Warband post-release beta test (new version on June 9)

Users who are viewing this thread

ejnomad07 said:
Why don't you have Accopany for AI lords too? It only makes sense we would want to follow them sometimes.

It can be added to AI lords too if it is suggested, we thought it can be useless.

ramonb said:
Is there a changelog for 1.121?

It will be announced after beta. Probably today or tomorrow.

Rad said:
It is nice and good having you here amongst us, Mexxico and other devs too. Thank you all for your coming here. I would like to ask something. Is it sufficient to write and describe bugs which we are finding and some our suggestions only here or is it necessary to put them into Bug Tracker too in order you would resolve them ?  :smile:

Bugtracker will be better, of course. Then we can assign bugs to related person. It become more coordinated.

I'll make a report in the bug tracker as well but so far...

~ The weekly budget report is cut off again and not showing the entire listing if you have numerous holdings.
~ Troop morale drops way too much and too quickly than previous versions.

Not much of a bug report...  The game crashed about 30s after I started a new game, no reason in the log or the popup just your regular CTD.

This new version 1.122 seems to be less stable than previous ones because my game crashes more frequently now.  :???:

Rad said:
This new version 1.122 seems to be less stable than previous ones because my game crashes more frequently now.  :???:

Do these crashes happen in 1.121 too?

Vornne said:
Though I was under the impression that they would only gang up on you either until they outnumber your party, or the player is a certain level, from posts by mexxico (a dev) here. These seemed good solutions to keep the easymode players happy :razz:, and it would be strange if they were not implemented; maybe it just doesn't work correctly yet?

Yes it was implemented like that. They were ganging up until they outnumber your party. But then we changed it now last decision is like that :
They gang up if player level is greater than 6
They do not gang up if player is equal or less than level 6

But currently bandit groups use same "join radius" with lords, 3 in night and 5 in day time. You are right this can be annoying in some cases and should be lowered for bandit groups like 2 in night and 3 in day time. We will examine it.

Also world map pathfinding is a bit improved in 1.122. Can you test it? Is it better now?

will this replace save games on native?
i guess i will wait untill full version of this update

Jericho said:

morale always dropped very fast, also in current not updated WB.
i really hate the morale stuff, going down way to fast

Some crashes were too in 1.121 but less.  But I wouldn't want to do any hasty conclusions. Sometimes it can be caused by several bad chances that more crashes appear. I will be watching it  further.  :wink:

You know these military campaigns don't work well now as I wrote about it somewhere above. I really can't find marshal mostly now because he usually isn't in place which is announced by note. I always search in vicinity of this mentioned place too but he usually isn't neither there. So that joining to marshal army usually ends with red note "quest was canceled" and I am practically not able to take part in these military campaigns now. And when I played today a new military campaign was organized by marshal but a large group of my allied lords were in completely another place at the map plundering a village and not hurring to place of reunion at all. It is quite strange because in older version of the game everything worked properly, somehow unequivocally and I liked it. I think nobody liked in M&B how lords constantly abandoned military campaigns. And now it happens something similar and maybe worse. As though some lords would ignore these campaigns much more than in older versions. I wrote about it at bugTracker before some time but nothing happened with it so far. I think it would be sufficient if these campaigns would work as in first versions of Warband.  :???: 

bianconeri said:
will this replace save games on native?
i guess i will wait untill full version of this update

Jericho said:

Agreed, the morale is going down too fast

It would add to gameplay if bandit grouping took note of the distance from which they join, the further away the longer before they appear on the battle-field as reinforcements. This way it would be possible if you end the battle quickly to avoid the last arrivals when there are overwhelming numbers of groups present, the nearest starting together as it is now.

Mexxico, I removed my remark about path-finding because I thought about spotting instead. Did you meant increasing path-finding absolutely at map for all or increasing movement hero's company towards all others groups and troops? You know in absolute sense I don't know because after every installation I go into module.ini and set my movement from usual 0.25 to 0.7 because it is my favorite speed to be game was more action. What about relative increasing hero's company against all another moving groups at map concerns I don't know it because it takes time to find out it if it will be ever observable.  :wink:

And if we have you present here, could you please explain me something about skills? So far I don't know exactly how some things work here. For example is effect of hero's Trading completely equivalent Trading of my Jeremus for example? For example if hero has Trading 0 and Jeremus in company has Trading 3, so is it completely the same as if hero has Trading 3 and Jeremus Trading 0?  :wink:

And if hero has Trading (or another party skill) at 0 and Jeremus has Trading 3 is it profitable anyhow to increase hero's Trading at 1, 2 or 3 or it is better to let it at 0 and increase Jeremus Trading further to 4 or more while Trading of hero remain 0? I would like to know it exactly how these mechanisms in game work.  :wink:

bianconeri said:
Jericho said:

Well I am using a saved game since version 1.113 and I am playing with my high level character, so troop morale has never been an issue until this particular patch to 1.122 when my army went from excellent to below average overnight and a couple of days later I even had a couple of deserters which hasn’t happened to me since late beta testing in Mount and Blade.  :???:

Hm, I almost always have some deserters even in various mods although my morale is high especially when company is large about 100 men and more and I ***** about it. And the more soldiers the more deserters. Now I am playing v. 1.122 with saves from 1.121 and I didn't have any deserters in my company yet except some of these ****ing ungrateful companions which I equipped and which abandoned me without any cogent reasons. I have 86 soldiers in my company and I am at 17th level now and no deserters so far. But maybe later.  :razz: But I hate these desertions too if they occur.  :wink:

But my absence or reducing of desertions is probably caused by my regular plundering villages of my enemies and every plundering increases company morale by 4.  :wink: 

Jericho said:
bianconeri said:
Jericho said:

Well I am using a saved game since version 1.113 and I am playing with my high level character, so troop morale has never been an issue until this particular patch to 1.122 when my army went from excellent to below average overnight and a couple of days later I even had a couple of deserters which hasn’t happened to me since late beta testing in Mount and Blade.  :???:

Can you upload your savegame to somewhere.

mexxico said:
Can you upload your savegame to somewhere.

Sure but it will take me a couple of hours until I get off work. I'll PM you with a link to one of my saved games.  :wink:

Rad said:
Hm, I almost always have some deserters even in various mods although my morale is high especially when company is large about 100 men and more and I ***** about it. And the more soldiers the more deserters. Now I am playing v. 1.122 with saves from 1.121 and I didn't have any deserters in my company yet except some of these ****ing ungrateful companions which I equipped and which abandoned me without any cogent reasons. I have 86 soldiers in my company and I am at 17th level now and no deserters so far. But maybe later.  :razz: But I hate these desertions too if they occur.  :wink:

But my absence or reducing of desertions is probably caused by my regular plundering villages of my enemies and every plundering increases company morale by 4.  :wink:

Well I’ve always kept a close eye on my troop’s morale and make certain to garrison any troops that come from a faction which I’m currently at war with to limit the negative impact upon the overall average party morale.

The plummeting morale happened immediately upon the loading of my saved game when I launched the latest patch for the first time and continued to go down until a companion left and the other desertions happened but my party’s morale has improved after several battles since that time so I’m not sure if it was just a onetime occurrence or recurrent issue.

I think it was some bad luck as my game crashed several times and now stopped crashing at least for now.  :wink:

As I wrote this my game crashed again while traveling at map. Strange. I defended successfully  Dhimir with my 800 allied soldier against 1000 Khergits and game didn't crash and now I am riding at map and crash! I really don't understand it. It seems to me when player is at map game is rather in some partial rest by my opinion what about immediate demands for hardware concern, so why are crashes here at map?  :razz:

A question for the ones testing (unfortunately I lack the time). Do routed enemies join lords/parties against you?

When I applied a tweak that basically allowed bandits to join against the player (more or less the same effect described in this patch), it resulted in routed enemies joining lords against me, inflating their numbers dramatically after big battles. Does that happen in this patch too? because I found it extremely annoying (and not very realistic).

Also, farmers and caravans joined lord parties for battles as well. Not really advisable I'd say.

I got a problem now after testing 1.122.
I deinstalled Warband and redownloaded 1.113. After installing, starting the client
leads directly to a crash. No prestart menu, nothing.

crashwb1113.jpg

Updating to 1.122 will make it work again. I just can't downgrade anymore.

I tried alot of things, complete deinstalling it, deleting key reg entry and ini under documents.
Im using 32bit Vista. Any ideas? Has anyone downgraded successfully after testing this patch?
It worked fine for me with the 1.121 patch.

Yeah, I've got both 1.113 and 1.122 installed and 1.113 stopped working after the first launch of 1.122. I don't feel that this is a big issue since the actual release is soon.

Back
Top Bottom