Warband has now become like any other fps to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone had compiled a spreadsheet detailing the point allocations of each class. You might wish to refer to it if you think that choosing the Archer class is a superior choice over Infantry.

Archonsod said:
Not as ironic as said person still not having issues with archers when they do log in. I ain't played for months and I didn't get killed by a single archer. Maybe you just suck?

I bet if I didnt play for months I would not get killed by an archer either.

Sorry, burdon of proof is on you. You claimed that the accuracy RND is that of a horse at long range. And you later defined long range as cart to ruin on Field by a River. Boot up the game test it out. I find it ironic that you are against a change put forward by an actual player of the game. You havent played in months you dont know whats going on in battle servers except by what is said here. You are argueing from complete ignorance. Why should you care if archers get nerfed? You don't even play.

The spread of the shot is related to arrow flight time and nothing else. But angle of the shot has nothing to do with the spread of the hits. You seem to be claiming otherwise. Back it up. Pull out a stopwatch. Record a video of your magical claim.

Faranox, can infantry pick up a bow? Attributes and stats are not the reason archers are more powerful than infantry. Yes archers make weaker melee fighters than infantry, and thats all fine. but infantry cant headshot people half a map away. (outside extremely lucky javalin throw, or maybe looting an xbow).

actually yes, some infantry can use a bow but i can't recall which one right now...

besides,
this topic becomes pointless day by day...
you infantrylovers could easily get together with likeminded fellows to make a mod as you like with those time and effort that you've given to this topic from the very beginning.
btw, as a matter of fact, there is an infantry based mod available already: viking mod! you could play it as well...
but no, you choose just to complain and keep saying that all game should be modified as you want...

sorry guyz but this what you set forth is called FASCISM.

edit: vaegir spearman can use short bow...
btw, above given skill sheet  is not current one, it was changed with new patches.

Joy said:
actually yes, some infantry can use a bow but i can't recall which one right now...

besides,
you infantrylovers could easily get together with likeminded fellows to make a mod as you like with those time and effort that you've given to this topic from the very beginning.
btw, as a matter of fact, there is an infantry based mod available already: viking mod! you could play it as well...
but no, you choose just to complain and keep saying that all game should be modified as you want...

btw, above given skill sheet  is not current one, it was changed with new patches.

The whole point of this isn't that they want a mod to play infantry, it's that they feel archery has become too overpowered/overused in Native and want to see it fixed.

Mr.X said:
Joy said:

besides,

The whole point of this isn't that they want a mod to play infantry, it's that they feel archery has become too overpowered/overused in Native and want to see it fixed.

No if you fallow one of them want infantry to be the main focus of WB and the most powerful. The other one doesn't openly disagree so it can be assumed the they share such a dream.

Draygo said:
What is wrong with infantry being the centerpiece of combat? All through history this was true, why cant it be true in warband?

i wrote those things after reading this post.
classes are pretty balanced if you know how to use them with their advantages and disadvantages.
you may want infantry to be overpowered and prevailing class, it's reasonable, there is a mod for this, but when you say that "whole game should be infantry based", then it sounds like fascism to me... you cannot impose your personal desires on all players...

I understand how to use each of the classes. I understand their advantages and disadvantages. I dont want infantry to be vastly overpowered. I want them to have a fair chance in all situations. Infantry is the class that takes the brunt of everything first in battle. (Besides the stupid cav that run out and try to couch the first person they see, often getting lanced by enemy cav or just shot to pieces.)

With two sides running at each other the infantry meet, and have a good fight. Archers and xbows support that fight, cav runs in sniping at their enemies back, or try to steer enemy cav away. The focus of a fight when there arn't too many ranged players is on the infantry. And that is the most fun. It is the most fun for the cav, who have many targets, the archers, who are supporting their teammates, and the infantry because they are fighting something they can kill. Everyone has something to do, and no one is just a 'punching bag'.

The game becomes drastically different when infantry forces cannot meet without being completely decimated. As I pointed out earlier. Take veagir vs swadia, random plains. Swadian infantry cannot close in on a significant group of veagir archers. Their shields are too weak and explode quickly, a handful of spearmen to protect veagir archers and a handful of hunters to bodyblock swadian cav makes it nearly impossible for swadia to win. As soon as a horse is jammed and rears all the archers point in that direction and loose an arrow. The horse is dead or the rider is dead at that moment. Often these matchups get voted off on battle servers. Why? Because it isn't any fun.

Usually the two instances where server population drops or the map is voted off is either one faction is KK on open maps, or the match went to archer spam. The third rarer instance is when one team or the other is horribly stacked (in player ability). 

Draygo said:
I understand how to use each of the classes. I understand their advantages and disadvantages. I dont want infantry to be vastly overpowered. I want them to have a fair chance in all situations. Infantry is the class that takes the brunt of everything first in battle. (Besides the stupid cav that run out and try to couch the first person they see, often getting lanced by enemy cav or just shot to pieces.)

With two sides running at each other the infantry meet, and have a good fight. Archers and xbows support that fight, cav runs in sniping at their enemies back, or try to steer enemy cav away. The focus of a fight when there arn't too many ranged players is on the infantry. And that is the most fun. It is the most fun for the cav, who have many targets, the archers, who are supporting their teammates, and the infantry because they are fighting something they can kill. Everyone has something to do, and no one is just a 'punching bag'.

The game becomes drastically different when infantry forces cannot meet without being completely decimated. As I pointed out earlier. Take veagir vs swadia, random plains. Swadian infantry cannot close in on a significant group of veagir archers. Their shields are too weak and explode quickly, a handful of spearmen to protect veagir archers and a handful of hunters to bodyblock swadian cav makes it nearly impossible for swadia to win. As soon as a horse is jammed and rears all the archers point in that direction and loose an arrow. The horse is dead or the rider is dead at that moment. Often these matchups get voted off on battle servers. Why? Because it isn't any fun.

Usually the two instances where server population drops or the map is voted off is either one faction is KK on open maps, or the match went to archer spam. The third rarer instance is when one team or the other is horribly stacked (in player ability).

One of the first signs of insanity is doing the same thing expecting a different result.

However helpful you are to this conversation.

I expect the same result every time. I want the result to change through game balance adjustments. Hence the thread. If you have something to contribute do so, otherwise you are just wasteing everyones time. Go back to crpg and leave a discussion about native balance to native players.

Draygo said:

I expect the same result every time. I want the result to change through game balance adjustments. Hence the thread. If you have something to contribute do so, otherwise you are just wasteing everyones time. Go back to crpg and leave a discussion about native balance to native players.
Lol, just close the discussion itself, being just a useless fight over balance with no result.

If the enemy has Massed archers and no melee troops, and are somehow managing to break all your shields by focusing you all one by then, then proceeding to focus fire more whilst you drone on at that ladder and dont bother to make a dodge attempt...

then im afraid you deserved that death.

I mean, do people complain when they get back-stabbed by a melee troop they couldn't block because he was being double teamed?

Then why do you complain about being focus-fired by archers?

Draygo said:

You must be short because a bunch of my posts seems to have went right over you head. I have said my peace but you refuse to listen but your last few posts have just been a the same thing over and of. You are wasting your own time by continuing to post the same thing over and over.

I don't play crpg but you trying to say I do show how shallow your arguments have become. Learn to program and make a mod for yourself to have your infantry riot because thats the only way your going to change anything.

I just came back from not playing multiplayer for a couple of months and honestly I see no difference.
Still 2handers errwhere.

Two handed weapons? I haven't seen those very often recently. If anything, as backup weapons for someone who primarily uses one-hander and shield. Those who take a great sword and run for the enemy just quickly get shot from what I can tell. Infantry too are stacking on throwing weapons a lot - a two hander is useful only in few rare cases.

I personally always go for spear and shield. In a one on one situation I put away the shield and thus fight with a "two hander", but I'd never dare walking around on the battlefield without the shield. It's just too easy to catch an arrow.

Oh really now?
Hmm...maybe I should play a little bit more. In the few games I've played I didn't see that many archers but I guess that was an isolated incident and the majority is different.

As a matter of fact I do not find the archers the issue but the 2h sword people  :roll:. I'm a one hand/shield fan and when I go against a 2h sword guy(80% of players) he just clicks clisk and he's 50% faster than I am when it comes to swinging. It's impossible to swing at him cause he hits you before you manage and that ruins the game for me. That's one of the reasons I do not play MP anymore. (I still play from time to time but that's it)

Then you are doing it wrong. Any spam can be countered if you swing at the right time and position, even the fastest 2h weapons.

MasacruTheArcher said:
As a matter of fact I do not find the archers the issue but the 2h sword people  :roll:. I'm a one hand/shield fan and when I go against a 2h sword guy(80% of players) he just clicks clisk and he's 50% faster than I am when it comes to swinging. It's impossible to swing at him cause he hits you before you manage and that ruins the game for me. That's one of the reasons I do not play MP anymore. (I still play from time to time but that's it)

this.

Two handed swords are broken. and the people who use them know it.

i really dont know why they swing faster than a one hander.

It's the timing and about staying out of his range until you can hit him.. It's not easy (so a "newer player" with 2H spamclick almost always kills another newer player), but take faith in that it can be done.

Besides, I find it ironical how "MasacruTheArcher" complains about this in a topic about archers. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom