Warband Native League Season 5 - Player and Team Rankings (POLL ADDED)

Should the list be re-done with an accurate 1 - 100 scale? Small difference will appear much larger

• Yes

Votes: 122 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 20.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Ulfhedin, it is competitive.. there are teams which compete against each other, those teams have trainings, they prepare for matches, most of the time people play one role.

A little comparison would be :

You go playing basketball with some friends for a few hours on a sunny day, just throwing a little bit and some small games.  ---> casual

You go meet up with a fix team several times a week and have a official match a week, you have different roles what to do in this team. ---> competitive

Nobody here is claiming to be a pro gamer, but the ones in the league take it like a sport more or less, and a lot of people do competitive sports without earning anything :smile:

Cleric_Johnson said:
blokes some ******* spends his time accusing people of making logical fallacies on a video game website. Ignore the ******.

Wellens lawyer
Gustav Adolphus quotes

scuse us whilst we play video games you filthy nob golbin.

You've had too much to drink, *pats back* I'll hold your hand.

Úlfheðinn said:
Scar said:
What exactly is dishonest about saying that 700 players are playing matches that have a certain meaning to them and their teams? The terms for me to discribe that is 'competition', maybe you have a different one in Sweden.

Maybe in Germany people can just make up statistics and still be considered honest?

Unless I'm misunderstanding you here and you really want to suggest that people playing casually on a server are engaged in competitive gaming. Which is defiantly something you can argue, but I'd say that's a needlessly broad if not silly way to talk about gaming (casual vs. competitive). But hey, if you want to use a specific definition of arguable application to the topic then be my guest.

For example, we could definitely claim that every game of soccer is competitive, but I'd say you've gone fishing if you want to suggest that we should be counting a game played between say some school children during recess as comparable to that at professional or even amateur level (playing in leagues/tournaments).

However, to forestall what I expect will be some post about how I suck, let's add "organized" to competitive in order to be clear.

Do you think that there are currently 700 players involved in "organized" competitive matches in Warband? Or really, realistically, how many players would you suggest active participate in a tournament in a given month?

Scar said:
What am I thinking trying to argue with some disconnected forum moderator (like the vast majority of moderators in this forum actually), that spends his time posting obviously very productive posts in the off topic section? So on this one I'll happily take your advice... son... and do something more productive.

So close, so close, just remember in the future that we moderators are too disconnected from our humanity to care if you go for personal attacks.

GG close, for the solid if disappointing effort.
Oh, why do people from the off topic section always have to be that boring? Well, let me quickly get three things out of the way, then I'll leave this discussion to the people with some more eager to come to a mutual conclusion.

In fact, I only want to raise two points, since two of the three work together. My number of how many players roughly play in the competitive community is anything but a fantasy. Whilst I find 12 players per team to low on average, the numbers Shemaforash presented seem to be quite accurate to me. So regarding your question whether you can make up statistics in Germany, I'd advise you to actually have a look yourself before you post next time, might save you some ground in your next dicsussion. Hand in hand with that goes that you appearently believe my claim that you are a disconnected part of the community was a personal attack, ... well it wasn't, it is a fact as your error on the numbers has just proven. Last but not least I never made the claim that Siege or Team Deathmatch players are a part of the competitive community in my eyes. These are the casual players you are talking about, but you are simply forgetting about all the players that meet up for scrims three times a week and then play their competitve match on sunday in a sponsored tournament with a prizepool of 1,000+ USD.

Now now, the Off-Topic section isn't all that bad.

It's just that they generally don't know anything about the multiplayer in Native, or their information is severely outdated.  :razz:

Das Knecht said:
Now now, the Off-Topic section isn't all that bad.

It's just that they generally don't know anything about the multiplayer in Native, or their information is severely outdated.  :razz:
Yeah right, my bad.

98 Hagrid - 96 Hopkiin
    Goliath - David

david-vs-goliath_o_1538221.jpg
goliath-little-girl-meme.png

Looking forward to our wnl match  :mrgreen:

Motthe said:
Is this dead? (Pls say yes)

If it was dead I'd have deleted it, I'm just struggling to find the motivation to remodel the list given that the number of people who are unable to read in the OP where I literally say that I want opinions to help me make the list better, because I know it isn't going to be accurate at the start, is just as big as the number of people that are actually posting helpful feedback. I said that all opinions are welcome, however the result of opinions that simply want me to discontinue the list is exactly that, the discontinuation or at least slowing down of how quickly I update the list. I've done some of it and I will get round to finishing the rest at some point as per the poll result.

Back
Top Bottom