WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
after I updated the game .205 from .204 the game keeps working harder, it froze at a battle of 130 people or at the start of a discution with diev

this is a suggestion for the party/garrison screen:  when a troop/companion is selected, control+left click on "move up/move down" button moves the unit either all the way to the top or bottom or moves them by increments of five or ten spaces. 

it is stated multiple times in the strategy guide that certain units should be at the top or bottom of your party; but what if you have fifty different unit types in your party?  or what if you just have to have all 20 companions(like me :razz:)?  you end up spending most of your game time in your party menu, moving troops up or down.  i understand you guys aren't accepting suggestions for PoP 4, so i thought this would be a nice addition to the next edition of PoP 3.

I own Nal Tar and have done for a couple of months or so. My village Timirr has a sheriff and it is undamaged yet I have got no patrols at all in that time. Also before I was a King I was a lord for the Empire and I had Yazin for about 6-8 months and one of the first things I built was a sheriff yet I didn't see one militia spawn in that time.

I thought that sheriffs may have been changed in this version but I have seen other villages with them. Anyone have an idea why my undamaged sheriffs are not spawning militias?

You have to talk to the village elder... then it costs 1000 for each patrol you want to send out, considering how fast they die im not sure they are worth the price, pretty much costs the same as an entire week rents from a village.

tbj28 said:
You have to talk to the village elder... then it costs 1000 for each patrol you want to send out, considering how fast they die im not sure they are worth the price, pretty much costs the same as an entire week rents from a village.

Cheers tbj28, I will do that. How large are the militias roughly?

Where I am near Nal Tar there are loads of bandit spawns and the distract my lords all the time so I could do with some bandit sweeping.

Nameless Warrior said:
tbj28 said:

Cheers tbj28, I will do that. How large are the militias roughly?

Where I am near Nal Tar there are loads of bandit spawns and the distract my lords all the time so I could do with some bandit sweeping.

Hey guys please pay attention to where you're posting as this is the support thread and all.. Try to keep questions like this to the gameplay/question thread.. As to your actual question, the spawn of militias they will spawn is pretty small.. The key to get them large, is if you're lucky get a minor faction with a large baggage train of prisoners and fight em, but make sure you're patrol joins. Then after you win, leave the prisoners to your patrol and they will gather all the prisoners. Its a great way to buff up your patrol, but it takes time too naturally.

As to the suggestions, again this is the wrong thread for that, and we're trying to hold off on any suggestions for now.

regards,

MP

@HunterAlpha1:
That´s something to be posted at the TW section. If you ask nice enough, you may get an upgrade anyone at once button as well saving you a gazillion of left mouseclicks...

@Nameless Warrior:
Sheriff/Miltia spawns are capped out at 15 globally to keep the dreaded 550 days corrupted savegame bug at bay though I don´t know wether or not you have to talk to your village elder as well as just beeing lucky. If another milita patrol gets destroyed, you may be lucky getting one.

On a new game near the beginning, riding around I saw 2 Lords imprisoned at Ansen Lodge (Next to Javiksholm) however they are inside the cages/behind the bars and I am unable to talk with them to initiate the break out.

StrikeQ said:
On a new game near the beginning, riding around I saw 2 Lords imprisoned at Ansen Lodge (Next to Javiksholm) however they are inside the cages/behind the bars and I am unable to talk with them to initiate the break out.

Did make sure you talk to the Guard and ask for his "keys" then defeat him and enter the prison?

As the only way you can break Lords out of the prison they are in, is by talking to the Prison Guard, asking for his Keys, then fighting him and after he is defeated, take his keys, then enter inside the building.

If for some reason you still can't talk to the prisoners to free em after you have done that, then it most likely a hardcoded Warband bug that there may be nothing we can do about.

You have to position your self right at the bars slightly to your left and look down ish before you can talk to the lords in that spot even if you got keys somehow you gotta look at the right spot so the "talk" option shows up. You got the same problem as me in my games as that castle.

mp84 said:
StrikeQ said:

Did make sure you talk to the Guard and ask for his "keys" then defeat him and enter the prison?

As the only way you can break Lords out of the prison they are in, is by talking to the Prison Guard, asking for his Keys, then fighting him and after he is defeated, take his keys, then enter inside the building.

If for some reason you still can't talk to the prisoners to free em after you have done that, then it most likely a hardcoded Warband bug that there may be nothing we can do about.

Yes, I have the keys.

tbj28 said:
You have to position your self right at the bars slightly to your left and look down ish before you can talk to the lords in that spot even if you got keys somehow you gotta look at the right spot so the "talk" option shows up. You got the same problem as me in my games as that castle.

I tried various angles, I assumed there was some such. Guess I'll have to try harder.

@StrikeQ

Ahh totally forgot to mention that, some castles make the NPCs very difficult to select, but believe me they are selectable you just have to maneuver that mouse at just the right point to see the talk interaction pop up..

It's tricky by doable, and it's a known Warband issue, not PoP issue.

regards,

MP

When I entered the "streets" of that starting town in Empire, I've got an error popup about "surcoat_orn_17.dds" and the game crashed.

why cant i recruit noblemen.  i recruited 5 of them, but now i have 20 noblemen ready but cant recruit them??? (i have enough money and reknown)

noosers said:
Please check page 1 for applied solutions and do a quick search in this thread how people got rid of that problem.
Sorry, I just didn't check if others reported it, so I wanted developers to know :smile:. Also a search on "surcoat_orn_17.dds" didn't bring up anything, that's why I reported it.

P.S.

Excuse me, I was unable to find my error anywhere. Did you by chance mean this fix for 32 bit systems and is it what causes me to crash and NOT a missing .dds?

Just wanted to ask how are the ingame problems doing? I mean is there anyone taking a look at it? I've been reluctant to play pop again as I tried multiple times while following the posts on the first page. They indeed fixed my inbattle problems but suddenly i was experiencing random game crashes to the destkop.

Note: this is not at all ment to anoy anyone, i'm just not extremely tactical in english as it is not my native tongue. just wanted to ask if there is anyone still working on this version of pop.

manekemaan said:
Just wanted to ask how are the ingame problems doing? I mean is there anyone taking a look at it? I've been reluctant to play pop again as I tried multiple times while following the posts on the first page. They indeed fixed my inbattle problems but suddenly i was experiencing random game crashes to the destkop.

Note: this is not at all ment to anoy anyone, i'm just not extremely tactical in english as it is not my native tongue. just wanted to ask if there is anyone still working on this version of pop.
sorry had a look but does it happen  in a new game ?
have you patched to the latest version or warband and pop?
what operating system ?
do you have a error log ?
I had proplems to start with but after aplying the fixes on the first page
I am playing 150 battles 400 plus days with allmost full graphics on windows 7 32 bit sytem with 4 gig of ram

I can't play Prophecy of Pendor because when i must save the brother of the mercant the game crush, and it tell me that the file Modules\Prophesy of Pendor 3.204\\Textures\newcostumeb.dds can't be open. Some one can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom