Warband Mods (updated 10.06.11)

Which 2 mods that change both MP and SP are your favourite?

• 1755 Old Frontier

Votes: 99 44.4%
  • A Horse Farewell

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Auto-firing Weapons

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Battle Time!

Votes: 17 7.6%
  • Better Faction Troops 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blood and Roses

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Blood and Steel

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • Calradia in Darkness

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Combat Animation Enhancement

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Crusader Banners

• Custom Banners for Warband

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Custom Camera Patch

• Epic Man Sounds Pack

• Expanded Horizons

• Faction Arms Coloured

• Fixed Weapon Length

• Graphical Pack

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Heavy Hooves

• Imperium Graecorum

• Improved Buildings

• Kengeki Gaiden

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • More Metal Sound Mod

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • New Elegante

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • OSP Warband Item Variants

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Realistic Colors

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Reworked Armors

• SoundRound-ing

• Sounds of Suffering

• Sowing the Winds

• Sword of Damocles: Warlords

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • Texture Fiddling

• The Eagle and the Radiant Cross

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • Thel's Facepack

• Utrehd's Castle Pack

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Utrehd's Music Pack

• Warband Original Animations

• Warband Realistic Mod

• WWII: China Battlefield

Votes: 32 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

kanubaba said:
I wish they would make the game compatible with DirectX 11. I made the mistake of updating from directx 10.1 to 11, now warband nor the original game work for me.
Though this has no business in this thread and I'm not sure what brought you to post this here, both Warband and the original work fine with Dx11 on my machine. DirectX is backwards compatible with itself, after all.

GABRILDURO said:
Sorry,
I just wanted to say thank you to everybody that voted our mod 1755 Old Frontier and got it as most liked. :shock:
Thank you Taleworlds for such a wanderful game that allowed us to play and dream ....even old italians like me....and become modders as well.
Thank to Darwin, Joshiboy, Highelf and all people that take care of so many forums and topics and do it so well!!
Thx really to everybody, I am ....commosso (touched?) :oops: :oops: :oops:
Gabrilduro
PS thx cortes14 for your compliments :wink:
thx gab :smile:

Crossbow Joe said:
Darmoth said:
I... really want an alternative to Floris' mod pack. It's beautiful, jam packed with features an items that it kills me to go without, but remarkably frustrating due to the memory requirements, and frequent crashing. Seriously after reading through pages and pages, I'm too exasperated to trouble shoot it further.

I'd sorta prefer something more native-ish (fantasy) but as I've also been enjoying With Fire & Steel, I wouldn't mind giving a historical mod a try. Can anyone offer some suggestions?
1257 AD is a good one, though you may experience the same crashes you speak of with Floris Mod Pack. Brytenwalda is probably one of the best mods for warband. And I do not see many reports of crashing. If that does crash for you or you don't like it. I have heard that 1755 mod is good, but I have never gotten to try it out. There are several world war (both one and two) you could try.
But overall if you want a historical mod try Brytenwalda out.
If you wanted a low fantasy sort of mod then try The eagle and the radiant cross

Thank you for your suggestions! :smile:

I tried 1755... I love the setting. It just has a lot of head scratching issues with the items, for me. I don't understand why a headband with 3 feathers gives you 40+ head protection while a dragoon helmet offers maybe 16??? I'm also not sure what happens in the beginning, I thought I was starting as a European coming to America and suddenly I had... gone Native  :lol: also weird item weights... a Spanish cuirass that weighs like 320, flags that weigh 777. All those things kind of make it hard to get immersed into it. Starting out level 7 with the ridiculously high stats too was weird and made it feel like it wasn't going to offer much in the way of character progression. Maybe the next version in beta right now will be better/make more sense to me. But compared to the work that has already been done, I imagine item balancing will be much easier. I'll have to check back on it. :smile:

Darmoth said:
Crossbow Joe said:
Darmoth said:
I... really want an alternative to Floris' mod pack. It's beautiful, jam packed with features an items that it kills me to go without, but remarkably frustrating due to the memory requirements, and frequent crashing. Seriously after reading through pages and pages, I'm too exasperated to trouble shoot it further.
I'd sorta prefer something more native-ish (fantasy) but as I've also been enjoying With Fire & Steel, I wouldn't mind giving a historical mod a try. Can anyone offer some suggestions?
1257 AD is a good one, though you may experience the same crashes you speak of with Floris Mod Pack. Brytenwalda is probably one of the best mods for warband. And I do not see many reports of crashing. If that does crash for you or you don't like it. I have heard that 1755 mod is good, but I have never gotten to try it out. There are several world war (both one and two) you could try.
But overall if you want a historical mod try Brytenwalda out.
If you wanted a low fantasy sort of mod then try The eagle and the radiant cross
Thank you for your suggestions! :smile:
I tried 1755... I love the setting. It just has a lot of head scratching issues with the items, for me. I don't understand why a headband with 3 feathers gives you 40+ head protection while a dragoon helmet offers maybe 16??? I'm also not sure what happens in the beginning, I thought I was starting as a European coming to America and suddenly I had... gone Native  :lol: also weird item weights... a Spanish cuirass that weighs like 320, flags that weigh 777. All those things kind of make it hard to get immersed into it. Starting out level 7 with the ridiculously high stats too was weird and made it feel like it wasn't going to offer much in the way of character progression. Maybe the next version in beta right now will be better/make more sense to me. But compared to the work that has already been done, I imagine item balancing will be much easier. I'll have to check back on it. :smile:
Thx.
But pls check the topics in my mod, it is all explained why I had to set the things that might look "ridicolous" the way they are. (Flags heavy cuz Bearers should walk slow, Cuirassier armor made them way slower than indians. Indians are very atletic but also have high stats to rapresent their fighting melee outstanding ability and the FEAR they would pour in your heart when attacking you screaming, with scary warpaints on them....see?)
Every single thing we put there has a reason and only playing it enough time makes things understandable and shows what an effort we made to balance all things.
It is just not judgeble using M&B WB standards like most of mods cause all the balances in 1755 are different, due to the fact that I knew nothing about modding, and barely few of PC issues. But we made a real miracle with all ppl that helped me, "inventing" ways to work around things without using Module System and issues like that   (cause nobody helped me about that:wink:)
Version 2.9 is coming out, anyways, and still many things are changed.
Gab

arceuz said:
AGH!!! after 2 months 5 patches and 1 new mod i guess people lost motive when the game lost multiplayer
1 new mod in the caravanserai, there are many new mods floating around in the pioneers guild. And the game never lost multiplayer, play vikingr, mount and musket, cRPG and you will see it is still active. You just have to know where to look

not for me i still dont have multiplayer non of the solutions work i reinstalled the game bought a new CD and still dont work
when i use steam it works though but sadly enough steam banned my account for some reasons

bobmunger said:
Where's Prophecies of Pendor?

Its one of the best made mods and its not on the list?

Or if your talking about the poll its because that is only showing Multiplayer and Singleplayer mods, ones that have them both. Prophesy of Pendor was in the singleplayer poll

Related to this, I was wondering something. I'm very new to M&B, and have recently started playing blood&steel. I really really like this one, although there are some things that I don't like that much (the huge battles can be fun, but some can literally last an hour or so.).

I've been looking into other mods, to compare a bit. Thus far, the ones that drew my attention are:
-Prophecy of pendor
-1257 AD
- Brytenwalda

I've looked up information on all of them, and watched some video's, but because of the enourmous amount of information available it's somehow hard to get a summarized view over them.

So I'm wondering, what is your favourite, and why? Have you tried any of the others, and how would they compare to eachother in your opinion?

Sorry for the kind of extensive question! And cheers!

Waervyn said:
Related to this, I was wondering something. I'm very new to M&B, and have recently started playing blood&steel. I really really like this one, although there are some things that I don't like that much (the huge battles can be fun, but some can literally last an hour or so.).

I've been looking into other mods, to compare a bit. Thus far, the ones that drew my attention are:
-Prophecy of pendor
-1257 AD
- Brytenwalda

I've looked up information on all of them, and watched some video's, but because of the enourmous amount of information available it's somehow hard to get a summarized view over them.

So I'm wondering, what is your favourite, and why? Have you tried any of the others, and how would they compare to eachother in your opinion?

Sorry for the kind of extensive question! And cheers!
my favorite is all partial conversions and total conversions...why??? because you get an alternate story to follow after finishing your old one i like following new story lines and thats why :razz:

I have tried all the ones I mentioned now.
My opinions (in case you're interested):

Blood and Steel: Really good mod, a lot of love went into it. I have two problems that break it for me though: Huge armies...and huuuuuuuge armies. Even though big battles are cool, in the end it comes down to batches of 80 or so reinforcements. So when you're fighting a huge battle, I really like putting my troops into the right position and such. After the 2nd batch of reinforcements nothing is left of this and it's just a killing field. Basically I would like the battle to stop then. Really cool mod though, with cool weapons, remade sieges which are awesome. Definately try it out if you like huge battles. it also has some early gunpowder weapons which are quite interesting. Also, a lot of cool scenarios happen in normal battles, with rock formations, bridges etc, which is cool.

Prophesy of Pendor: Have given it a bit of a try, not enough yet though. i got a bit frustrated that a huge heretic army can come out of nowhere in the first minute and kill you, same with knights of the X. I'll definately give it another go though, as it looks very interesting.

Brytenwalda: Started it, and want to try it out more. I like the emphasis on infantry, giving a totally different experience. The thing that made me quit was the fact that there's a loooooooooot of villages all lumped together, all with very long and unfamiliar names. Also I had a really weird bug where a village had disappeared, and there were flying trees on the landscape...so I couldn't find the NPC I needed. But I just have to start it up again at some point and sit through it, as it all looks extremely promising.

1257AD: This I have been playing whole day. I love the remade scenery. Thick forests are cool. The cities are absolutely huge (and beautiful), the worldmap is huge...everything is huge! I started off as a merchant in Ireland. Got a mission to collect tax, stole the tax and migrated to the holy roman empire and I've been wreaking havoc with the people there while trading all over the world. It does have some problems though.
- A lot of companions don't have text yet it seems (or is that a bug only I am experiencing?), so I actually don't know how much money they're asking before I hire them, don't know what they do/backstory etc.
- The villages are huge, however, when you get the: 'you are being ambushed by bandits', somehow these bandits don't spawn close to eachother...one time it took me about 8/10 minutes to find the 2nd bandit...which is hardly an ambush I'd say..since I had to go and find THEM.
- I need to buy a new computer to make this run fluently.

So at the moment 1257AD is the winner for me, but I'll be sure to try the other ones. I'll also try the Sword of Damocles at some point, after I beat the frenchies in the ground with my holy roman empire!

Is Conflict of East mod released? :smile:
Wondering,cause i recently saw a server of it.If so,can you please post a link to download it,i've been struggleing for it for an 1hour! :sad:

There should be a new mod added to the list by jimmy_d_jr; it's called "Halo As". I think it's still work in progress but it looked pretty interesting to me. Maybe one of you guys can check it out and see if it's worth adding to the list.

Does anyone know the name of the mod,which you can see in the server list...i don't know the full name but it looks something like this:Knights_and...
It has many players.And if you can post a link i would be very appreciated. :smile:

Will anyone ever answer my question?I remember when i posted a question about a mod which i would like to download and which is released according to server list,and none answered,i posted it on 11th June! :mad:
Moderators,admins,please.

JankoMega said:
Will anyone ever answer my question?I remember when i posted a question about a mod which i would like to download and which is released according to server list,and none answered,i posted it on 11th June! :mad:
Moderators,admins,please.
That might have something to do with no one knowing the answer, people cannot answer a question they do not know the answer to without guessing or just being wrong.
I have also seen that server and if I were to a guess I would say it is either hidden somewhere in the pioneers guild (though I cannot find it) or in beta testing.

Back
Top Bottom