Warband Remastered

Would you like to see a remastered Warband?

• I support this as a Warband boomer who wanted Warband+

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I support this because my ancestors told me tales of Warband's greatness

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • No, they should focus on Bannerlord

Votes: 62 46.6%
  • No, they should give up on everything and commit company sudoku

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • I'm special and want a remastered Warband MP only

Votes: 10 7.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

This wasn't an issue unless you kept playing for an incredibly long time. Lords were much more likely to defect than be exiled (unless they were monarchs).
I think this mechanic was somehow screwed up in one of the later versions. I clearly remember lords going to exile out of Calradia after trying out each faction once in earlier versions.
Before buying Bannerlord, I ran two separate campaigns on warband though on the latest version and noone ever went exile anymore. They kept switching from one kingdom to another contiously and all kingdoms were left with one or two lords max that hold a fief because each time the king kicks them out, all lords apparently take a relationship penalty with the king.

You didn't reply to my question...
It's not a relevant question and it's highly subjective. For a newbie mesmerized with visuals the games would look vastly different. For veteran gamers BL would look very similar to WB, but more shallow, imbalanced and empty. The new features are too few and too unpolished to make up for this.

It's not a relevant question and it's highly subjective. For a newbie mesmerized with visuals the games would look vastly different. For veteran gamers BL would look very similar to WB, but more shallow, imbalanced and empty. The new features are too few and too unpolished to make up for this.
Okay I understand why you will not reply to my irrelevant question...
Very perceptive on all counts, I'm just messing with people. I don't even own or play the game, to max my trolling level.

Bannerlord pros: Graphics, generally more responsive combat (i.e. less of the stuck-in-molasses feel that permeated Warband combat)

Warband pros: basically everything else

I support this quixotic quest for Warband remastered.

And I could be wrong, but most people here probably spent hundreds of hours on vanilla before even realizing you could mod the game, so their experiences are based off that.
I'm pretty sure not; posters here are always claiming native Warband had features it never did.

I'm pretty sure not; posters here are always claiming native Warband had features it never did.
I believe this happens because mods like Diplomacy and Freelancer have been around for so long and have become incredibly ubiquitous in the Warband modding community by virtue of being integrated into hundreds of other larger mods.

I believe this happens because mods like Diplomacy and Freelancer have been around for so long and have become incredibly ubiquitous in the Warband modding community by virtue of being integrated into hundreds of other larger mods.
That would be one thing, but people have claimed way more ambitious features than that. Stuff like native Warband had a population-prosperity limiting recruiting mechanic, when it blatantly did not. Or the recurring brain-bug that Warband's encyclopedia required you meet people before it gave you information about them (it never did).

I think this mechanic was somehow screwed up in one of the later versions. I clearly remember lords going to exile out of Calradia after trying out each faction once in earlier versions.
Before buying Bannerlord, I ran two separate campaigns on warband though on the latest version and noone ever went exile anymore. They kept switching from one kingdom to another contiously and all kingdoms were left with one or two lords max that hold a fief because each time the king kicks them out, all lords apparently take a relationship penalty with the king.
Yeah, it's probably a versions thing. I have both played Warband on early versions (memory's fuzzy as to how common exile was) and also the most recent version, and in the most recent version they do still go into exile, just not very often at all. Mainly if they have incredibly low relation with all remaining factions.

Isn't Bannerlord a better version of Warband? I don't see any logical point to make Warband Remastered.
Aaaah we walked right under the bridge into this one. Nice one, clean and effective, under the mod radar. :party::poop:

I love to buy remasters, Sky rim remastered, dark souls remastered, sign me up for a game really deserves it like warband!
But not you square enix, no "re-do but make it 3 full priced parts, or remasters with crappy 3d models, you guys are dead to me! Youhave to make some FFT remaster if you want to win me back!

Alternative Suggestion: Make Bannerlord but with Warband's combat mechanics and game design.
Id rather see Bannerlord The PC Master race edition
Either of these would be wonderful too. Maybe they re-learn their stuff by making warband re-mastered and fix bannerlord.

At best the communtiy ought to make an open source engine replacer for Warband like Daggerfall got in the form of Daggerfall Unity or Morrowind has Open MW otherwise its doubtful that Taleworlds is going to do this. Those projects have made a lot of progress since they have started. Daggerfall is now fully playable in Daggerfall Unity.

The modding system for Warband is not the easiest thing in the world because of the close source nature of mods and the modsys system. Making a modding system like Bannerlord in Warband is more ideal.

Any good remaster should not detach from what largely made the game a success. I think it could be done, but shouldn't be tried until much later in Tale World's life.

But not you square enix, no "re-do but make it 3 full priced parts, or remasters with crappy 3d models, you guys are dead to me! Youhave to make some FFT remaster if you want to win me back!

I couldn't agree with you more. Talk to me SE when you got that FFT remaster going, or maybe that FFVI remaster. Until then, take your 3 part $70 games on a $700 console and go. lol

You are trying to make as if Bannerlord has plenty of new and exciting features. It doesn't. Just two in your list, to be exact.
Content in parentheses is the comparison with Warband.
- Siege equipment like battering rams, catapults, arbalests, siege towers and two sets of three ladders, most of which can be destroyed (only one ladder or invincible siege tower)
- Combining parties into one giant party to form an army (you herd lords and have them run away at a seemingly bigger party)
- Perks that also give bonus to your party/army or governed settlement (only raw stat bonus from skills and proficiencies)
- Weight-based inventory that lets you carry more items (fixed amount of slot that can only be improved with Inventory skill)
- Sending companions and some troops to do quests for you (non-existent)
- Making and disbanding parties led by companions or family members (once you name a companion a noble, they're no longer yours)
- Making your own caravan parties that move on their own (non-existent)
- Proposing to change kingdom's policies without being the leader (non-existent)
- Ability to select prisoners to recruit (you click a menu and the prisoners that are willing to join are random)
- Free militias in settlements (only a village has it and they're only peasants)
- Various buildings with multiple levels for more benefits and the ability to speed them up via funding, and queueable (build one at a time and there are no levels)
- Multiple workshops in one settlement (only one per settlement)
- Guaranteed capture after defeating lords (capture is luck based)
- Executing lords for stealing your cows that one time (non-existent)
- Multiple notable NPCs in settlements, so more quests (one guild master/village chief only)
- Horse and saddle/armor are separate items (horse and their armor is one item, making it hard to get good horses)
- Loot from raiding comes while raiding, and can be cancelled and resumed (you're stuck while looting and doesn't get the loot until it's finished)

A good list, but a large part of it are very minor BL features. The main ones are: siege equipment (that doesn't work yet), perks (and a widely hated leveling system), NPC quests/resolutions, clan parties, caravan parties, law voting, more complex settlement building system, militia defense and smithing (a bit broken for now, but fixable).
Handmade battle maps? Both good and bad, until regional battle maps replace them (no trace of them more than two months since the announcement in Feb, just as we warned the enthusiasts who expected them all and immediately... lol Axios).

It's something, but it's only enough if all the other Warband features were implemented or improved (quite a few were half-assed). Many were downgraded or removed to keep Bannerlord accessible to little babies? youtubers? console peasants? That ruined Bannerlord for the veterans who knew better gameplay is very much possible.

- Executing lords for stealing your cows that one time (non-existent)
- Catapults, arbalests, battering rams. The ability to destroy siege equipment. More ladders.
These are new, "exciting" major features.
It's worth noting that Bannerlord troops move so slowly up their ladders, there may as well be just one ladder still.
- Sending companions and some troops to do quests for you (non-existent)
- Proposing to change kingdom's policies without being the leader (non-existent)
- Making your own caravan parties that move on their own (non-existent)
New, medium sized, good new features.
- Horse and saddle/armor are separate items (horse and their armor is one item, making it hard to get good horses)
- Multiple workshops in one settlement (only one per settlement)
- Guaranteed capture after defeating lords (capture is luck based)
- Perks that also give bonus to your party/army or governed settlement (only raw stat bonus from skills and proficiencies)
- increasing the level of buildings
- Weight-based inventory that lets you carry more items (fixed amount of slot that can only be improved with Inventory skill)
- Combining parties into one giant party to form an army (you herd lords and have them run away at a seemingly bigger party)
- Making and disbanding parties led by companions or family members (once you name a companion a noble, they're no longer yours)
- Ability to select prisoners to recruit (you click a menu and the prisoners that are willing to join are random)
- Multiple notable NPCs in settlements, so more quests (one guild master/village chief only)
- Free militias in settlements (only a village has it and they're only peasants)
- Loot from raiding comes while raiding, and can be cancelled and resumed (you're stuck while looting and doesn't get the loot until it's finished)
Madvader did say "new and exciting", ie: a major improvement. None of these are particularly major; and are just tweaks to existing mechanics from Warband.
Also worth noting that workshops are restricted to a max in BL.

siege equipment (that doesn't work yet)
As a matter of fact, the siege equipment do work. What you always hear about siege is about the janky pathfinding AI, not fault in the equipment. As for perks, I believe people hate how grinding leveling gets on higher levels, not the perks themselves, which is a fair assessment. Perks give you more unique bonuses, like a chance to knock people off horses and a chance for horses in your inventory to breed, which is more than what we get from skills and proficiencies in Warband (just numbers).

What I'm trying to point out with the list is that Bannerlord actually has a lot of new features, and nice ones at that. The issue people have is that many of those features are still very basic, despite having so much potential. Take the clan parties for example. Right now you can only make them. While they're roaming free, you can't tell them to not raid villages or attack caravans yet.

Madvader did say "new and exciting", ie: a major improvement. None of these are particularly major; and are just tweaks to existing mechanics from Warband.
Also worth noting that workshops are restricted to a max in BL.
Sure, but in my view they're still really nice improvements that add to the enjoyment of the game. I don't think they should be ignored just because Warband had an inferior version of it. Also I forgot about that hard cap of workshops, you're right about that.

Back
Top Bottom