WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sknit said:
MadVader said:
Looks like graphics artifacts due to your card/driver. Update the drivers, it's a PC/Warband problem, not a PoP problem.
Just updated drivers and still getting the same problem.

That's a pretttty old/bad card. Not enough VRAM to play Warband well, really. I'd recommend if you haven't already, switching to Dx7 or just shelling out the money for a modern card. The Nvidia GeForce GT 430 is a pretty good one for not a lot of money.

I got another bug, I am doing a Order Tournament quest but there is no tournament at Cez(where it's supposed to be at) >_>. by the way, it's not evening/night so that not the problem

I have a problem with unique spawns. I'm 800 days into the game and captured about 15 of them so far. However now i can't do that anymore as they just disappear after defeat, there's no escape message. All have 100% health. I've tried fighting them alone, with allies, normal battle, auto-calc, nothing works.

MadVader said:
If their faction is friendly to you, you can't capture them. This typically happens when attacking friendly Noldor lords.

All of them are hostile to me, Jatu for example is -100, but i couldn't capture neither of their spawns now, despite being able to do it earlier.

MadVader said:
Maybe they are not gem-carrying heroes, but mercenary parties for other kings. You can't capture merc leaders, only those listed under victory progress.

I know that merc leaders can't be captured. I had some success, managed to get Kjuda.  Syla (-28 rel.)  still disappears, 100% health and i see him getting knocked out, no escape message.  I guess i'll have to occasionally try again and hope for the best.

I have a few things that I guess might be bugs, but could equally be "features". Either way I wouldn't mind an explanation :smile:

1) If you have a load of lords in one place (a feast is the best example) and you start asking around for rumours, you generally only get one, maybe two successful responses before every other lord comes back with "I don't like to spread gossip". This seems to be completely independent of your relations with the lord.

Since I guess in theory time is stood still while you're in the castle, you can only get one rumour in any given instant, but I haven't really tested leaving, letting time pass and going back in. I'm pretty sure if you're on the map and skipping around, say, a mob of lords following a martial that they will all give a rumour each time you move to another.

2) I kited Maltise and her 950+ army into the Laria woods so Ithrilandir could help me give her a kicking. I participated in the first half-dozen battles to whittle down her numbers (the Noldor performed a lot better when they weren't auto-calcing) then used auto-calc once numbers were sufficiently superior. However it all went weird, as it got to the point where the Dread Legion had zero troops left and I still hadn't won the battle. I could continue to perform auto-calcs against zero opponents and I could enter a battlefield with no-one on the other side.

Eventually I called it a day and left the fight, which as expected gave me a morale hit. I did get a message saying Maltise had escaped but I can't imagine it worked out the capturing probability correctly - I actually suspect that once I left the battle continued and the remaining Noldor got credit for her defeat in my absence a second or so later. If true, I was never given the chance to capture her. I did feel a bit robbed!

3) I had a generic (non-hero) Mystmountain army annoying me around Poinsbruk so kited it over to Laria, again for Ithrilandir's help. The two armies completely ignore each other - neither runs away or engages and I've had them literally stood on top of each other. I thought Noldor and Mystmountains were hostile to each other - am I missing something?

1. There's a cooldown time for new rumors. It's game time, not real time, so if you are in a castle scene, game time doesn't pass, unlike when traveling the map or resting.
2. No idea, probably a minor bug.
3. Mysts and Noldor don't hate each other, you can't dump all your problems on the Noldor.:smile:

MadVader said:
1. There's a cooldown time for new rumors. It's game time, not real time, so if you are in a castle scene, game time doesn't pass, unlike when traveling the map or resting.
2. No idea, probably a minor bug.
3. Mysts and Noldor don't hate each other, you can't dump all your problems on the Noldor.:smile:

Cheers - all pretty much as expected though I'm a bit gutted about the Noldor relations. I'll take that to the quick questions thread, though, as I have follow-ups.

Ansen just said to me that I shouldn't have sent Boadice to help to get right to rule. The thing is: I didn't. I don't even have Boadice on my party

A known bug, these dialogs are messed.

Bug with "wedding" quest:
When the quest has been already taken, I can talk to the groom, suggest to marry again and the quest is "complete", although it's cancelled in fact. I talk once more and he's my groom again, talk once more and he's not... Are all empire grooms so light-minded?

Check the relations matrix in the factions.txt.

It´s a bit tricky to read, but bascially it contains all the information you want. Apart from that, this is the bug and support thread. No gameplay questions in here, please.

Aaaaaaaaaaand this is how it went down. I was there, charging at the enemies, and killed the last of them to win a battle. All were normal except for 1 little thing. This is the 3rd time the game crashed on me, in the same battle. And no, this is not graphically bugged by any mean. I have played so many hours of warband and PoP with decent fps and sometimes battle just randomly crashed at the end when you press tab. Sorry if I cant provide any other information, but if there is a error report somewhere that the Dev could use, I am more than happy to provide you with.

Today it is just frustrating because the battle itself was very hard to win. Doing it 3 times in a row all with good result and still wasn't able to make it just make me a little mad.

The Barclay Mercenary leader, Captain Gerhert I believe, sometime spawns without a horse. Since he always spawns with a lance, I'm assuming he's a cavalry troop, like the Barclay Conquistadors. Not sure if this happens to any of the other mercenary leaders.

The Barclay Merc leader is Velasco Perfecta Banderas Durante, and he got mounted checked.
The Barclay villain, Rufio Vincente de Villaviciosia has mounted checked.

Kapitan Gerhart is the leader of the Mettenheim mercenaries and he´s never ever riding a horse because Mettenheimers is all infantry.

So if one of the Barclay sods was playing infantry he lost his horse while you weren´t paying attention.

I recently received a quest from Caliph Bahman to rescue Lord Ikram from a Sarleon castle. I went in, found him in the dungeon, he appeared to have +10 relations with me, but every time we step out into the courtyard to break out, he attacks me! I can't get him out to complete the quest (and I need to because Caliph Bahman's daughter is hot, and I need the relations bonus to go a courtin')!

I am an Empire vassal, not at war or negative relation with D'Shar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom