Warband melee is too easy and Bannerlord melee needs to be harder

Users who are viewing this thread

pera

[size=10pt]melee is too ez to get good at, once you are at a highish level you can compete with anyone, there are not enough ways to kill the other opponent so it's too simple. On other games you can have even the best players getting stomped by even better players but in warband you never seem to have that "always a bigger fish" scenario, top level duels always seem very close and never an absolute stomp. [/size]

Warband melee is one of the most complex Combat I've ever seen and can surely not be called easy unless all you do is play singleplayer.
In fact from the Bannerlord videos it was quite obvious that the melee there will be worse. No feinting, you can't buy own equipment means less ways too kill an enemy.

HKP said:
Warband melee is one of the most complex Combat I've ever seen and can surely not be called easy unless all you do is play singleplayer. 
I know it's complex but that doesnt mean it can't be improved upon.

HKP said:
In fact from the Bannerlord videos it was quite obvious that the melee there will be worse. No feinting, you can't buy own equipment means less ways too kill an enemy.
This is what worries me, it looks like instead of making it more complex they are dumbing it down, I hope they change their minds about this for the sake of the budding esports scene.

There's no need to really work on the combat system beside fixing hitboxes and random damage due to speedbonus. But TW is making the game easier so it's more fun for new players. They don't care about the MP players so there's no need to add a combat to bannerlord which requires alot of time and training.

HKP said:
They don't care about the MP players so there's no need to add a combat to bannerlord which requires alot of time and training.
Huh. Could've fooled me, what with their sponsorship of multiplayer tournaments and the launch of M&B eSports social media channels by TaleWorlds.

1. Yes if you stick to dumb AI and just s key while holding your shield up till its your time to swing then melee is indeed easy, try it without a shield and with chambers. 
2. Best solution : come play MP and you'll get stomped as you like it for sure.

Orion said:
HKP said:
They don't care about the MP players so there's no need to add a combat to bannerlord which requires alot of time and training.
Huh. Could've fooled me, what with their sponsorship of multiplayer tournaments and the launch of M&B eSports social media channels by TaleWorlds.
You mean the currently ongoing BCM hosted by bladecast (the community) which got TW on board for it?
Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the sponsoring aswell as the Bucharest tournament. Doesn't change the fact that they're heavily focused on the singleplayer area for bannerlord.

Orion said:
HKP said:

Nice to see but pretty late to the game no?

Taleworlds not make meele harder because they want attract new players, hitting multiple people and deflecting arrows will easier combat

Orion said:
HKP said:

lmao all they do is just retweet whatever Bladecast tweets. If they actually wanted to help they should do so from the main TaleWorlds account. The fact that they've only shared Bladecast streams doesn't do them any favours, and I suspect Calamity is the one doing the tweeting.

Bannerlord will be a Chivalry like game especially on the combat system (slow af, no fast feints). We will have to stay on Warband XD

Back
Top Bottom