Native Completed Warband Fantasy League

Users who are viewing this thread

Waste-Too-Cool said:
BRUIN'S EU's haven't had much problems with the times of our matches :grin:

The scheduling with EUs has indeed been a pain. Scrimmaging no later than 730 EST is far from ideal, especially with the NA pub scene being dead. Makes for one more noncompetitive NA tourney.

Side note about the staying up "late" thing; if you seriously can't stay up until midnight or 1am ON THE WEEKEND for a tournament organized in NA when you are in EU, please gtfo in the future (assuming one exists for warband or bannerlord).

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail.jpg

Shemaforash said:
considering that you are the one not available mid day on a weekend perhaps you shouldnt have either?
Again, this is an NA tournament. I work during the day like the vast majority of people, and play games and do other stuff when I have my free time at night. My availability during the middle of the day should have nothing to do with signing up for an NA tournament. Scrims during the middle of the day aren't standard for most tournaments (excluding NC) and never have been.

Kiano said:
I think it's reasonable to sign up for this tournament, expecting most matches to be before midnight. You can cry that it's an NA tournament all you want, doesn't change the fact that a lot of the teams are made up of EU players.
Staying up late isn't even comparable to having to leave work early for a video game. This is my job we're talking about, AKA the thing that pays for my tuition, gas, food, clothing, and hobbies. Yet, I am the one that is supposed to make compromise because a small group of people don't want to stay up late one WEEKEND night? Your team is the only one that has a problem playing even just an hour later. Our Europeans (Jarvis, Pepper, Cheese, Horace) have had no problems maintaining activity at what is the normal time for this

Overall, I think the time forced on us by the admin team when we were being way more flexible is ridiculous. I am glad that Europeans signed up, but they shouldn't be catered to to the extent that it is right now (just as I didn't expect to be catered to when I played in EU tournaments with Legend.) If making late match times was a problem, then you shouldn't have signed up, period.

Ron Burgundy said:
Waste-Too-Cool said:
BRUIN'S EU's haven't had much problems with the times of our matches :grin:

The scheduling with EUs has indeed been a pain. Scrimmaging no later than 730 EST is far from ideal, especially with the NA pub scene being dead. Makes for one more noncompetitive NA tourney.

Side note about the staying up "late" thing; if you seriously can't stay up until midnight or 1am ON THE WEEKEND for a tournament organized in NA when you are in EU, please gtfo in the future (assuming one exists for warband or bannerlord).

This is exactly how I feel when scheduling, if I can do earlier for certain teams I will. Especially if it is a weekday night, or a Sunday night, but with this being NA and you try and tell me we have to scrim at 5 est on a Saturday, it's infuriating. I scrim every night between 7-730, which happens to work out with my schedule for the most part, compared to WPL where I scrimmed 830-9 est every night.

EUs shouldn't claim that we need to be grateful, they wanted to play and regardless of the population this is a primarily an NA tourney.

Also in the case of Heat vs John, we took the times given by teams and compromised in the middle. I realize it's not ideal, but we decided it was the best course of action. Personally I feel for John's team, but the admin decision is final.

I believe working on Saturday is an exception in Europe, not the norm. Nevertheless, most EUs do not find it a big issue to play at 7est. Also, please don't take Apollo's opinion as representative for the EU community.

Watly said:
I believe working on Saturday is an exception in Europe, not the norm. Nevertheless, most EUs do not find it a big issue to play at 7est. Also, please don't take Apollo's opinion as representative for the EU community.

But Watly? I beat you in FT7 man my opinion must matter now????

Nevino said:
This is exactly how I feel when scheduling, if I can do earlier for certain teams I will. Especially if it is a weekday night, or a Sunday night, but with this being NA and you try and tell me we have to scrim at 5 est on a Saturday, it's infuriating. I scrim every night between 7-730, which happens to work out with my schedule for the most part, compared to WPL where I scrimmed 830-9 est every night.

Is this meant for me? Would seem to be with the quotes. I asked for 5 or 4 on a Sunday this one time, as a favor, because I am out of town one weekend out of this tourney. Hell, in an NA tourney I would've asked for 9, but I said 4 or 5 to help out your EU players. 4 or 5 on a Sunday is 9 or 10 GMT, how is that unreasonable?

This is the only time this tournament I asked for a time my opponents didn't suggest. I even ended up going with a time you wanted being Saturday at 7 (though you initially said 5), so I don't understand your complaint. My jab isn't at your team in particular, it is more towards the tournament scheduling as a whole.

Ron Burgundy said:
Nevino said:

Is this meant for me? Would seem to be with the quotes. I asked for 5 or 4 on a Sunday this one time, as a favor, because I am out of town one weekend out of this tourney. Hell, in an NA tourney I would've asked for 9, but I said 4 or 5 to help out your EU players. 4 or 5 on a Sunday is 9 or 10 GMT, how is that unreasonable?

This is the only time this tournament I asked for a time my opponents didn't suggest. I even ended up going with a time you wanted being Saturday at 7 (though you initially said 5), so I don't understand your complaint. My jab isn't at your team in particular, it is more towards the tournament scheduling as a whole.

Wasn't aimed at you Ron, and I won't bother arguing with you about the scheduling because it is a moot point.

Back
Top Bottom