Warband post-release beta test (new version on June 9)

Users who are viewing this thread

ejnomad07 said:
mexxico said:
ejnomad07 said:
Why don't you have Accopany for AI lords too? It only makes sense we would want to follow them sometimes.

It can be added to AI lords too if it is suggested, we thought it can be useless.

Please do. It's a very nice feature. I can follow a marshall with proper time passage without having to dance around him to get him moving or holding the spacebar and catching up.

ejnomad07, I understood it wrong. I thought you want to accompany enemy AI lords too. I thought that we already added accompanying friend lords but it was not appearing because of a small bug. Fixed now. You will not be able to accompany enemy or neutral lords because it has no sense. But you will be able to accompany friend lords.

Edit : Or you can accompany all lords maybe. No big deal.

Edit : One more addition in v1.122, AI troops are now getting more exp and upgrading faster. In 1.113 AI troops were nearly no upgrading. Please watch one center's troops note them on paper and go back one month later and compare in both versions if you want to see difference. Now they upgrade faster, so you will face better troops. So you will have more casualties. This can be slow down if you select "poor" as campaign ai.

Post patch notes, there is no way to test game effective.

if map changed, post this map name (to test this map)

if weapon changed, post its name (and ID) to check this weapon.

In the night I experienced my wedding in game. This new video cut scene is very, very nice. I really like it. It is something which I missed in game. Maybe some more videos could be added in the future in time for some important events.  :wink:

for the random crashes; could you please to check "force single threading" option from the configure menu? thanks..

I have Samara castle and village next it now. Why I didin't get any rent from it? At what is it dependent?  :???:

My curent financial budget.

mbwarbandnative01m.jpg

I switched on this  "force single threading" for now and I will see. What causes it? What's difference between on and off it.  :wink:

Could you please try using the executable on this link?

http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_1122_with_assertions.zip

After downloading the zip file, you should extract it to the game folder (C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\) and overwrite mb_warband.exe with the new one.

This will hopefully help us find the reason for crashes. After testing it, please post your comments here or bugs.taleworlds.com

mexxico said:
Edit : One more addition in v1.122, AI troops are now getting more exp and upgrading faster. In 1.113 AI troops were nearly no upgrading. Please watch one center's troops note them on paper and go back one month later and compare in both versions if you want to see difference. Now they upgrade faster, so you will face better troops. So you will have more casualties. This can be slow down if you select "poor" as campaign ai.

This is really great news. I always found that AI lords had really too few top tier units, now the game will hopefully pose the right challenge.

Just one curiosity though. Did you apply this to sarranids as well? Sarranid lord always had a lot more top tier units than the rest (Mamlukes, guards and master archers). I would say their progression in 1.113 was pretty much spot on, so I would avoid applying the new change to them. This way performance between sarranids and other realms will be duly balanced.

Abriael said:
Just one curiosity though. Did you apply this to sarranids as well? Sarranid lord always had a lot more top tier units than the rest (Mamlukes, guards and master archers). I would say their progression in 1.113 was pretty much spot on, so I would avoid applying the new change to them. This way performance between sarranids and other realms will be duly balanced.

After reading Sarejo's and Shikamaru's bug reports at bugtracker about this issue, we fixed that mistake. Now Sarranids have "Sarranid Horseman" instead of "Sarranid Mamluke" in one of their initial party templates.

So all factions have same exp gaining formula and equal powered initial party templates.

With this new exe file my game crashed now twice in quick succession always after a fight with a Rhodock lord when I tried to put captured soldiers into my inventory.  :???:

mexxico said:
After reading Sarejo's and Shikamaru's bug reports at bugtracker about this issue, we fixed that mistake. Now Sarranids have "Sarranid Horseman" instead of "Sarranid Mamluke" in one of their initial party templates.

So all factions have same exp gaining formula and equal powered initial party templates.

Awesome thanks a lot :grin: Now the game should be more challenging and fun across the board :grin:

Any chance you'd be able to give a look at the overly conservative approach of AI archers towards friendly fire? They normally refuse to shoot if there's any friendly model in front of them, even if they are in an elevated position, unless the elevation difference is really really high. I've tried positioning myself in the archers ranks, and they don't shoot even if their line of sight to the target is entirely clear.

Mounted archers have a further problem: when placed behind friendly troops the fact that they are mounted isn't counted. The AI will consider them on foot, so even if they are obviously more elevated than the infantry in front of them (since they are on horseback) they will not fire.

Finally there was a nasty bug with archers in certain sieges (mostly sieges that involve a siege tower to my experience): When you order them to hold position away from the wall in order to target the enemy on the walls. They will do so, but they will line up at an extreme angle towards the wall instead of paralel to the walls. IE: one end of their line will be really far from the wall, while the other end of the line will go very near to the wall, almost in contact wit it.
The result is disastrous as the archers on the end of the line near the wall won't be able to shoot the enemy on the wall at all, but will instead be literally destroyed by the enemy on the wall, since they have absolutely no protyection from straight above them. i'm not sure what causes this, but the problem is probably in the routine that chose what archers are facing towards during the siege. That'd need to be fixed so that the archers face straight towards the wall and line up paralel to it :grin:

Thanks a lot :grin:

I had to revert to my old exe file because with this new exe file my game constantly crashes while I manipulate with my party menu - twice in the course of transfer captured soldiers to my party menu after fights and twice in the course of transfer my garrison troops between garrison and my party menu.  :???:

we have reuploaded the zip file after fixing the bug that caused problems while transferring captured soldiers. if you could re-download it and play using that exe, that would be great

OK.  Daegoth, please, I had several questions here. Could you answer them somehow when you will have some spare time?  :wink:

Some more feedback on the bandits grouping.
I definitly don't like it. Last night I had to take on 76 steppe bandits.
Currently lvl 19, good-sized companion group with a few levels behind them, 9 men-at-arms, pair of sword sisters.
While the enemy lords ganging up is a tougher battle there are a few differences.

1. They are only going to attack you if you are at war with them. So it is easy enough to control. If I am running around in enemy territory and I get ganked, well that is my own fault for either not bringing enough troops, not having allies with me, or just being careless.

2. One would expect a higher level of coordination between fuedal lords who together make up an army than one would expect out of random groups of bandits.

3. One of the great things about this game is that it accomodates multiple playstyles. So while a large mob of bandits is fun and easy for mr power gamer who runs around with a full rack of top tier troops it isn't for everyone else. I don't consider myself great in combat but I think I am decent. With the above described band I have no problems taking on a large band of bandits and I get many personal kills myself, but I don't want every bandit battle to be epic.

I think it needs to be scaled down to a minimal range or the maximum size of bandit groups needs to be made much smaller. I would also have no problem with them all joining in if they had to come in as reinforcements but I don't know if that is something the game engine can accomodate.

Also, and I think this is a longstanding bug but this makes it even more noticeable. When doing the troublesome banditsquest it is a fail if combat is not initiated directly between your party and theirs. I have gone to rescue village farmers from them who were being slaughtered and of course I got a fail. Last nights battle I was chasing them but of course another party engaged me and the quest group joined in. Even winning the battle I still failed the quest.

On an unrelated note, just been observing the Khergits. As many have noted they are pretty gimpy and I don't disagree. It is funny though how they still are very successful in war. Every game I have played they tend to take terriory more often than not (left to their own without them coming up against me of course). I would speculate it is because of their higher mobility and so they can more easily concentrate forces at the point of decision and avoid battles they don't have superiority in by virtue of being fast enough to outrun pursuers. So maybe the Khergits aren't so bad off after all, and if their troops were made tougher then they would be too powerful.

I like the bandits as they are now instead. Bandits are only bandits. When you will be at higher level you will be able to kill any grouping bands. I don't care if there is 50 or 100 of them here because I can kill them always all at my about 20 level and with my 80-100 soldiers.  :wink:

Rad said:
I like the bandits as they are now instead. Bandits are only bandits. When you will be at higher level you will be able to kill any grouping bands. I don't care if there is 50 or 100 of them here because I can kill them always all at my about 20 level and with my 80-100 soldiers.  :wink:

That is exactly my point, try doing it without 80-100 soldiers. Not to mention how many of those bandits run away from you when you have that many men?

It is less about your level and more about how many soldiers you have with you. The only reason level plays into it is because at level 1 you aren't going to have the reknown or the leadership or the money for that matter to field a large army.

For example, I am level 19, I have 15 cha, 5 leadership, 360ish reknown and probably about 20k in cash. I COULD have a large army with me but I choose not to at this point since I am not anyones vassal and I am running around trading, doing missions to build relationships, and fighting bandits to build up myself and my men (in fact those men at arms are all eligible to level into knights but the payroll would go up too much).

The way I see it the bandits are a sideshow not the main event. When I am running around with a full field army I am not out to fight bandits anyway; I am probably on my way to join up with the marshalled army and go fight the other sides marshalled army or lay siege to one of their towns. Who the hell runs around with a full army all the time anyway? This is why so many people complain that the economy is broken because they think they should have 100 leet troops with them all the time.

Trust me Mr I am better than you because I have more forum posts (yes I read your response on the bugtracker) I don't need any playing advice from you. I am talking about accomodating different playstyles.

Also the pathfinding still sucks. Sorry I can't be bothered to be more specific. I get around it by making short trips.

Back
Top Bottom