Warband Matchmaking Client (WBMM) [v1.8 BETA]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HKP said:
Serj_ said:
HKP said:
While I agree it can be annoying if people refuse to join TS to improve the gameplay it clearly is not even close to public battle.
riiiiiiiight because it isnt 20v20?
No. Because the players mindset is different.
so then it's as i have mentioned before? smaller composition of players who are slightly better than the norm who use a client and have an incentive such as mmr? the mindset of the competitive players are on par with the pub players (wanting to win), oh well i guess we have to agree to disagree  :party:

Serj_ said:
HKP said:
Serj_ said:
HKP said:
While I agree it can be annoying if people refuse to join TS to improve the gameplay it clearly is not even close to public battle.
so then it's as i have mentioned before? smaller composition of players who are slightly better than the norm who use a client and have an incentive such as mmr? the mindset of the competitive players are on par with the pub players (wanting to win), oh well i guess we have to agree to disagree  :party:
ahahahahahahahahah have you ever played this game before?

HKP said:
Serj_ said:
HKP said:
Serj_ said:
HKP said:
ahahahahahahahahah have you ever played this game before?
do you believe otherwise? if so, you're stating that pub players don't care about winning and only competitive players do?

Yes I'm fairly certain that the mindset of a pub player and the one of a competetive player can't be considered the same.

For example I never really enjoyed playing on IG. Well, maybe 2 years ago it was alright but the last year it has been pure cancer. There's no teamplay. no space to improve, no communication. I did not really play Warband public before MM came out. Now it's fun again (yes, there can be retards in your team). I know alot of other competetive players feel the same, as you can see in the amount of people playing it. IG was barely populated, if there were people playing, mostly new players or pubs. Most people using the MM client are competetive players that either became more active or returned to the game. Do you think this is a coincidence?

I don't think you've touched competetive Warband before.

HKP said:
Yes I'm fairly certain that the mindset of a pub player and the one of a competetive player can't be considered the same.

For example I never really enjoyed playing on IG. Well, maybe 2 years ago it was alright but the last year it has been pure cancer. There's no teamplay. no space to improve, no communication. I did not really play Warband public before MM came out. Now it's fun again (yes, there can be retards in your team). I know alot of other competetive players feel the same, as you can see in the amount of people playing it. IG was barely populated, if there were people playing, mostly new players or pubs. Most people using the MM client are competetive players that either became more active or returned to the game. Do you think this is a coincidence?

I don't think you've touched competetive Warband before.
That mindset I believe you're trying refer to doesn't just circle around Warband, it's an open concept to all games. Just because YOU quit playing pub servers, doesn't mean everyone else did; I don't know the specifics of what happened to IG, but I can only assume its because it was the same players over and over again playing and as you said "no space to improve, no communcation." That doesn't mean the pub players don't think about winning as much as you do? Currently, I don't see how this is any different from a pub-battle if some of the participants are not willing to use teamspeak to help improve the quality of gameplay. It can hardly be called "teamplay" if only two, out of the eight, are in a channel talking to each other. In essence, this is just turning into a pub-server with a few exceptions, the only reason why a lot of people are coming back it's because this is something different from the norm.

I enjoy what they're trying to do in hope of bringing some of the players back, but that's not going to change the fact that removing the rule of using ts is essentially saying "We are the new Battle Server, with a twist :wink:"

As I said before, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree

HKP said:
Ohhh you're NA. Now I understand your lack of knowledge regarding competetive warband :facepalm:
Where I am from doesn't change the fact of how competitive scenes are? If they're trying to improve the quality of the players and overall the competitive side of Warband, then having communication between the players for this client is a must. As you said, the client is mostly composed of "competitive players." I'm sure many of you have played in scrims/matches/pickups and used TS to talk each other to win the match. If your only argument is "haheahe you're NA u know nothing XDDD" then that shows just how ignorant you are.

The point of this is to be fun and not super competitive... Stop being drama queens and enjoy the game before the whole community shrivels.

(And let us take over, you europoops are honestly too dramatic.)

Serj_ said:
HKP said:
Ohhh you're NA. Now I understand your lack of knowledge regarding competetive warband :facepalm:
Where I am from doesn't change the fact of how competitive scenes are? If they're trying to improve the quality of the players and overall the competitive side of Warband, then having communication between the players for this client is a must. As you said, the client is mostly composed of "competitive players." I'm sure many of you have played in scrims/matches/pickups and used TS to talk each other to win the match. If your only argument is "haheahe you're NA u know nothing XDDD" then that shows just how ignorant you are.

because of the client we're playing warband even when IG would've been depopulated and we're playing in a format most of us enjoy more, that's basically what matters here

Snazzelicious said:
Why must europoops ruin a great NA idea/innovation :facepalm:

NA masterminds invented warband matchmaking, i hope other huge games like csgo and dota see from us and make themselfs some matchmaking aswell

Serj_ said:
HKP said:
Surely someone coming here in the thread that has never played this MM and throwes his random bull**** into it is alot better. Noone can take you serious if you consider pubs and competetive players the same.
And yes it does actually matter. NA never had a proper competetive scene beside 2/3 decent teams so I guess most of you don't have the same mindset EUs have.
If you can't understand how there's a difference to this 8v8 and a pub 25v25 beside the number of players you've either never played it or no idea about competetive mindsets. It's nowhere near comparable.

Snazzelicious said:
The point of this is to be fun and not super competitive... Stop being drama queens and enjoy the game before the whole community shrivels.
This was made for the competetive players to be able to Enjoy the game again so I'd say it's rather competetive and not just for fun.  And most of the people using it enjoy the competetive side more than playing just for fun. Otherwise there would've been no need for the MM client in the first place.

I can see both sides of the argument: One group says want to prepare as best as we can for competitive matches, therefore communication via Teamspeak is a must, simply because communication plays a big part in competitive gaming. The other group says that since IG Battlegrounds is gone, the scene lacks a more laid back option to play and enjoy the game. Personally, I'm leaning more towards the second option at the moment.

Every matchmaking service in gaming has people who don't communicate and there's no way you can force that, only use incentives. The Join TS button is a great addition, people just need to accept not everyone will use it or wants to join ts every match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom