Warband download links not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Servers are okay. It's just a bad webpage issue.
Right click to patch link, say Open link in new tab then it will start the download.

I've just checked and can't duplicate your problem using either Chrome or Firefox. It's possible it was fixed since you reported. Are you still having this problem? If so, please indicate what browser you are using.

I've just checked and can't duplicate your problem using either Chrome or Firefox. It's possible it was fixed since you reported. Are you still having this problem? If so, please indicate what browser you are using.
I can replicate it. I'm using Chrome Version 88.0.4324.104 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Console issue:
VNvQju.jpg

Related to insecure connection. You can make download happen with using a href tag opening in another tab to avoid that if you don't want to mess with HTTPS.
Also I think you would like to build with NODE_ENV=production to get the best from production build - it ramps up the performance.

I'm using a standard Chrome installation.

However, with that input, I investigated further and tracked down why it's happening for you and not me. In Chrome's Security settings, I leave it at "Standard protection", which allows the download without a problem. Switching that to "Enhanced protection" does however result in the error from the HTTP download link on an HTTPS page.

I'll make sure the dev in charge of the main website knows about it.

EDIT:
Actually, now after switching to "Enhanced protection" and back to "Standard protection", it's now consistently still refusing to download any of those links, though it initially failed on one, then worked on another after the switch. Then all failed. Restarted Chrome, tried them again just to be sure, and initially a couple of them started downloading successfully. However, after canceling those and trying a couple of others, now all download links are consistently failing again. OK, Chrome, be that way. :roll:

Last edited:
However, with that input, I investigated further and tracked down why it's happening for you and not me. In Chrome's Security settings, I leave it at "Standard protection", which allows the download without a problem. Switching that to "Enhanced protection" does however result in the error from the HTTP download link on an HTTPS page.
I also have Standard Protection as well. The blog post is around 1 year old https://blog.chromium.org/2020/02/protecting-users-from-insecure.html and It's stating that they will block such insecure connections starting from version 88. I don't think it's related to Enhanced Protection anymore - I think they are not enforcing that to all users unless they go and tweak. Not sure what OS you are using but standard Windows Chrome is 88.0.4324.146 (https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/) so should be same on you as well - or perhaps you have some tweaks in your settings.

I also have Standard Protection as well. The blog post is around 1 year old https://blog.chromium.org/2020/02/protecting-users-from-insecure.html and It's stating that they will block such insecure connections starting from version 88. I don't think it's related to Enhanced Protection anymore - I think they are not enforcing that to all users unless they go and tweak. Not sure what OS you are using but standard Windows Chrome is 88.0.4324.146 (https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/) so should be same on you as well - or perhaps you have some tweaks in your settings.
Maybe I do. I was using the exact same version as you (88.0.4324.104). Just checked that and saw an update though, so now after restart:
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 88.0.4324.146 (Official Build) (64-bit)
It's showing the same inconsistent behavior for me as above in my EDIT, where a few links initially start downloading when I try them, then they all no longer work, including the ones which initially started downloading without complaint. So... yeah.

Anyway, the relevant dev is informed, though he's not online at the moment.

@mikeboix @Bloc
If you have a minute, could you test those downloads out again? The download links have been switched to HTTPS by one of the devs, which seems to fix the problem for me, but one of the other devs is still having problems with the downloads. I'd just like to confirm whether the problem is at least fixed for some people other than me.

@mikeboix @Bloc
If you have a minute, could you test those downloads out again? The download links have been switched to HTTPS by one of the devs, which seems to fix the problem for me, but one of the other devs is still having problems with the downloads. I'd just like to confirm whether the problem is at least fixed for some people other than me.
Yep, it seems it works easily for me now, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom