WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kastrenzo said:
Could I get some assistance here with my CTDs?  It seems I was overshadowed by another persons request for help.  See my post at the top of the page.

I enjoyed the mod thusfar but I'm very close to deleting it,  I dont have the patience for a game that crashes after every battle or signifigant event.

Look at the post I made a page or two back about the.exact settings I am usi.g which have removed.any issues with pop so far. It would also be in your best interest to tell us what settings you are running POP on and any tweaking you may have done already.

Kastrenzo said:
Could I get some assistance here with my CTDs?  It seems I was overshadowed by another persons request for help.  See my post at the top of the page.

I enjoyed the mod thusfar but I'm very close to deleting it,  I dont have the patience for a game that crashes after every battle or signifigant event.

I recommend reading this:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147708.msg4057135.html#msg4057135

(And especially the 3GB switch is going to be useful on your 32 bit system).

I'll try all those settings first and it it continues to crash I'll get back to you with the settings.

Most of my settings were already on the reccomended levels of your link

Kastrenzo said:
I'll try all those settings first and it it continues to crash I'll get back to you with the settings.

Most of my settings were already on the reccomended levels of your link

Good, I think it will work out. Remember especially this too:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147708.msg4004677.html#msg4004677

Also try out Resource pack #2 (it helps more than resource pack #1):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,170566.0.html

I get basic runtime error after building siege tower and sieging Mobray Castle...other castles don't seem to crash

Hmm... Found major bug with renown and few other minor bugs. Just wondering - if I should post'em here or there's some kind of bugs reporting topic?

Nierra said:
Hmm... Found major bug with renown and few other minor bugs. Just wondering - if I should post'em here or there's some kind of bugs reporting topic?

Your welcome to post them here, but to be honest not sure how much support we'll give it as we're all fully focused on PoP 4.0 at the moment.. Never the less post them up anyway, as perhaps there could be an easy fix to em, or maybe it's a user error unique to your situation only, which does happen on occasion too, and you can be informed if that's the case by other members of the community.

regards,

MP

Well I found an odd bug with renown you get after helping villagers against bandits - for example - I won mayor battle against jatu army, and got 55 renown for the win - then I can go to any village with bandits and for winning the battle against these useless criminals I'll get 55 renown as well, and I'll get 55 renown for every bandit-saved village, until I'll win another battle which gonna give me another amount of renown.

Nierra said:
Well I found an odd bug with renown you get after helping villagers against bandits - for example - I won mayor battle against jatu army, and got 55 renown for the win - then I can go to any village with bandits and for winning the battle against these useless criminals I'll get 55 renown as well, and I'll get 55 renown for every bandit-saved village, until I'll win another battle which gonna give me another amount of renown.

Don't think that's a bug, as size of the army in those village-bandit battles don't matter.. You'll always get 55 renown for every village saved, I'm sure if he has time, TB could clarify if he's aware of it.

Nierra said:
Nope, you always get renown amount you got in last battle.

Sorry then maybe I'm misunderstanding, so your saying every battle you do, no matter what it is, (we're talking outside battle, etc..) always give you 55 renown now?

Nope, I'm saying that for saving village  you get amount of renown same you got in last battle. If you got 30 renown in last battle - you'll be always getting 30 renown for saving villages, if you got 0 - you'll get 0, and so on. I just say that if you win mayor battle for 55 renown you can get 55 renown for every saved village.

Nierra said:
Nope, I'm saying that for saving village  you get amount of renown same you got in last battle. If you got 30 renown in last battle - you'll be always getting 30 renown for saving villages, if you got 0 - you'll get 0, and so on. I just say that if you win mayor battle for 55 renown you can get 55 renown for every saved village.

I see, well thanks again for the info, like I mentioned if our guys have time to look into this we will, but can't really promise anything at the moment.

regards,

MP

New here, sorry if this has been asked before but for some reason it won't let me search within the topic, and I can't seem to find any other relevant information elsewhere.

Anyway, I've extracted v3.301 into my modules directory and selected it in the launcher dropdown menu. Every time I start the game it quits from the loading screen to the desktop and gives me "RGL ERROR Unable to open file: CommonRes\costumes_a.brf" I'm using Warband v1.134.

Any idea how to remedy this?

Thanks! Looking forward to playing this mod, sounds like fun!

svablicate said:
New here, sorry if this has been asked before but for some reason it won't let me search within the topic, and I can't seem to find any other relevant information elsewhere.

Anyway, I've extracted v3.301 into my modules directory and selected it in the launcher dropdown menu. Every time I start the game it quits from the loading screen to the desktop and gives me "RGL ERROR Unable to open file: CommonRes\costumes_a.brf" I'm using Warband v1.134.

Any idea how to remedy this?

Thanks! Looking forward to playing this mod, sounds like fun!

I think you installed the PoP 3.01 Mount and Blade version. That version of PoP is 3.01 and it comes in rar format. You need to download and install the Warband version. PoP 3.301 is the Warband version and it is an .exe file (installer) that installs PoP3.301 to the right folder.

Treebeard said:
I think you installed the PoP 3.01 Mount and Blade version. That version of PoP is 3.01 and it comes in rar format. You need to download and install the Warband version. PoP 3.301 is the Warband version and it is an .exe file (installer) that installs PoP3.301 to the right folder.

Oops, yeah I must have clicked the wrong link somewhere along the way. Working perfectly now, thanks!

I encounter a crash where the game with loops for about 6 frames and just hangs there looping. This happens in both battles and on the world map. Seems to be random. I ONLY get this with PoP, not native or any other mods. Any ideas?

Specs :

Pentium 4 3.0 processor
3 GB RAM
Radeon HD 5600 (1GB vidRAM)
Win XP
DX9

Timmaaaa said:
I encounter a crash where the game with loops for about 6 frames and just hangs there looping. This happens in both battles and on the world map. Seems to be random. I ONLY get this with PoP, not native or any other mods. Any ideas?

Specs :

Pentium 4 3.0 processor
3 GB RAM
Radeon HD 5600 (1GB vidRAM)
Win XP
DX9

You're using a radeon card, which usually give that exact same "stuttering hang up" problem. If you alt-tab and return to the program, does it usually fix this? If you haven't tried it go ahead and do that, it will confirm if you're having this issue.

Try all the fixes from this post:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147708.msg4057135.html#msg4057135

and tell me if you have smoother gameplay.

I came across weird bug , when i save my game and then quit warband next time when i opened it everything was reset( My character level ,companions character level and most of the troops and my character was wearing no clothes , no items in inventory ,0 renknown and his face changed to some alien kind) but i start using new save game ,it was working fine for like 3 hours but after saving it has same effects.... It have made me to give up playing POP. so kindly help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom