MP Dark Ages [WB] Vikingr (Old thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

hi, don't know why but when I try to log into a server to try and play it tells me I'm trying to run a module not installed on my computer!!!! But It Is and I have, so why???

Can anybody help me please?

Are you sure you chose ''Vikingr 0.70'' when you started the launcher?
If it says ''Native'' then click on it and then choose ''Vikingr 0.70''.

Shouldn't be that tough since it says it's not installed.. hmm.

Jamiek said:
hi, don't know why but when I try to log into a server to try and play it tells me I'm trying to run a module not installed on my computer!!!! But It Is and I have, so why???

Can anybody help me please?

I get the same message, and can still play normally...
Don't know why the game complains, but the game itself
runs without any errors.

I still think Kiev and Normans are a little bit OP, especially after 2-3 win in a row playing Battle mode (i mean they look like sardaukars with those unbreakable armors, and when i can only wear a pijama the battle starts being difficult...). Also when a team leads 3-0 or 4-0, in my opinion there is no chance for a come back and it's frustrating to be slashed for 5 games more. Too long or too unbalanced? i don't know  :grin:

And another thing: infantry can't jump&slash (cool!).. but what about cavalry? did you test it? a while ago, it looked like i've been killed by a cavarly unit when he was literally "in the air".

Hengist said:
C_Ronin_Rico said:
I still think Kiev and Normans are a little bit OP
The next patch should take care of it.

Not that they were OP. :eek: Only thing I can see in which the Rus or Normans are really stronger is that they have horses (get spears, axes, and most horsemen won't like fighting you) and that they have slightly more access to mail. Especially Saxons could use more mail, in my opinion.

C_Ronin_Rico said:
another thing: infantry can't jump&slash (cool!).. but what about cavalry? did you test it? a while ago, it looked like i've been killed by a cavarly unit when he was literally "in the air".

Well a horse can jump in real life and the rider could stab u with a spear while riding on the horse, so its not really that far fetched compaired to a human jumping and slashing someone especially when that human on warband is usally wearing full mail armour which weights loads *unless they are a ninja*

i jump-spear, spear men all the time when im cav on vikingr because it totaly takes them by suprise  :razz:

Mmmm...

So, in your opinion, is it natural for a rider to stab someone when his horse is jumping? I.. think... the rider must be very skillfull to keep himself hold on a jumping horse and in the same time having enough strenght to hit an armored soldier using a 1h spear, and kill him of course.
I mean... well maybe i have a different point of view on this, i don't know.

I also agree about what FrisianDude said before. Of course when we talk about an OP faction, we talk about weapons and armors. Anything else is about how good a player is.

While not so easy with a horseman, I think footmen should have the ability. Because how exactly would it be impossible to jump in the air and swing a sword or thrust a spear? When mods remove this ability I find it just pointless, it doesn't make the game any funner and its frustrating because when your trying to jump over a fence or something and you can't block while doing it you just get raped by spears and archers. And also, since I mentioned archers, removing the reticle doesn't work unless you change the first person animation so that you can actually aim down the arrow shaft otherwise its just guesswork and it seems silly to imagine a seasoned archer "guessing" 

I am downloading by the instant I saw it, I can't wait to try it! :smile: I am a Norwegian Viking myself :wink:, (( C_Ronin_Rico- You gotta check out Norway, it is pretty beautiful there :smile: ))

-edit: You can Crouch?! YES! Finally someone with a fully functional brain!

Greatmaster said:
Chop of heads  :shock: , HOW????
Whack someone on the head or around neck height. More damage in one swing helps so you'll have more luck with a big axe than with a knife. It also helps if they were wounded previously.

Back
Top Bottom