Warband Berlin Meetup/LAN Party - or any other country

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumpkin Lord

Halo,

Ich bin Belo. So, thing is; I normally wouldn't open this thread if I were still in Turkey and also have no idea how foreigners think about such things. In Turkey, almost everyone met about anyone in Real Life, we went to drinking together, had soccer matches and generally just met each other here and there. It has been a long time we all played together, so it is nice when we see each other in real life.

Personally, I like these stuff and I like to meet other warbanders while I am abroad, here in Berlin. What do you think? Anyone would be interested? It doesn't have to be a LAN party, we can gather up in a pub, too. (Not Berghain though  :fruity:)

Berlin is a bit far for me to travel but it's not a weird suggestion, CoR is having another LAN party this summer and I've met at least 12 Warband players now and should be meeting another next month. Always down to say hello and have a pint if anyone is swinging by London!

BlackTide said:
Berlin is a bit far for me to travel but it's not a weird suggestion, CoR is having another LAN party this summer and I've met at least 12 Warband players now and should be meeting another next month. Always down to say hello and have a pint if anyone is swinging by London!
Our 5th lan for internationals I think? I lost count of the only Dutch ones. :p

Efe Karacar said:
Halo,

Ich bin Belo. So, thing is; I normally wouldn't open this thread if I were still in Turkey and also have no idea how foreigners think about such things. In Turkey, almost everyone met about anyone in Real Life, we went to drinking together, had soccer matches and generally just met each other here and there. It has been a long time we all played together, so it is nice when we see each other in real life.

Personally, I like these stuff and I like to meet other warbanders while I am abroad, here in Berlin. What do you think? Anyone would be interested? It doesn't have to be a LAN party, we can gather up in a pub, too. (Not Berghain though  :fruity:)

People in Turkey and southern europe are much more chilled. Good luck getting this community to enjoy their lives for a night in LAN or drink (if they actually drink since most are 16 years old here). But I endorse this idea.

Kragen said:
In germany you are allowed to drink as a 16yo  :party:

Yes and on saturday nights you go to bed at 12 o clock. I've been to Trier, beautiful place, great people (except those who only speak french). And your burgers rock.

Colonel Horyse said:
Wait BTide when you say having a LAN Party you mean just meeting up right like in a pub or do you mean going to a venue with loads of computers and playing together :eek:?

With computers, party games, booze and Leoven's special sausage Fri-Mon.

Luke if you gonna take George, be careful his mother doesnt allow him to drink, so be really careful you dont want problems with her bro

Good idea:grin:
The problem probably is that most of the German warband players don't live in the north-east of Germany...
When we where organizing a German tournament, team GDR (which included most of the players from eastern Germany) barely had enough players to play...
If you made a LAN in Frankfurt there definitely would be enough players, because there are lots of MB players in the west and south of Germany....
Anyway in Hamburg or Lower Saxony (where I live) should be enough players as well (too many IRs /EVs though xD)...
Of course some players would come to Berlin as well if anyone would Organise a LAN, but Hamburg or Frankfurt would be a better pick...

Vivar said:
for how long are you in berlin? are you going to other places?

I will be staying till July, like 4 months. I am thinking to visit other EU countries in time too like UK, France, Poland...etc but I will be mostly in Berlin.

Hamburg? That could work too, I think. I chose Berlin, simply because I live here at the moment and I don't know much about German community, like where the majority of Warbanders are. But, this is pretty much international, too. So, for more players to participate; we can gather in some other country, but then it would be too much hassle to set everyone up for a proper date. (I know from Castellan, It was a total mess.)

I am personally quite okay for any Germany city, so it is the most reasonable we choose one where the majority can participate. More people, more fun. And; then, there is the matter of a place to host all these people too.

MaHuD said:
BlackTide said:
Our 5th lan for internationals I think? I lost count of the only Dutch ones. :p

When?! Blender wishes to attend this quality party :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom