Warband Refined & Enhanced Compiler Kit (v1.0.0 @ Mar 01, 2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

erennuman_mb said:
How do we do this? I'd really like to just copy the integrated ms but the module system version is 1.171 now.

follow instructions from the OP, you need to use the WRECK syntax like itm.XXX (instead of Native "itm_XXX"), etc. The integrated ms from the download can serve as a live example as well.

So you might want to replace all those references with W.R.E.C.K.-style dynamic references instead.

kalarhan said:
erennuman_mb said:
How do we do this? I'd really like to just copy the integrated ms but the module system version is 1.171 now.

follow instructions from the OP, you need to use the WRECK syntax like itm.XXX (instead of Native "itm_XXX"), etc. The integrated ms from the download can serve as a live example as well.

So you might want to replace all those references with W.R.E.C.K.-style dynamic references instead.
So I have to find literally every reference with those? Doesn't sound worth it. Can we skip that step somehow?

erennuman_mb said:
So I have to find literally every reference with those? Doesn't sound worth it. Can we skip that step somehow?

just use a automatic process. It is not like you need to replace them manually, right? There may be even a post somewhere with a batch for it, and I recall someone posted a tool like WRECKER or something.

I remember the first time I used WRECK it took me about 10 minutes to write the regex and fix all module_XXX.py files.

edit: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,361385.0.html (no idea if it works or not, just a link)

Cheers

I have never worked with this before and use the Diplomacy MS with the W.R.E.C.K included. But I get this error:

http://prntscr.com/k1a9ic

It does not matter if I use the compile.bat or the build_module_lav.bat

Thanks in advance guys :smile:

Hi,

I've gotten into a pickle of a sort. Basically, I created a bunch of new items in Morgh's, but when I try to compile, it always gives me the following error:
Checking module syntax... FAILED.
MODULE 'items' ERROR:
failed to parse element #627
    failed to parse element #1
      illegal string parameter 'r': no matching variable or identifier
Item #1 doesn't have any changes, whereas the only way to get rid of the error is to delete item #627, but then it gives me the same error but with item #626. If I go directly to module_items.py, there's nothing on line #627, or at least nothing related to 'r', nor is there anything 'r' in item #627 in Morgh's.
Please, help!

Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. Had to completely remove one of the items. A bit of a shame, but that's life.

I'm using WRECK with VC, and I keep getting this message:

XYGpBU6.png

I've tried commenting out 'ship_rowing_sounds', but then it just reports another error further down in the same module. I also can't find where 'ship_rowing_sounds' is defined. I'm very new at modding, so it could be a very simple problem I just don't know anything about yet.

I've searched this thread and the forum, but I still can't find out what's going on.

PiEtiarna said:
I'm using WRECK with VC

you need to adapt the tool or your modsys, as VC doesnt follow the exact Native template (which this tool is based on). On your error above, as a example, you need to fix your imports, as there are two extra files for scripts and mission templates.

kalarhan said:
PiEtiarna said:
I'm using WRECK with VC

you need to adapt the tool or your modsys, as VC doesnt follow the exact Native template (which this tool is based on). On your error above, as a example, you need to fix your imports, as there are two extra files for scripts and mission templates.

Okay, I had a feeling it was something along those lines. How exactly do I fix these particular imports? I used the WRECKER tool to integrate everything, if that helps.

EDIT: And of course, thank you for your help!

PiEtiarna said:
How exactly do I fix these particular imports?

short answer for someone that doesnt know Python: merge the extra files with the original one. So multi_scripts.py to module_scripts.py, and so on. That way you dont need to mess with imports.

kalarhan said:
PiEtiarna said:
How exactly do I fix these particular imports?

short answer for someone that doesnt know Python: merge the extra files with the original one. So multi_scripts.py to module_scripts.py, and so on. That way you dont need to mess with imports.

I fixed that problem, but now I've run into another one:

lROvTqB.png

From what I can tell, the problem is in the map_icons module, but I'm having trouble finding out where exactly it is.

kalarhan said:
PiEtiarna said:
From what I can tell, the problem is in the map_icons module, but I'm having trouble finding out where exactly it is.

move extra functions to the header_XXX files

Which ones are extra?

EDIT:I've been searching through the forums and the code for the past hour or so, trying to find out which ones you meant, I'm just not sure.

First attempt to compile, after having copied the files into my modsys and inserted the import directive into each module_*, it's giving me the following error:

python: can't open file 'compile.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Except...it is there. Right there beneath the compile.bat, so why can't it find it???

And yes, I'm a complete newbie. As you can tell, no doubt. But any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is the same error I've been getting with the vanilla compiler (which was showing it a few dozen times, for all the process_* files).

PLEASE HELP - I've spent all week trying to figure out how to get my modsys to compile even once! Thank you!

The Textbook Philosopher said:
python: can't open file 'compile.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Except...it is there. Right there beneath the compile.bat, so why can't it find it???

reinstall Python 2.x (not 3.x), remember to enable the option to configure your system variable as well. If in doubt you can google for it or check a Youtube guide. Remember to also set your system permission to modify files.

kalarhan said:
reinstall Python 2.x (not 3.x), remember to enable the option to configure your system variable as well. If in doubt you can google for it or check a Youtube guide. Remember to also set your system permission to modify files.

I've reinstalled Python 2.7.15, same as I had before per Lumos' orders in the ultimate intro, enabled all the options during its install, and am the owner/admin of all files, so I have full access. But I still get the same error.

I should admit - I'm trying to learn, but am pretty much blindly following instructions as I find them. All help is greatly appreciated.

PiEtiarna said:
kalarhan said:
PiEtiarna said:

Which ones are extra?

Are you talking about Viking Conquest functions to the WRECK version of header_operations? I've merged the VC operations file with the WRECK version, but I just get the same error.

PiEtiarna said:
PiEtiarna said:
kalarhan said:
PiEtiarna said:

Which ones are extra?

Are you talking about Viking Conquest functions to the WRECK version of header_operations? I've merged the VC operations file with the WRECK version, but I just get the same error.

So I did...something, I think, to make this problem go away.

The error message I've been getting since I hit another road block three days ago was this:

ZAoD0cY.jpg

Back
Top Bottom