Warband latest update graphical problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey everyone,

I've been eagerly anticipating MB Warband like everyone else, so I purchased it via Steam. I launched it for the first time today and was greeted with a terrible flickering problem. The graphics flicker constantly (this is just the load screen and main menu). Also, at the main menu, a huge black bar slowly moves from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen and then starts over again.

When I go in to the options and then video settings the flickering just gets worse before I even change anything, and eventually my sound starts to crackle also. The game is completely unplayable for me right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions here? My computer is more than able to handle it, all of my drivers are up to date as well.

I have a similar problem, but I pre-ordered it and had the beta on my computer for awhile. I had to uninstall it though, due to computer space issues. I re-installed it today, it's v1.102, I was happy, I started a new game. WELL, when I got to the character face editing the background's ground didn't exist and the hair and facial hair did not show up.
mb1.jpg

I figured maybe it just hadn't loaded yet and when I went into the beginning of the game everything was fine. I could see his hair, the ground beneath my feet, the Sea Raider running at me...... And then this.
mb2.jpg

I've been running around like that now for a while, even after uninstalling, cleaning the registry, deleting any leftover files I found, defragging, and re-installing. The only things I can think of is maybe a file from the beta that I don't know where to look for, or maybe updating my graphics card drivers. More screens:
mb3.jpg

mb9.jpg

mb10.jpg

Any ideas/suggestions? I've repeated that process of uninstalling, clearing what I can find, and re-installing a few times now to no effect. And then I read this post, so maybe it's not an isolated incident...

Its not, a lot of people have this issue, me included. Change to dx7 in the config menu at startup for now and see if it helps. Also, what are your graphic cards?

That's just about the only thing I didn't try lol thank you :smile:. I'll change to DX 7 and see if it helps. My graphics card is an old ATI Radeon HD 2400.

I had similar issues, except my game would not even start.  It would flicker during the opening moves, but right as the second movie starts playing the game would crash and it would give me some type of Graphics error.  It said it had something to do with my DirectX, so I installed DirectX 10 and it fixed the problem.

I believe the error is related to DirectX 9 specifically, as both DX 7 and DX 10 run the game perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom