Warband Competitive Matchmaking Client / BETA / [Update: 1.1.0]

Users who are viewing this thread

Just remember to write in bug reports with the least amount of random bull**** attached. He has a lot of work ahead of him so write reports like:
I launched the client, updated, logged in and crashed. Here's the crash report. CopyPaste
Not like:
Yo **** youj grim why you make ****ty client. CRASHES ALL THE TIME YOU SCRUB

55911339.jpg

Notes
Our last play test went smoothly enough for launch. You may experience some bugs and crashing, but client is in a state where it is stable enough for release. The UI itself was put on the backburner for the most part while I focused on the back end. The UI will be improved as time goes on.

Please make use of the Bug Report button at the top right of most windows, and please take this advice from Cradoc:
Cradoc said:
Just remember to write in bug reports with the least amount of random bull**** attached. He has a lot of work ahead of him so write reports like:
I launched the client, updated, logged in and crashed. Here's the crash report. CopyPaste
Not like:
Yo **** youj grim why you make ****ty client. CRASHES ALL THE TIME YOU SCRUB

Possible Issues
In GENERAL, most issues you run into will be solved by simply restarting your client. You may need to close it through the task manager if it freezes.

» Error downloading/Antivirus blocking
You may need to disable your antivirus and firewall while installing. Many antivirus will detect the application as suspicious and block the installation. This is something I'll look to remedy in the future, but for now you'll have to make exceptions, or disable your antivirus and firewall temporarily if required. No, the application is not a virus.

» "You are already connected to the server"
The client is set to minimize to your system tray when you press the "X" button. Check your system tray at the bottom right of your computer to see if your client is already active. If you are getting this error and your client is NOT shown in the system tray or task manager, contact me

» "Error downloading manifest"
You are most likely one of the players who helped test the client. You have a very old client installed to your computer that you must uninstall. Go to your Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Search "Warband" -> Delete Warband Matchmaking.

» "My client froze"
Please close the client through your task manager, and submit a bug report detailing what you were doing as the client froze.

» "I can't chat while queued?!"
Just a product of some spaghetti code I made when rushing the chat functions. Will be fixed later on

I will be in the teamspeak 50.97.95.135:10457 if you need to speak with me

Download
» Windows Client
Mac & Linux not support currently

I believe I was the first NA to queue after the client got officially released. I am proud to have this honor.

Thanks for all the work you put into this Grim and everyone else who helped work on it!  :party:

what is this error about net.framework thingy you also gotta disable ban system for now since noone knows who it does work yet because 2 of us got banned already cuz of that framework bug :grin:

DarkLight said:
This is pretty bugged. It kicked me out in the middle of a match and i cant rejoin the queque because it says i am still in one.
grimsight said:
Ok, looks like the new EU match just overwrote the one that was currently in progress.
A simple matter of making sure the servers check if a match is on-going already, I suppose. Easy for the coders to fix!

Ok the overwriting bug that appeared is something that shouldn't happen very often. Stems from an error in logic during the ready check. Will have a fix out shortly

Back
Top Bottom