Warband Matchmaking Client (WBMM) [v1.8 BETA]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't really anything to be done about it, and enforcing any rule to prevent it would be practically impossible. The only thing the community can really do about it is put props clipped inside of buildings on the maps they make so you can't see through them like that.

Where is the balance?

7cTHw7d.png

JqIdMKO.png

S6h9sVB.png

Nexoner, having lower MMR in this match making doesn't mean the players are bad, they're just not getting good teammates. You think Volshen with 0 MMR makes it unbalanced against a tier 4 with 300MMR because they queue all day?

HKP said:
As of now there is no MMR balance for matches simply because we can't make MMR an effective system due to the small playerbase. Also MMR does not represent someones skill.

you should be able to balance it so that the mmr total on each team is roughly the same?

so team A and team B should have roughly the same total mmr of their players, ie. team A has roughly a total of 1500 and team B has roughly a total of 1500

obviously you can't do that with a fixed figure like in my example, but making the ratio of mmr as close to 1:1 as possible might be possible???

it is possible mynes is working on it i belive but I've won plenty of games with a team that has lower MMR because the rating doesn't mean anything. Most of the times it just shows you play MM alot. I mean joshua is rank 4 or something

With maybe 3 matches playing at any one time, balancing seems way too hard, if they can't find a player to 'balance' then you'll be in queue for ages. People with stupidly high MMR wouldn't be able to play because they're FAR above everyone else. MMR with such a small amount of players should only be used for leader boards and shouldn't change the system.

Waited for a match twice now, and got kicked from queue upon getting harvesting season message. Thats annoying  :ohdear:
Hope you can fix that  :grin:

edit :
First time it said that the connection was reset and i landed on the login screen.
Second time i just got kicked out of queue into the main menu.

What could give you some fresh blood and exposure is posting it in Steam discussions and making a short guide with a flashy title on it.

Not sure if you'd want that kind of new players though.

HKP said:
I honestly don't think the current system is bad. Yes, sometimes you get unbalanced teams, but an MMR or Win balance won't fix that. Playerbase is just too small for that.

having the mmr ratio of the two teams be as close to 1:1 as possible doesn't increase wait times or have anything to do with playerbase

it just means that instead of a random matchup where one team has a total mmr of 3000 and the other has a total of 200, it will try to get each one as close to 1600 - 1600 as possible. doing that will still mean that you will get unbalanced teams, cause the amount of mmr someone has doesn't necessarily reflect their skill, but it will be more balanced than some of the matchups I've seen so far where one team just crushes the other

MMR points has no sence to conduct matches between players with the same level, but it only has sence to conduct as more balanced matches as possible. I talk about equalization the teams — split the players with the same rank to different teams.

And at least, better to show players in ascending order of MMR points, but not randomly. I mean, like in Grimsight's Matchmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom