SP Fantasy [WB] Return of the Shadow - Seeking 2D Artist, Apply Within...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkeys_Uncle

Sergeant at Arms
Return of the Shadow

Return of the Shadow is an in-development module for Mount & Blade: Warband set in J.R.R. Tolkien's fantasy world of Middle Earth. It is set during the end days of the Third Age, just before the outbreak of the War of the Ring. The mod aims to adhere as closely as possible to Tolkien's writings, but will use the films from New Line Cinema as visual reference.

The mod is in no way official or endorsed by New Line or Tolkien Enterprises, however no copyrighted material is used at it is in no way intended to infringe upon copyright.

While still in the early stages of development, progress is slow but steady and updates will be featured on a semi-regular basis.

Team:
Monkey's_Uncle: Team Leader, Coder and Researcher
Myth020: Second in Command and Researcher
Sir_Smash: Models and Textures
Rest: Models
Nodscouter: Modeller

Urgently Needed:
Scene Editor
2D Artist

Not Urgent but would be helpful:
Another Modeller
Another Coder
Someone who can make animations

Download:

Good luck mates! As a bystander I will give my opinion and suggestions.

Also, side note, There was a OSP pack not too long ago in the forge that had minas tirith walls and houses.

hurray! I advise taking AS LONG as you need and more. A good mod takes time.

I'm going to add a poll that will run for two weeks about what type of landscapes you all want for the mod, be they Polished Landscapes, Taller Grass, Vanilla Warband etc.

Remember to vote upon what you think will have the greatest Tolkienesque feel to it!

Right, just like to say it's about time we got a thread of our own! lol
Also i'm back from a weekend of fun and am available for stuff again :smile:

I suggest you set a certain amount of votes to get up to for a poll (ex. 30, 40, 50) and once that limit is reached, wait a day or two and then move onto the next poll.

Hi Guys!
I'm going to upload a teaser release for you all to play with, it should be up quite soon! (I'm currently being verified for upload privileges to M&B Repository)

EDIT: However, I must inform you that unless we get some more peeps on our team progress is going to be slow, as I have now started college and free time is quite limited and must be divided between modding, painting and playing my guitar!

EDIT2: File is up, enjoy!

Hm... For one, I wouldn't call it v.0.8, but nevermind.

Isengard should be gray?
Rivindell should be light blue?
Planning on adding Haradrims as a separate faction? Then they could be red.

I'd suggest you switch Forlong the Fat to Prince Imrahil.
The face Codes were cool, looks a bit like the movie characters. I know it' hard to find the right face for someone in M&B... Also, the gondorian spearmen don't really use their spears...

Monkeys_Uncle said:
Hi Guys!
I'm going to upload a teaser release for you all to play with, it should be up quite soon! (I'm currently being verified for upload privileges to M&B Repository)

EDIT: However, I must inform you that unless we get some more peeps on our team progress is going to be slow, as I have now started college and free time is quite limited and must be divided between modding, painting and playing my guitar!

EDIT2: File is up, enjoy!
First off, nice choice picking the guitar  :cool:. Secondly, not bad with the progress so far considering you're doing all that.

Kazzan said:
Hm... For one, I wouldn't call it v.0.8, but nevermind.

Isengard should be gray?
Rivindell should be light blue?
Planning on adding Haradrims as a separate faction? Then they could be red.

I'd suggest you switch Forlong the Fat to Prince Imrahil.
The face Codes were cool, looks a bit like the movie characters. I know it' hard to find the right face for someone in M&B... Also, the gondorian spearmen don't really use their spears...

Forlong the Fat and Imrahil haven't actually got custom face codes yet, so they are still the original ones.
Rivendell should be a king of yellowy colour, I'll look into that.
Isengard should be white, again I'll look into that, probably got the colour codes mixed up somewhere.

That's weird about the Spearmen, I'm still tweaking the equipment of the Gondorian troops and probably added the wrong version accidentally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom