Users who are viewing this thread

Are you sure? Side attacks can normally be performed in Native.
Yes. It can only thrust and swing top-bottom. The swing damage is blunt by default even though the weapon it using the beak side by default. It is a bug even if developers refuse to admit it :smile:

Yes. It can only thrust and swing top-bottom. The swing damage is blunt by default even though the weapon it using the beak side by default. It is a bug even if developers refuse to admit it :smile:
Ah, that is what you meant. Maybe it was an omission or a deliberate decision on TW part to balance the weapon, who knows?

Show the item entry so that we know that the bug is not at your side.
Modulesys entries? I have already fixed this issue in modulesys, so it won't be helpful. To reproduce:
  1. install the game from steam (anywhere?)
  2. run unmodified Native module
  3. find War Hammer in game (in cheatmenu)
  4. see how it can't do side-swings and defaults to beak side even though the swing damage is blunt
In unmodified module system v1.171 the weapon was missing a couple of flags that enable side attacks. I hope that helped.

I have some updates:
  • amended helm models have all been playtested and work correctly
  • the lategame has changed (because some helmets now add body armor, maximum 4+MODIFIER_BONUS)
  • the balance has changed negligibly (some lords wearing brigandines got tad weaker)
What is left to do:
  • LoD models (the ones generated by openbrf are of terrible quaility), but I would need to learn to modell.
  • Scripts. This would be the biggest source of questions.
Questions:
  • Is LoD generation configurable? Any options in hidden menus that make them work?
  • Are Lods supposed to use lower-resolution texture?
  • Any links? Anything that I should know about creating models for Warband?

Is LoD generation configurable? Any options in hidden menus that make them work?
Each player can configure it in his/her graphic settings
Are Lods supposed to use lower-resolution texture?
They can but it's advised not to do that, for performance issues.
Any links? Anything that I should know about creating models for Warband?
Orientate on Native models regarding count of vertices etc and you should be fine. Try to avoid multimeshes at armouries.

LbrQm.png

Check OpenBRF's subforum to learn about the tool; there are many guides in there.
TY. So far another update: I finally committed to finding out how to add additional polygons to an existing model and how to make it so that certain parts of helmets follow characher's head/shoulders movements. This would help some native helmets with aventails to look more natural.

Ok. Question. Could you link any mods with good implementation of turbans/aventails (except "men at arms"). I've played with one of nordic helmets the whole day (and night), but it is still not quite clear to me how they weight those meshes. Maybe after some sleep? but in the meantime I'd like to check how more skilled people do that.

By "good" I mean that they are properly animated. Also, I think I know why Vaegir helmets are implemented the way they are (cause it is a pain to weight them).

Ok. Question. Could you link any mods with good implementation of turbans/aventails (except "men at arms"). I've played with one of nordic helmets the whole day (and night), but it is still not quite clear to me how they weight those meshes. Maybe after some sleep? but in the meantime I'd like to check how more skilled people do that.

By "good" I mean that they are properly animated. Also, I think I know why Vaegir helmets are implemented the way they are (cause it is a pain to weight them).
I'd suggest you look at the helmets in the Crusader: Way to Expiation OSP/ also know as CWE OSP. Pretty sure they had rigged helmets you could use as reference

Question: I imported my .brf with helms into a new .brf. I confirmed that all required materials and textures have also been imported and double checked that textures are present in Textures. I didn't change anything in module system, so references should be OK, i recompiled the module 2 times just in case. But now my helmets are not visible in the game (they clip char's hair, but no models shown). Any ideas what might have gone wrong.

Clarifications:
  • before I imported models and deleted the .brf from which things have been imported everything was just fine.
  • I fixed the similar issue for armors by making sure that I have all the required materials/textures in my .brf, module.ini, and asset folders
  • in OpenBRF everything looks just fine

I'd suggest you look at the helmets in the Crusader: Way to Expiation OSP/ also know as CWE OSP. Pretty sure they had rigged helmets you could use as reference
Exactly what I needed. TY. I believe I have seen some of their assets in Explorer mod.

Last edited:
What are _degraded textures for? Lods?

Question: I imported my .brf with helms into a new .brf. I confirmed that all required materials and textures have also been imported and double checked that textures are present in Textures. I didn't change anything in module system, so references should be OK, i recompiled the module 2 times just in case. But now my helmets are not visible in the game (they clip char's hair, but no models shown). Any ideas what might have gone wrong.
Answer: the name of one's .brf resource shouldn't match the name of any CommonRes .brf shipped with the game. If issues like this happen, it is generally a good idea to check rgl_log.txt in one's Warband folder for any insights.

Last edited:
Update:

I found an optimal pattern for weighting animated helmets so they neither clip, nor they distort too much. Bow animations were an ultimate test. Also now I am somewhat skilled in modelling meshes, weighting and UV-mapping. What it made me understand is that textures matter, so the question: could anyone suggest any free resources with with medieval armour materials (plate, leather, etc.)?

Hello @media_evil, there are many other strange things going on in the Native version not only the War Hammer, beside the illogical useage of some weapons, some also have wrong weapon range settings like hammers, maces etc. Hint: You have a "measure with ruler" feature in OpenBRF.
It also contains double items, just one example: Sword of War = Greatsword, but with different weapon range settings although the same mesh is used.

You can swing a heavy bardiche from horse... one handed, but not a simple staff?
No, in fact on horseback you can only thrust with staffes? Look at the bandits which are mounted how ridiculous this looks.
In RoR you can swing nearly every weapon from horse...and nearly every long polearm weapon which has a spike on top is couchable.

Many wrong collision bodys at castle buildings and everywhere else too. Here screen:

And many more such fun facts.

i am working myself on a bugfree and finished NE mod, https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/revolution-of-royals-native-enchancement-mod.444262/, where all above mentioned and many other things are replaced or balanced. Here are some screens (probably outdated, may look higher detailed now):

I've added manual fem frames to all Men-at-arms assets which i am using, rescaled helmets, removed bugs, screen:
As i remember some of the original Men-at-arms armors have transparency issues at some mail parts.

I have a question myself, what do you mean by weighting animated helmets? I think the aventail on your helmets will do lots of clipping, does it have something to do with that?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom