Warband Module System Error

Users who are viewing this thread

Karsontr

Regular
I'm making mod for Warband. I started working on adding music to my mod. I also changed the music in the current game.

("arena_1", "arena_1.ogg", mtf_sit_arena, 0),

I changed the name of the file I put this code in the music folder. (the name of the file is action_1. that's why I changed the code to Action_1) I changed the other existing codes in the same way. Since I have added a new kingdom and a new culture to the game, I want to add special music to them. There are also music I want to add in the music folder.

("travel_swadian" "travel_swadian.ogg ", mtf_culture_1...)

when I write the following code under these codes

("travel_empire" "travel_empire.ogg ", mtf_culture_7...),

I have a mistake that there is no such culture. After doing some research, header_music.py i saw that they are up to mtf_culture_6 in the file. I copied one of them and added mtf_culture_7. But now I still get an error and I couldn't solve it.

exporting of tracks..

Tracking back (the most recent call last):

The file"process_music.py ", line 23, in <module> save_tracks()

The file"process_music.py , line 18, in save_tracks

File.write ("%s %d %d\n"% (part [1], part [2], (part [2]| part [3])))

IndexError: the tupple index is out of range

Last edited:
Check the order of compiled files of your ModSys because you must adhere to it, otherwise there will be errors. You will have to comment out some changes and reimplement them later for the sake of sticking to the correct compilation order.

Upvote 0
Check the order of compiled files of your ModSys because you must adhere to it, otherwise there will be errors. You will have to comment out some changes and reimplement them later for the sake of sticking to the correct compilation order.
I messed around last night and fixed the problem. I wrote the mtf codes wrong. I restored and re-edited the module music.py file and imported it into the game without any problems. I have one more question. For example, I added music belonging to the kingdom I just added. Can we make that music only play on the new kingdom's territory or when we approach a settlement belonging to that kingdom?

Upvote 0
Can we make that music only play on the new kingdom's territory or when we approach a settlement belonging to that kingdom?
Yes, it can be done without any problems. It has been a year since I last touched scripting, so I do not remember the exact names of scripts but there are some that do exactly what you need. Even better, they are from Native. Just look into module_scripts.py and find the ones you want to edit, then add references to your new kingdom and music.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom