Warband post-release beta test (new version on June 9)

Users who are viewing this thread

ejnomad07 said:
mexxico said:
After reading Sarejo's and Shikamaru's bug reports at bugtracker about this issue, we fixed that mistake. Now Sarranids have "Sarranid Horseman" instead of "Sarranid Mamluke" in one of their initial party templates.

Is this adjustment in 1.222? Because....

mexxico said:
Edit : One more addition in v1.122, AI troops are now getting more exp and upgrading faster.  Please watch one center's troops note them on paper and go back one month later and compare in both versions if you want to see difference.

I did one better. I created a new troop labled "Dark Knight" and made every factions top teir troop upgradable into that and watched this upgradable flow chart over time. Sarranids Dark Knight ratio to any other faction was damn scary which implies an imbalance in top tier numbers.

That's because as of 1.122, it isn't fixed at all.  The fact that they've acknowledged it here, however, makes me think 1.123 or whatever will have it fixed.  Still, I hope they notice this.  You can verify it yourself by opening up the native pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_c party template in Morgh's mod-tools, or even the party templates notepad in your native folder if you don't mind sifting through the code to find what you're looking for.

tl;dr:  The reinforcements are still 3-6 mamelukes instead of 3-6 horsemen.  (1.122)

When it gets fixed, it kind of shows how bad the Sarranid faction is though since their infantry units don't get any points in powerstrike until guards.  Guards also have lighter armor than other faction troops of the same level.  Don't get me started on a level 24 master archer with clearly terrible stats compared to the Nord level 19 veteran archer with comparable proficiencies, and obcenely higher points in power draw (5 vs. 3), power strike (3 vs. 0), athletics (7 vs. 3), and iron flesh (4 vs. 1).  It makes me wonder why Sarranids even have archers, as their armies would be clearly better if instead of training archers at all, they just trained more infantry... or cavalry.

What would be great, in my mind, is turning sarranid archers and master archers into 'trained skirmishers' and 'master skirmishers' that use light armor, jarids, shields, and light slashing weapons like scimitars.  High athletics would give sarranids the character of a 'blitzer' faction that uses a heavy mameluke charge to cover their faster low armor / low range units which finish the job once the enemy is busy with the mamelukes.  It would play different than other factions, that's for sure.

Stinky, not that I disagree but I think the Vaegir archers suck just as bad.

Anyone know how to tweak the join radius on the bandits? I've said my piece about it so nothing else to discuss and for the purposes of beta I don't think my feedback is going to change any so it is time for me to change it for myself (not to mention if I change it to the settings Mex was thinking he might then that would give a jump on reporting how it feels with those settings). I don't think I want to do away with it altogether; just reduce it to something more reasonable. However the tweak thread doesn't give enough info about it for me to do this.

Also I reverted back to the 1.122 executeable from the patch and it seems to be more stable than the one with assertions enabled.

Are you guys saying this version will have a cap on character rotation speed irregardless of how quickly you move the mouse?! :grin:  I have a 3500 DPI DeathAdder with a rather large mousepad...  Fortunately I'm not lame enough to actually use it for instant-spins in multiplayer as I prefer the 1800 DPI mode for accuracy with ranged weapons.

SOMEONE get on a beta server and help hobo test that, it'll only take a few minutes.

Please wait next version for Sarranid party template fix.

We want to finish beta and release next version after fixing CTDs happen since 1.113. Thats why we could not release it at Friday.

Also I need savegames where CTDs happened. Please upload your savegames if a crash happened during it.

mexxico said:
Please wait next version for Sarranid party template fix.

We want to finish beta and release next version after fixing CTDs happen since 1.113. Thats why we could not release it at Friday.

Also I need savegames where CTDs happened. Please upload your savegames if a crash happened during it.

Stupid question. Upload to where? I can't find anywhere to attach file to post.

Stabbing Hobo said:
http://bugs.taleworlds.com/

Thanks

Taking forever though, will see if it goes through. I didn't find a bug report for exactly the same prison break issue that Brador and I have experienced so I made one and am uploading savegame there. As I noted I was having CTD with this game but only with the assertions enabled exe, CTD has not happened again since reverting back.

Once again though I have not joined a faction yet and the largest battles I have fought so far this game are against bandit hordes. Have not had crash in battle although I have had the video start freezing up. Seems to be after long period of playing. Perhaps memory leak still persists?

Oh, and while I really have not the slightest interest in MP, if you still can't find anyone to help you Hobo, if you tell me what to do I can take a few minutes to help with the spin thing. I've got a Logitech MX518, I think it goes up to like 2800 DPI.

1.122 NPC and Player feasts are partially fixed/working.

Player feasts last forever if player is both King and Marshal or Player is King and there is no Marshal.

http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=2313

http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=2225

Back
Top Bottom