Warband Matchmaking Client (WBMM) [v1.8 BETA]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
75 a loss and 35 a win even if you carry isnt very fun at least for me. I have to play 4 games in them 4 games I get 2 feeder teams or someone times out or whatever, that's a confirmed loss of 150 then if i win the other two games i only get 70 back.

Kazupa said:
HKP said:
so you think abonding the team and making 7 other players lose is a proper reaction to that?
you're the exact same though you q archer and go archer if you can, if not you leave so wheres the point in complaining
Yes this is the right reaction. If the team has only one good shooter, why he is obliged to play for the infantryman / cavalry, if its main class is Archer ?!?!
If these archers were strong as: Kane, Apollo I would not not complain, it is logical ??????

1. Even tho we play in random teams (and not as a clan team as we are used to), we still play AS ONE TEAM. Saying I will play one class and only that one class all the time is a more than
    poor attitude. It is only fair to play other classes as well so that everyone is able to play his wished class every now and then.
2. So many Rangers around "sacrificed" themselves and played as Inf or Cav, why are you not willed to do so?
3. The argument of "being the best of my class on the team guarantees me a spot as this class" may work in a normal clan, but not here:
    People might use the Matchmaking-Matches to improve in other classes than their main class, so saying you play what you are best at does not bring any progress for them at all.
4. In addition to 3.:
    We should still be thankful for every new player joining the competitive scene of Warband or at least taking the first step by playing WBMM.
    Since I've spent quite alot hours on public servers, I can ensure you that there are many players out there who are good in the game, but never played proper Native Matches.
    Even tho they might not be as good as the ones of our competitive scene, this is still no reason to absurdly insist on playing your main class and by that taking away their chance to test
    8v8 matches as their best class.

If you cannot play other classes as you said, then you should train at infantry or cavalry when you can't play archer with class limits.

But i really think it should be 3 archers max

If you get consecutive wins = Higher MMR each win each time, If you get consecutive losses = Lose more MMR each time you lose. example below, MMR stated above.

+10  +15  +25  +40  +70 +100 
WIN  WIN  WIN  WIN  WIN  WIN

-10      -15    -25    -40    -70    -100
LOSS  LOSS  LOSS  LOSS  LOSS  LOSS

+10    -10  +10  -10  +10  -10  +10  -10
WIN LOSS WIN LOSS WIN LOSS WIN LOSS

+10 +15 -10    +10 +15  +25
WIN WIN LOSS WIN WIN WIN

So if you win a few games then lose one, the streak resets.

GrafBlade said:
Kazupa said:
HKP said:
so you think abonding the team and making 7 other players lose is a proper reaction to that?
you're the exact same though you q archer and go archer if you can, if not you leave so wheres the point in complaining
Yes this is the right reaction. If the team has only one good shooter, why he is obliged to play for the infantryman / cavalry, if its main class is Archer ?!?!
If these archers were strong as: Kane, Apollo I would not not complain, it is logical ??????

1. Even tho we play in random teams (and not as a clan team as we are used to), we still play AS ONE TEAM. Saying I will play one class and only that one class all the time is a more than
    poor attitude. It is only fair to play other classes as well so that everyone is able to play his wished class every now and then.
2. So many Rangers around "sacrificed" themselves and played as Inf or Cav, why are you not willed to do so?
3. The argument of "being the best of my class on the team guarantees me a spot as this class" may work in a normal clan, but not here:
    People might use the Matchmaking-Matches to improve in other classes than their main class, so saying you play what you are best at does not bring any progress for them at all.
4. In addition to 3.:
    We should still be thankful for every new player joining the competitive scene of Warband or at least taking the first step by playing WBMM.
    Since I've spent quite alot hours on public servers, I can ensure you that there are many players out there who are good in the game, but never played proper Native Matches.
    Even tho they might not be as good as the ones of our competitive scene, this is still no reason to absurdly insist on playing your main class and by that taking away their chance to test
    8v8 matches as their best class.
Oh my God... If I'm just disgusted to play for these class Inf / Cav
I just can not understand all of you... I'll tell you about the events from MTW2 tournaments
Each person playing for a certain faction took only one type of unit, and he played with those units not because he wanted, but because he knew how to handle them correctly (tactically)
In this case, I know how to shoot properly, and I do not want to play for other class simply because they do not interest me.
And again, I repeat, I played 3 consecutive games for the cavalry, and for the first time I realized that, well, let him play for the archer
But when I came across these same archers 3 times in a row and they brazenly took they again... and again they did not show anything worthy, and as well as I on Inf / Cav

We can't force players to play a class. Just be on the serv first or ask your teamates to play as archer. If they refuse then play another class.

Shemaforash said:
i'm glad everyone's playing matches again and it's easy to do so, so mmr doesn't really matter
While this is "true" at a personal level, if MMR is the basis of the matchmaking system calculations then it is very important to get the balance right, or at least close enough, that the system can create teams that are somewhat balanced.

Alyss said:
Is it possible to add the scores of the active matches to see how soon the matches will end?

There is a teamspeak you can join, just join one of the channels where the game is ongoing and the people will be more than happy to tell you.
other than that the current system is simple and proven to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom