WARBAND & M&B Pendorian Stories

Users who are viewing this thread

Guardian: just a friendly tip from me, okay? If you have to write *flashback* in order to denote a flashback in the story, then you have no business using a flashback in the first place. A book or short story is not Family Guy.

When you set up a framing device, like your boy on the beach, it helps to establish a bit more of that part of the story other than 3 sentences. I found myself wondering why the boy on the beach had been mentioned at all, as that part could have been skipped and instead added to the end with the rest of the framing device, thus doing away with the admittedly cheesy *flashback* thing, and simply writing a transition like "for now twenty years have passed, and the Corruption yet grows... a young man now waits on a beach, his patience wearing thin, and the hopelessness that grips his heart shows itself as creases on the teenager's face... lines that had no business belonging to one so young -- but they branch there regardless, at the corners of his eyes, as the badge of one who carries a heavy burden."

Or something to that effect.
-Loth

lothario said:
Guardian: just a friendly tip from me, okay? If you have to write *flashback* in order to denote a flashback in the story, then you have no business using a flashback in the first place. A book or short story is not Family Guy.

When you set up a framing device, like your boy on the beach, it helps to establish a bit more of that part of the story other than 3 sentences. I found myself wondering why the boy on the beach had been mentioned at all, as that part could have been skipped and instead added to the end with the rest of the framing device, thus doing away with the admittedly cheesy *flashback* thing, and simply writing a transition like "for now twenty years have passed, and the Corruption yet grows... a young man now waits on a beach, his patience wearing thin, and the hopelessness that grips his heart shows itself as creases on the teenager's face... lines that had no business belonging to one so young -- but they branch there regardless, at the corners of his eyes, as the badge of one who carries a heavy burden."

Or something to that effect.
-Loth

Thank you, I take that with much gratitude. I'll remove my current story and hope that my next post is better. This was me trying to see how things went and hope to improve. It's very difficult to judge your work when you are the only one to see it and no one wants to say what is actually 'wrong' with it. I'd like to be a better member of the community and I admit I did not edit that story at all. I had the idea in mind and wanted to see where I am in terms of raw skill and see I've still got a ways to go. I have to deal with college, health, and simple life but I'd like to do something to contribute in what is very safe to say one of if not the best mods for M&B Warband.

-Peace, GuardianOfAll

Practice makes perfect, my friend... you'll get it. :smile:
It can be difficult to critically assess your own work, but when you figure out how to look at your own words as somebody else's and then try to tear it apart for flaws, it gets easier. I've found that time can greatly help. You write something, and then leave it alone for a week and come back to it then, when it's no longer fresh in your mind. Now you have a more distant POV to look from at what you've written, and you can get a better idea of what to improve.
-Loth

lothario said:
Practice makes perfect, my friend... you'll get it. :smile:
It can be difficult to critically assess your own work, but when you figure out how to look at your own words as somebody else's and then try to tear it apart for flaws, it gets easier. I've found that time can greatly help. You write something, and then leave it alone for a week and come back to it then, when it's no longer fresh in your mind. Now you have a more distant POV to look from at what you've written, and you can get a better idea of what to improve.
-Loth

Heh. I know but I figured it would come out better as I've done much writing in the past. Hell, I even have a flash drive dedicated to word documents that contain story drafts and ideas. If I have time I can make them decent but my head won't process anything aside from the original inspiration which is why I agree with cool down periods as being important but this was my first actual raw idea to have been posted and now I know how to improve on it.

-Peace, GuardianOfAll

There has been worse posted here. It´s the PoP stories thread, so anything´s possible, as it´s mainly stories about your realm and experience in PoP. It´s a collection of stories about your game experience. So if thats the way you see it, it´s alright.

However, if you post such a rather abstract story, do not post precise locations or dates. And keep the fluency going. A good story reads itself and enthralls the consumer rather than forcing him to take paragraph after paragraph.

So don´t let yourself down from one negative response but keep the stuff coming. And if you read this thread, you´ll find a few well done pieces, a few average ones, and a few crude ones. Yet each is a nice contributin to this thread.

noosers said:
There has been worse posted here. It´s the PoP stories thread, so anything´s possible, as it´s mainly stories about your realm and experience in PoP. It´s a collection of stories about your game experience. So if thats the way you see it, it´s alright.

However, if you post such a rather abstract story, do not post precise locations or dates. And keep the fluency going. A good story reads itself and enthralls the consumer rather than forcing him to take paragraph after paragraph.

So don´t let yourself down from one negative response but keep the stuff coming. And if you read this thread, you´ll find a few well done pieces, a few average ones, and a few crude ones. Yet each is a nice contributin to this thread.

I can understand that. I will admit it was without a doubt an odd story even by my standards but all I can do is learn and improve. I've read a few stories and I'm impressed, I just have the issue that I'm still new to everything and with 3.51 I've yet to even getting close to a good story. I can make one as I go along but my curse is that I have an idea and I act on it, I can still be patient but I often find myself writing an idea based off one thing with no real clue what it's about. When all is said and done I hope to improve enough that someone can read my stories and really experience them I have written many ideas and stories over the years but I also have the problem that whenever I get a new idea I end up leaving others behind. Hell I haven't even't even worked on the first story I ever started for well over 3 years now.

Hopefully I'll do it Justice and finish one for this thread but I guess I'll need a lot more experience with the game just because of its scale and endless opportunity's / possibilities.

-Peace, a very dizzy and largely confused GuardianOfAll

P.S. I often find the irony that my user names involve GuardianOfAll but I can't even understand simple things that I've seen children figure out before me. I blame the kid in me. :neutral:

@ GuardianofAll

Don't worry too much about creating the perfect story. When I was younger (I say this like I'm an old man, but this is just a few years ago), I was one of those "Idea Guys" on a forum, always suggesting something or another. Let's just say that things really didn't work out for me on the realm of the Internet.

However, you don't necessarily need to scrap the entire project. I've had plenty of unfinished of stories that were reused in different ways or revamped in a different way. Once, I had a fanfiction about the game Bastion (Excellent game, try it), but I lost the willpower to work on it. Then, I discovered Battle for Wesnoth (Free SRPG), and adapted the setting in my previous work to fit in with that, but once again, I ended up scrapping that project. Nowadays, the setting and story I originally created for these two games are being used in one of my personal development projects. The problem with my current work may be too ambitious, considering I want to make a series of games out of it, but that is another story for another time.

Writing requires a lot of patience. As someone as previous said, write down your idea, leave for a few days, and come back to it. Writers do this to get out the the initial stage of "Hey, this is awesome!", to one that is more analytical / critical. It may be during this stage that the original "thought stream" may not have been a good run, and will require some improvements / revamps to make it into an interesting work. Of course, going over the piece again may lead  to the writer being overly-critical of his/her work and scrap it entirely instead of trying to improve or revamp it. Also, the classic saying "practice makes perfect", holds true when creating stories, or even picking up on a few things that can be learned from any literature class.

I might add that John Cleese in a talk about creativity reports that he once wrote a script for something, then lost it for some reason and had to write it down again from memory some time later. In fact he happened to retrieve the original script later on and compared the two - the second one was way better because his mind subconsciously worked on the subject and refined the initial ideas. (Here is the link to the talk by John Cleese.)

So, when you got an idea, do write it down, but also do wait a bit, let your head work in it for some time before you publish the final piece of writing. When you get to a point where you cannot think of a fluent way to move the story on, don't force it. Let it rest a bit and return to it later.

I'm grateful for all the replies and I still hold true to the story but I'll work on it and hope that the story I post here will be much better then the last. In all honesty I'm 18 not 21, I know you never reveal your information online but then again I never give most of my real info out anyway, the point of it now is to say I'm still young and have much to learn. Though at the same time am going through a weird stage in life that leaves me a bit confused, over worked, and all that other stuff no one wants to deal with. It'll take me some time but when I do I hope the community just grows stronger until I post something that I myself can be proud of.

-For now this is GuardianOfAll, Peace :smile:

Some say the northmen betrayed the old kingdom.
Some debate that.
Some say the northmen will stand together to defend their independence.
Some debate that.
Some say the northmen never forget.
None debate that.

mb65_zpsf936fbf8.jpg

Judea, 33 A.D., Saturday afternoon, about tea time
Northern Pendor, the year 199, two months after the battle of Rane.

Treason! the old baron Verral exclaimed. They cannot do that. Our allegiance is to the Silver Throne and noone else.

But m'lord, the steward said meekly, picking up the letter from the new crowned 'King of Ravenstern' that the baron had dropped in his rage, their new knighthood order of the Dragon is strong and they will wage war on you if you do not join them.

With furrowed brow Verral strode up and down the great hall of Dagon Castle, his ancestral seat. Finally he turned back to the steward.

Then we will fight. Call my bannermen and send riders to gather all other northmen that are still loyal to the Silver Throne. If the gods are kind we shall crush this traitorous uprising.

Northern Pendor, the year 201, the last month of autumn.

The rider had jumped of his horse before it stood completely still. He paid no further attention to the exhausted animal and hurried over to the keep from where the old baron Verral was already coming to meet him.

Your lordship, the man said, I bring grave news: Your troops have been beaten at the bridge of Bazeck, Stoutheart Castle is about to surrender and the baronet of Saffrongate has gone over to the king's men.

We are the king's men, you bloody fool! Varrel shouted at the man. For there can be only one king and he sits the Silver Throne, not some wooden chair at Ravenstern.

Yes, of course, m'lord, the man was quick to apologise. Yet, the ki... the usurper's troops will be here within a day, I barely escaped their outriders.

All defiance left Verral's expression. Then it is over, he said with slumped shoulders and turned back to the keep. Let everyone gather their things, we depart before dusk to seek refuge further south where the people are still loyal to the throne.
Then a little gleam returned to his eyes and he straightened his back again. But we will come back...

Sarleon, the year 349, the second month of summer.

With a loud clatter the golden cup hit the wall, sprinkling its red contents over the gathered nobles who did their best to not notice the king's latest fit of rage.

Defeat!? King Ulric exclaimed, another defeat? I will have the marshal's head for this. The north is rightfully ours! All of Pendor is rightfully ours, but most of all the rebellious north!

But Sire, one of his advisors made an attempt to calm the king down, our armies are without any noticeable support up there. The populace helps their armies with supplies and even joins them in defending castles and towns.

The young noble in blue and white clothing stood in the shadows of the outer parts of the great hall and listened closely. A thought began to form in his head.

Then I will have their heads, too! Ulric shouted. These northmen are all traitors and will pay for it with their lives!

The young noble braced himself and shouldered his way through the crowd of lords until he stood in front of the dais.
Not all are traitors, Sire, he said.

Ulric's head spun around, his face growing even redder. Who are you that dares to approach me dressed in Ravenstern's colours? he growled, reaching for his sword.

Not Ravenstern colours, Sire, the young noble said, but northern colours - colours that go better with a lion than a dragon I might say. I am Morcas VII, Baron Verral and the rightful lord of Dagon Castle. I have as much reason to hate the Ravensternians as you have, your grace, but I also know who might be persuaded to support you in the north. Give me leave to assemble loyal northmen under my banner and we shall see to it that next time your forces will have ample support by the northmen.

It was only then that Ulric noticed the large white lion on the young noble's clothing. Slowly he nodded. Yes, yes, that might just be what I have been waiting for. See my treasurer, Sir Morcas, he will provide you with everything you need.

Morcas bowed. Thank you, Sire. We shall have our revenge on the northern traitors soon.

Near Falcondark Castle, the year 352, the second month of spring.

Truce? Another truce? Morcas asked, increasingly angry. I am sick of Ulric's truces. He told me we would be driving the northmen before us, but instead this is the fifth truce in three years. I am sick of this. Ulric is weak and probably he does not even want to subdue the north again. He is not worthy to sit the Silver Throne, I'm done with that monarch.

But what will you do now, Morcas? Vildred, his cavalry captain, enquired.

Gather the men! Morcas commanded in place of a reply. I have something to tell them. We will lead our own war...

You will have the honour to meet Sir Morcas and his Snowlion Brigade in PoP 3.6. :grin:

Pendor - the years is 352, November

The ships were slowly making their way towards north-east. Rumors of the rich but war torn lands that lie there reached far and wide, but none dared brave the stormy seas.... none but them. Exiled. Their lands were now overrun, their crops burned, their cities ruined, their armies vanquished by the barbarian hordes. The Serpent has replaced The Eagle on the highest tower of the Imperial Castle in Windgard. Most of their leaders were dead. Most.

They were the remnants of the glorious Imperial Armed Forces of Korelia. And they were defeated. Nothing was left for them in their old home. So they fled. Forty ships. A mere fraction of the powerfull Imperial Navy. Carring all those that managed to get away from the green tide of death - soldiers that survided the battles and managed to stem the venomous advance in order for the last member of the Imperial House and whatever was left from The Imperial Guards - The Knights of the Eagle to gather as many civilians and head for the beaches were the ships waited.

"We may leave now, but I swear to you on my honor as Commander of the Guards and member of the Imperial House that we will avenge our fallen and restore our old glory!" Those were the words of Captain Delran D'Arge, Commander of The Knights of the Eagle, son of the emperor's nephew and now sole member of the Imperial House.

With those words in their hearts, they set sail for the lands of legend, for Pendor. If the serpents came from the east, where nothing was supposed to be, than Pendor must really exist and be their only chance of reclaiming their home or building a new one. The journey will be perilous but they have no other chance, their other option is death at the hands of the Serpents either in battle or in slavery if they failed to kill themselves.

Pendor - the year is 353, February

The sky was clear and the waves rolled gently towards the sandy beaches. In the bay, great ships were dropping anchors. Of the forty ships that fled Korelia, five were lost to storms. Of the eight thousand soldiers and marines, only six thousand remained. Of the fifteen thousand civilians, five hundred were lost. Of the 400 Knights of the Eagle none were lost.

Delran was standing at the bow of the flagship, with General De Rudil and Admiral D'Eliad, sole surviving senior officers.
"Now we will have to see if this land is inhabited and if the locals will be in need of soldiers for hire. Do not mistake me, but that is what we will be untill we settle down somewhere. Not to mention that we have with us over fourteen thousand civilians. That means a lot of mouths to feed and our only way of feeding ourselves right now is foraging and our weapons. We may have arrived here but the hard part begins now."

To be continued......

This is really rushed, more of a narrative than a story but its something that's been sat on my hard drive for god knows how long and I thought I'd post it as I seem to not have the heart to tidy it up, finish it or make it less of a rush.

The Tale of the Blue Knight​

Northern Pendor, The Kingdom of Ravenstern, City of Ravenstern

"Sally Forth! Count Farstor will lead the assault as Marshal, do as he says and we shall have a new hall to dine in by the end of the week!" - King Gregory IV

So, the men rode forth, kissing their wives and children goodbye. Count Farstor was new in the Kingdom of Ravenstern vassaldom, but he had worked as a Mercenary for months. He watched from the side as a great host of at least one thousand men poured from the gates of the city, readying themselves for glorious battle, just like in the stories. Count Farstor had other ideas of what was to happen however, he knew the target and he knew it well. Castle Falcondark, a Ravenstern Fortress taken almost two years ago by the Fierdsvain.

The first scout reports had arrived a week ago, two years was long enough for the Fierdsvain who seemed to anticipate an attack, 700 men stood vigil in that small castle, and they were fearsome. They were led by Jarl Othon, an Imperial Traitor, indicted for treason by Marius Imperator. Count Farstor made a note to send him back to his old liege-lord, let Marius deal with his traitor. He drew up his plans and presented them to the King, a traditional affair up in the north, something that the Count, an imperial by birth wasn't used to.

North-Central Pendor, The Neutral Lands, Falcondark Castle

It took almost three days to move the entire army from Ravenstern to Falcondark Castle. Different Lords left and returned to chase after bandits or complete some unknown and possibly shady business elsewhere. One lord even stopped off at a village just to burn it and kill the peasants.
This isn't warfare, this is shameful.
It was a full week before the siege was ready, not a single Fierdsvain Lord had come to aid the castle, it came down to a straight 1,200 Men throwing themselves at walls consisting of only 700 men. A horrible event but it had to be done, for the good of the nation.

The night before the battle was a tense one in both camps. Count Farstor knew that death was a stern possibility here, as did his opponent, Jarl Othon. Both donned new sets of armour, fashioned with their Kingdom and their colours in mind. Count Farstor, a Blue and White Set of Plate armour, it shone beautifully in the flickering torches of his tent. Jarl Othon had chosen Green and Red on a Knightly Surcoat, rounded off beautifully with a Sallet helmet. The Count refused to wear his helmet for this battle. A mail coif would suffice.

As battles comes and go, this was not the most exciting. Hundreds fell at the breach, one of the bloodiest breaches Count Farstor had the displeasure to climb, he had to climb over at least sixty of his own soldiers just so he could repay the debt and kill sixty of theirs. Jarl Othon had fought for some time now and was tiring, he made his eye contact with Count Farstor and both of them knew what to do. Soldiers split around them, ceasing their petty fight to watch the two commanders duel. Jarl Othon ripped off his helmet, claiming to want to do this face to face, the Count only shrugged and raised his shield and his sword.

The Jarl made the first move, diving straight in with an overhead blow and a side swipe, the Count could do naught but step backwards and try to block the powerful swings, he was an anointed Knight, but he wasn't used to fighting foes almost twice his size and wielding Great Swords. He struck back, shunting the Jarl with his shield and thrusting at his gut with his Bastard sword, he missed by a fraction of a second and the Jarls next blow took his shield clean off his arm. The Count winced in pain, standing up from his kneeling position, he brought his sword up to block the next flurry of blows from the Jarl, eventually succumbing to the pure strength the Jarl gave, he blacked out, falling unconscious before his might.

The fighting ended there for that day. The Count was dragged away, alive. The dead were piled and burned, three days were given for funeral rights by the Jarl, in the hope that reinforcements would come, none did as the Lords of Ravenstern assaulted the wall twice more, taking it on their third attempt. Count Farstor stood atop the breach as it was taken, waving the flag of King Gregory IV.

The Blue Knight was his nickname, if not for the fact that he wore a white and blue suit of armour, but for the fact he was blue n the face when Jarl Othon removed his shield from him and knocked him down. His humiliation would of course be furthered, when the King refused his request for Falcondark Castle. The Count renounced his alleigance and holed himself up inside it with 47 of his best men. A fools errand, as six days later four hundred men of the Kingdom of Sarleon brutally swept north, Falcondark their first target fell in only two hours, they did not stop until Senderfall was theirs.

iskar said:
Some say the northmen betrayed the old kingdom.
Some debate that.
Some say the northmen will stand together to defend their independence.
Some debate that.
Some say the northmen never forget.
None debate that.

mb65_zpsf936fbf8.jpg

Judea, 33 A.D., Saturday afternoon, about tea time
Northern Pendor, the year 199, two months after the battle of Rane.

Treason! the old baron Verral exclaimed. They cannot do that. Our allegiance is to the Silver Throne and noone else.

But m'lord, the steward said meekly, picking up the letter from the new crowned 'King of Ravenstern' that the baron had dropped in his rage, their new knighthood order of the Dragon is strong and they will wage war on you if you do not join them.

With furrowed brow Verral strode up and down the great hall of Dagon Castle, his ancestral seat. Finally he turned back to the steward.

Then we will fight. Call my bannermen and send riders to gather all other northmen that are still loyal to the Silver Throne. If the gods are kind we shall crush this traitorous uprising.

Northern Pendor, the year 201, the last month of autumn.

The rider had jumped of his horse before it stood completely still. He paid no further attention to the exhausted animal and hurried over to the keep from where the old baron Verral was already coming to meet him.

Your lordship, the man said, I bring grave news: Your troops have been beaten at the bridge of Bazeck, Stoutheart Castle is about to surrender and the baronet of Saffrongate has gone over to the king's men.

We are the king's men, you bloody fool! Varrel shouted at the man. For there can be only one king and he sits the Silver Throne, not some wooden chair at Ravenstern.

Yes, of course, m'lord, the man was quick to apologise. Yet, the ki... the usurper's troops will be here within a day, I barely escaped their outriders.

All defiance left Verral's expression. Then it is over, he said with slumped shoulders and turned back to the keep. Let everyone gather their things, we depart before dusk to seek refuge further south where the people are still loyal to the throne.
Then a little gleam returned to his eyes and he straightened his back again. But we will come back...

Sarleon, the year 349, the second month of summer.

With a loud clatter the golden cup hit the wall, sprinkling its red contents over the gathered nobles who did their best to not notice the king's latest fit of rage.

Defeat!? King Ulric exclaimed, another defeat? I will have the marshal's head for this. The north is rightfully ours! All of Pendor is rightfully ours, but most of all the rebellious north!

But Sire, one of his advisors made an attempt to calm the king down, our armies are without any noticeable support up there. The populace helps their armies with supplies and even joins them in defending castles and towns.

The young noble in blue and white clothing stood in the shadows of the outer parts of the great hall and listened closely. A thought began to form in his head.

Then I will have their heads, too! Ulric shouted. These northmen are all traitors and will pay for it with their lives!

The young noble braced himself and shouldered his way through the crowd of lords until he stood in front of the dais.
Not all are traitors, Sire, he said.

Ulric's head spun around, his face growing even redder. Who are you that dares to approach me dressed in Ravenstern's colours? he growled, reaching for his sword.

Not Ravenstern colours, Sire, the young noble said, but northern colours - colours that go better with a lion than a dragon I might say. I am Morcas VII, Baron Verral and the rightful lord of Dagon Castle. I have as much reason to hate the Ravensternians as you have, your grace, but I also know who might be persuaded to support you in the north. Give me leave to assemble loyal northmen under my banner and we shall see to it that next time your forces will have ample support by the northmen.

It was only then that Ulric noticed the large white lion on the young noble's clothing. Slowly he nodded. Yes, yes, that might just be what I have been waiting for. See my treasurer, Sir Morcas, he will provide you with everything you need.

Morcas bowed. Thank you, Sire. We shall have our revenge on the northern traitors soon.

Near Falcondark Castle, the year 352, the second month of spring.

Truce? Another truce? Morcas asked, increasingly angry. I am sick of Ulric's truces. He told me we would be driving the northmen before us, but instead this is the fifth truce in three years. I am sick of this. Ulric is weak and probably he does not even want to subdue the north again. He is not worthy to sit the Silver Throne, I'm done with that monarch.

But what will you do now, Morcas? Vildred, his cavalry captain, enquired.

Gather the men! Morcas commanded in place of a reply. I have something to tell them. We will lead our own war...

You will have the honour to meet Sir Morcas and his Snowlion Brigade in PoP 3.6. :grin:

Loved that one. He had already become my favourite mercenary and now that I've read this... no more pro-Ravenstern for me! The Snowlion Brigade will always be at my side. :grin:

The Tale of Numenor [PoP 3.6]

Just wanted to share my character background story and progress:

Elensil son of Tarsil son of Edheldae was of highborn lineage of Numenoreans. He did not know it until the fall of his village which was savagely raided by Vanskerry raiders. The slaughter and cries could be heard from afar by Elensil as he was coming back from hunting in the wild. Even now when he lies next to his beautiful wife Qutala his eyes are wide open and he can hear the cries of the women pleading for mercy and children crying in vain. His father, of whom he only knew that he was once a noble Adventurer who loved to talk about the elves and their astounding wisdom, told him on his lasts breaths that he and his ancestors were Numenoreans who fled from a land far away, thus scattered scarcely across these continents including Pendor.

Little did he know that this event would change his life as he seeked to avenge his family and friends who were brutally murdered by some grim beings of war.
He set sail to pendor occasionally creating a group of stout hearted men with the same Numenorean origin like him.
The group counted almost a dozen well equipped warriors of various ages and included even an elven exiled high born who joined them, seeing as these men were open to elves and their ancestors were bound by elven friendship.

Chapter I.
And so our heroes set up to conquer the world of pendor, rescuing the innocent and creating a mighty army to build up an Empire amidst the Fierdvsain Kingdom. Little did they know that these Northern men would strike back in 4 times the force the Numenoreans could summon themselves. The final battle was fought on the egde of the village of Kaverraid with piles and piles of dead bodies paving the pathways as the dashing dozen slew one assault attack after another. Days passed and everyone of the Numenoreans was either wounded or to tired to fight on, except for Elensil who was finally stopped by an arrow to the knee after the army of the fierdsvain was halfed in numbers.
The Numenoreans had to reinforce at Ansen Lodge and came back rejuvenated with troops to crush the still strong Fierdsvain Army. In these battles 6 Fierdsvain were slain in exchange for one dead Numenorean soldier.

Chapter II.
After Repelling Fierdsvain an era of piece moved in. At this time Elensil married the beautiful fair Qutala of Dshar, her origin however resembled more the ancient ways of Numenor and in conclusion was the perfect match for him and his new refounded kingdom.
Lethaldariel the elven companion and high trusted friend of Elensil suggested to get in contact with the remaining Noldor in Pendor, so that the Alliance forged in ancient times but long forgotten may have a standing in this realm again. As the Noldor were quite aggressive towards any living human, Elensil had to fight everyone who got in the way of Noldorian troops. Just as the relation with Noldor went up the relation with other kingdoms crashed, eventually leading to the second war with Fierdsvain.

Chapter III.
This time the still weak Kingdom of Numenor had made a great mistake, with various provocations the Fierdsvain had no other choice but to wage war during the truce with the Numenoreans. After heavy battles and massive losses on both sides, Elensil decided that he could not win this war without foreign help and as such he hired one mercenary company after another, seeing that the price for ransoming Fierdsvain commanders more than paid up for it. While the numbers dwindled, mercenaries and Marleon knights flooded the fledgeling kingdom eventually taking Valonbary and Gunders Lodge in the events of the war.
As Lethaldariel was an elf he gave the new gained territories to him to prosper with his kinsmen and create an almighty elven army under the rule of the Numenor.

To this day the fights with the Fierdsvain wage on and there is no hope on the horizon for Elensil to ever find peace again...

[to be continued...]

Back
Top Bottom