warband module system changes

Users who are viewing this thread

HokieBT

Grandmaster Knight
I know a few of you guys have the warband ms, so I want to find out if some of my biggest complaints have been fixed.  In order of my priority....

1) can you have more than 16 races in module_skins.py ?
2) do triggers work on melee weapons ?
3) ability to modify core BRF files and files in the Data folder (font, skeletons, skyboxes, etc)
4) does multi-mesh work on armor and weapons ?
5) ability to modify the animations used for a specific race in module_skins.py and an item in module_items.py
6) I've heard there are more horses, so is there something like a module_skins.py for horses so I can now have speeder bikes and dewbacks in the same game?

There are also a lot of other general questions I have about how the multi-player aspect will work.  It seems we're going to need flags to allow items to always be dropped on the battlefield or never be dropped, maybe a try_for_items command, a remove_agent, ability to deliver blunt damage, support for more ground and skybox textures, an agent_set_wielded_item, etc...  Anyway, eventually I'll do a windiff on the header files to see what new commands were added, but those ones above are what I'm really interested in and depending on the answers may help me decide on how much effort I want to put into modding warband, etc.

I know about a couple of those.  I have seen a couple multimesh swords in the new brf files so multimesh weapons are in.

There is no horse skins file as of yet.  There is however a new function to scale a horse in size.  This will make bigger mount creature types easier to accomplish.(Can you say bear cavalry!).

The animations file looks the same as before.  So I don't think custom animations for separate races are possible yet.  Not completely sure about this one though.

I have yet to get a trigger to work on a melee weapon but I am not sure its my code or the trigger.  I have only played around with spawn scene prop so far with melee attack trigger.  It_on_missile_hit works well tho for scene prop spawning and everything else I tried.  Although it will not trigger on shield hits. I bug reported it. Works on anything else so far.

Thanks for the feedback and I was included on the latest MS version so did some testing on my own as well.  From what I can tell....

1) can you have more than 16 races in module_skins.py ?
NO

2) do triggers work on melee weapons ?
NO

3) ability to modify core BRF files and files in the Data folder (font, skeletons, skyboxes, etc)
NO

4) does multi-mesh work on armor and weapons ?
Weapons looks to be yes, not sure about armor

5) ability to modify the animations used for a specific race in module_skins.py and an item in module_items.py
NO

6) I've heard there are more horses, so is there something like a module_skins.py for horses so I can now have speeder bikes and dewbacks in the same game?
No, but can scale the size of the horses

I was also really disapointed by the toggle weapon mode flag, since it seems to be limited to certain weapon types and doesn't switch the mesh....
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,101073.msg2530287.html

So overall, while multiplayer and a few of the other commands like remove_agent are cool, I wish they had spent a little more time polishing the game engine and module system, and less time on things like marriage.  Its tough to get motified to work on a warband mod when I'm going to have to do some of the same type of poor workarounds in the code I had to do in 1.x....

Hokie

I feel your fustration man. I hoping that in 2012-13ish when their next game comes out they use a more modable  3rd party system. That being said I am thankful for what we got as well.  Although, its in their interest to make a very flexible system because unique and creative mods can add  years of value and sales to a game.  Warcarft 3  and DOTA,  Half Life with Counter strike, etc.  Even when you play warband its pretty noticeable how feature light the game is. It may be simple in a good way to some but maybe it had to be?

I was disappointed too. 
Especially in the physics department.  No way to change weights, resistance, from my quick tests, physics do not work on weapons/armor/etc.  Only scene props.  No way to make certain parts physics, etc, though it might be possible with multi-meshing.  i.e. swinging signs, only the chain would have to be dynamic. 

NO
This one's disappointing, imagine what could be accomplished!?! 

I suppose it's mostly possible with triggers, but it's a million times harder. 

I also support a module skins for horses!  That'd be nice!

thanks everyone, knowing the limitation is very helpful!

HokieBT said:
I wish they had spent a little more time polishing the game engine and module system, and less time on things like marriage.
:razz:
that marriage thing will became annoying once we need to remove them.

WilliamBerne said:
thanks everyone, knowing the limitation is very helpful!

that marriage thing will became annoying once we need to remove them.
Nah, we can just cancel out the dialog. 

I wish they would delay Warband... and add in more features like Ship combat etc. And make the ModuleSystem better.

The chances of getting our wanted MS demands are pretty slim now, with 10 days to release.

cdvader said:
I wish they would delay Warband... and add in more features like Ship combat etc. And make the ModuleSystem better.

The chances of getting our wanted MS demands are pretty slim now, with 10 days to release.

they do that and it's not Warband anymore.. it's M&B II :smile:

It will be great if they would add possibility to add new item modifiers.

faradon said:
Still, could somebody with the ms take a look at the camera functions? I really need to know that
I answered you on MBX minutes after you asked. Don't you check teh thread? :wink:
Oh, I edited the message, not posted the new one, prolly that's why you did not notice

GetAssista said:
faradon said:
Still, could somebody with the ms take a look at the camera functions? I really need to know that
I answered you on MBX minutes after you asked. Don't you check teh thread? :wink:
Oh, I edited the message, not posted the new one, prolly that's why you did not notice
Damn, I´m sorry! Yep, it´s hard to notice your stealth editing posts :smile:

Back
Top Bottom