Warband Battle Size Changer v1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok this broke my save game in prophesy of pendor:

I have installed correctly, now when i load my savegame I get: RLG ERROR invalid number of troops error 11284

I put first 300 troops, then down to 200 and now back to 150.

I still get the error, I cannot even uninstall the battle size changer (at least it's not in control panel)

how do i go back now please ?

EDIT :I even reinstalled the game, I can launch a new game but with the savegame file i backed up i get the same error, please help! Now that i had managed to capture a king that gave me 40.000 denars!!!!

If that's the error you're getting, it's not due to this utility.

The most common cause of that error is apparently mismatched game versions, either between mod and compatible warband versions, or more likely a savegame started with older version of a mod and continued with a newer version of the mod.

so you think there is no way to recover my save game ?

I was playing in ironman mode, I have also tried to copy the automatic save backup that I have noticed is created, same error...

Hi!

Your mod is great and extremely simplistic. I could've manually changed the values, but in the end your little tool is a lot more elegant.

Anyway, I currently have my battle size set at around 500.

However, I am getting significant stuttering. I am running on a pretty powerful system, including a 4790k and a 980 Ti.

In theory, I think 500 npc battle size is reasonable. It is not a crazy amount, and is still somewhat modest.

The stuttering appears to be caused by Warband not allocating enough VRAM to render all the troops. For whatever reason, all battle sizes seem to use the same amount of VRAM. For me, 150 troops and 900 (The highest amount I tested) use between 1080-1200 MB, which I believe is too low in the latter's case, the result being the stuttering and the low GPU loads caused by a graphics card that is held back by the VRAM not being tapped into properly.

At least, that is my theory. Does anyone know how to successfully combat this? I am on Steam and therefore version 1.168.

Hey.

Thank you for this great mod. I set it on 295
your mod was working great with "Native"

A couple of days ago I install module "1257AD"
and the mod still work but I dont know why he aint balanced.
I mean Im with 130 soldiers and the enemies have like 200+ more than me
in the battle is 31 vs 264
Why is it like this?
god my soldiers die fast and I cant do nothing to save them
5 bow and arrow
15 Swords
4  horseman
and more
but it nothing against them

anybody have fix for this problem?

Hello, everyone. I have encountered a problem with using Battle Sizer. Every time when I change the Battle Size with this tool, it will not give you the value that you put. This happened after my Mount and Blade: Warband updated. After this everything was messed up. I had no save games and the update also messed up the settings. I have fixed the save game problem and now the final problem is the battlesize. Could someone help me? Thank you.

maater66241 said:
Hello, everyone. I have encountered a problem with using Battle Sizer. Every time when I change the Battle Size with this tool, it will not give you the value that you put. This happened after my Mount and Blade: Warband updated. After this everything was messed up. I had no save games and the update also messed up the settings. I have fixed the save game problem and now the final problem is the battlesize. Could someone help me? Thank you.
Your other problems being unrelated, the battle size not being accurate is only the case at the moment as far as I know if you're playing Viking Conquest. If you choose to play the "Native" Warband module rather than the Viking Conquest module, the battle size number matches up. This is due to the configuration value stored by the game being an arbitrary percentage value that is now interpreted differently between different modules. There's nothing I could really do to reflect that in the tool.

maater66241 said:
I don't play Viking Conquest. I don't even have that game. Is there anyway to fix the issue that I currently have? And thanks for replying.
Are you playing a mod or are you playing Native?
If Native, no idea other than possibly you accidentally ran the older M&B battle size changer rather than the Warband one. Which would only be possible if you had previously installed and played the original M&B.

Never mind. I fixed the issue. It's a really long story. Well, here goes:

I downloaded a mod called 16th century Northern Hemisphere. Never played it yet, but anyways. When Warband updated, I lost my save files, or did I? I found out like a month later that I still had in my Mount & Blade Warband. Did everything I could to restore my save games but still couldn't. Finally, I decided to start fresh. So, I deleted the save files from Documents. When I made a save after deleting from the Documents section. But for some reason, the files for the save game was not even in the Mount and Blade Warband Save games folder. I went into a folder called 16th Century Savega. And inside, yes very amazing, there was the save files that I recently created. So after all, the game couldn't and wouldn't read game files from the Mount & Blade Warband Save games folder. So, I was happy, but had to restart everything once again. Since I had Battlesizer, I want to make battles bigger. So, I turned up Battlesizer to 1000. Wen in game and saw that it never worked. So, I contacted here. But today, I found out that MB Warband couldn't read the files/Settings from the folders Mount and Blade Warband and Mount and Blade Warband Savegames. Also, I found a folder that looked kind of like the 16th Century Northern Hemisphere Save games. This folder that looked similar to the other folder says 16th Century Northern Hemisphere. I went inside and found the rgl.config. I opened it and scrolled down to Battlesize and wondered if it would work if I changed the value. I did that and went in game and discovered it worked! I am very happy yet sad since there's no use of the MB Warband Battlesizer since it wouldn't work.

Had anyone encountered a situation like this? If so, can you help me? By the way, thank you for your help and please answer Mr. Makaveli. Sorry for interrupting him.

Sturmgewehr_44 said:
Hi!

Your mod is great and extremely simplistic. I could've manually changed the values, but in the end your little tool is a lot more elegant.

However, I am getting significant stuttering. I am running on a pretty powerful system, including a 4790k and a 980 Ti.

In theory, I think 500 npc battle size is reasonable. It is not a crazy amount, and is still somewhat modest.

The stuttering appears to be caused by Warband not allocating enough VRAM to render all the troops. For whatever reason, all battle sizes seem to use the same amount of VRAM. For me, 150 troops and 900 (The highest amount I tested) use between 1080-1200 MB, which I believe is too low in the latter's case, the result being the stuttering and the low GPU loads caused by a graphics card that is held back by the VRAM not being tapped into properly.

At least, that is my theory. Does anyone know how to successfully combat this? I am on Steam and therefore version 1.168.
Can anyone assist me with this? I was gone from Warband for a month or two and want to see if there is any workaround. Stutter isn't really that bad, but it is volatile and still an annoyance. I only have what...450-470 battle size? Nothing too hard to handle, or so I thought.

Sturmgewehr_44 said:
Sturmgewehr_44 said:
Hi!

Can anyone assist me with this? I was gone from Warband for a month or two and want to see if there is any workaround. Stutter isn't really that bad, but it is volatile and still an annoyance. I only have what...450-470 battle size? Nothing too hard to handle, or so I thought.

Have you tried vertical sync in the startup menu before you start the game? I also turn AA off, turn shadow quality to low, and turn some foliage options down in the game options. I had a similar problem with a similar build but after playing with stuff like that for awhile I can handle around 450 no problem.

I don't think those settings would matter.

I am not suffering from low fps. Just stuttering every few seconds (i.e 'hitching'). I'm running only 400 troop battle size too.

I cannot truly narrow down what causes the stuttering. Some people have issues, others do not. I originally thought it was a VRAM issue, then a RAM allocation issue, and I then I thought the stutter was a result of Warband only utilising one core in most cases. It might not be any of those, who knows...

Anyway, I am running AD 1257. It does have a lot more troop, map, and armour varieties, so that could also be a factor. Despite this, custom battles with 200 troops each do not have any stuttering, which is odd.

I would definitely like a solution. I have tried most commonly recommended 'fixes', to no avail. I even made a batch file to force Warband to use multithreading. It did not really do much.

Are there any stutter patches or .ini edits that alleviate my problem? Might just be wishful thinking, but Fallout: New Vegas had a very successful stutter patch and I'm wondering if Warband has anything like it as well.

Is there anything more obscure that I can try? Some people have luck with high troop sizes, even in non-Native modules, so I know a near-stutterless experience is attainable.

Back
Top Bottom