Warband Main Server Problem (Resolved)

Vizze

Regular
Best answers
My servers update at first, but if I try to join a server I get the 'Connection to server is lost' . If I then try to start a new server search, then **** just stops after a sec. And then I have no servers . I have been playing the game since beta, and I like it, and I'm beginning to get really pissed of :smile: So could someone please tell me what to do ? I have reinstall the game 10 times but it's still only possible to join a server every 100 times. 

YaAyualNaas

Recruit
Best answers
Techno_Viking said:
I have the problem that i cant connect to anny of the servers now. I can still see all the servers in the list. Each one keeps saying 'Unable to connect to the server'' when i try to connect to one. I've restarted serveral times,tried several servers and waited serveral hours. I didnt have this at all before the big breakdown. This problem is feeding my unsurpassed rage.
Same Issue

Egalmoth

Sergeant
M&BWB
Best answers
Hello!

I just bought Warband  and activated it. However, when I try to connect to one of the servers in the Multiplayer mode, it keeps saying: "Incorrect serial number" :S

Eltzu

Regular
Best answers
Lord Dante said:
Same issue..
YaAyualNaas said:
Techno_Viking said:
I have the problem that i cant connect to anny of the servers now. I can still see all the servers in the list. Each one keeps saying 'Unable to connect to the server'' when i try to connect to one. I've restarted serveral times,tried several servers and waited serveral hours. I didnt have this at all before the big breakdown. This problem is feeding my unsurpassed rage.
Same Issue
Same here. What could be the problem?  :shock:
I took a picture of it
Sry, it's kinda big :smile:
Same problem with all servers.
Everything worked yesterday, but today none of the servers work for me.

formedsmoke

Recruit
Best answers
I purchased Warband through Steam.  Tried to play MP for the first time today.  Wanted to do a LAN comp stomp with a friend.  When we try to join each other's games we get the error "Incorrect Authorization Key"... is this related?

Jackel 159

Recruit
Best answers
formedsmoke said:
I purchased Warband through Steam.  Tried to play MP for the first time today.  Wanted to do a LAN comp stomp with a friend.  When we try to join each other's games we get the error "Incorrect Authorization Key"... is this related?
I'm having the same problem right now. I can join servers on the list fine. But LAN games quit out like that and when I host a game with a password it wont show up on the Master Server list. I bought the game for me and a friend and the whole point was to use multiplayer however we cant even play together.... why did I buy warband if it wasn't gonna have working MP?????

Jackel 159

Recruit
Best answers
I laugh when i see that this subject is (Resolved) because clearly its not if so many people are having problems. So don't pretend theres not a problem because there is  :evil:

Eltzu

Regular
Best answers
Here is something that may help, at least it worked for me.

1. Go to your Mount Blade Warband-folder and find rgl_config (in Windows 7 you can propably find it at C:/Users/*the user that has the Mount Blade installed*/AppData(hidden)/Roaming/Mount Blade Warband/rgl_config. You must set hidden folders visible by changing the settings at folder settings).

2. You should change the line use_secure_connection = 1 to use_secure_connection = 0

3. Try if that worked.

I didn't  come up with this fix by myself, credits goes to CryptoCactus http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,99405.0.html. However, I'm not sure if this is a safe fix becouse my modem crashed after it. It happened when I had played M&B for a few minutes, then I had exitted it and I was typing this fix to the forums when modem cut off. It doesn't propably have anything to do with the fix but I think I should mention it, if others would get this problem just like me. But as you can see, now it is working again.
Happy playing! :grin:

P.S. Sorry my bad english.

Jackel 159

Recruit
Best answers
Eltzu said:
Here is something that may help, at least it worked for me.

1. Go to your Mount Blade Warband-folder and find rgl_config (in Windows 7 you can propably find it at C:/Users/*the user that has the Mount Blade installed*/AppData(hidden)/Roaming/Mount Blade Warband/rgl_config. You must set hidden folders visible by changing the settings at folder settings).

2. You should change the line use_secure_connection = 1 to use_secure_connection = 0

3. Try if that worked.

I didn't  come up with this fix by myself, credits goes to CryptoCactus http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,99405.0.html. However, I'm not sure if this is a safe fix becouse my modem crashed after it. It happened when I had played M&B for a few minutes, then I had exitted it and I was typing this fix to the forums when modem cut off. It doesn't propably have anything to do with the fix but I think I should mention it, if others would get this problem just like me. But as you can see, now it is working again.
Happy playing! :grin:

P.S. Sorry my bad english.
So Mine already had it set to 0. I dont know how that happened but mine isnt working with it set 0. Should I change it to 1 then? lol

LudvigCZ

Recruit
WBWF&S
Best answers
Didnt work me too... and max_number_of_connections from 64 to 20 didnt work.... I delete everything on PC and reinstal win XP. On PC I have only win XP, office, nod32, adobe suite, empire total war (multiplayer works fine here) and Mount and blade warband. Firewalls are off and when I trying MaB multi I shutdown NOD too. My Internet conection is 8mb/s I often play multiplayer games and I never had this problem. So I think that problem is not in me but Warband multiplayer is broken.
Sorry for my english!!! Iam beginer in english...

Best answers
Seems like I'm having a problem like this as well, it prevents me from joining any online multiplayer server.

Every time, the same message. "Unable to Connect to Server"

Demesthenos

Recruit
Best answers
I'm having a similar problem, I don't receive the unable to connect to server message. What happens to me is, I click connect, and the connect button gets greyed out but nothing happens. I can click back or refresh afterwords, but nothing happens. I can click the list buttons (arrange by players, server name, etc) and that effects the list. Basically, I try and connect to a server and I'm stuck at the server screen with my only option being alt+F4. Also, I see servers with people playing, ones I know aren't bots from past experience. I've tried connecting to multiple servers to make sure it's not just one server giving me this problem.

Outcome69

Recruit
Best answers
Please post in the bug forum on this bug for EMPTY server lists:  http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=1758

misima

Recruit
Best answers
Very often when I connect to some servers I stuck on -Loading- and nothing then. Only ctr alt del after.
Help me please.

Sometimes when somehow I enter game I dont see icons on friendly guys. What do I have to do to fix it?