9ur9.png
Roster:

Habi - 58260
Albert Einstein - 385374
Janczar - 713270 / 4339508
alex - 1138291
Surkan - 1275882