Warband Battle Size Changer v1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, great mod, simple, efficient, my cup of tea.
Only one thing! When i set my battle size over 200 ai doesnt make formations any more, just charges blindly forward.  I'm  not using any formations  mod,
i'm just talking about when normal ai forms up a line with it soldiers.
I mean it's not a too big deal,  but i like it more when it spreads up its armies in a line,  looks a lot prettier.
Any idea why  AI stops doing that when i set battle size over 200?

Hi when I use this mod I get an error "Could not allocate thread local data". Any help would be greatly appreciated =)

Akiba356 said:
I can handle 1000 man battles but the game freezes for a second every few seconds.

I can handle 1000 man battles too and i solve freezes with NTCORE patcher to use more than 2gb memory. My problem is FPS because i have a 4870HD.

Code:
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

First off, I love this mod. So simple, yet so brilliant.
However... I can play this mod on my laptop and it works fine. I use the steam version of Warband. Yet when I try to play it on the family gaming supercomputer (don't ask) it can't detect the rgl_config file. Even though I've played Warband on this comp for about 5-6 hours.

Hang on, just noticed something. The battlesizer is v1.4.1, while Warband itself is 1.154. Could this have something to do with it?

Many thanks anyway for making this mod. Tis awesome. :grin:

Janus said:
lotus said:
Hi when I use this mod I get an error "Could not allocate thread local data". Any help would be greatly appreciated =)
Post a screenshot of the error, please.

Getting the same error on the same OS.

BattleSizeError_zpsbc64393c.png

Cybercoco said:
Getting the same error on the same OS.

BattleSizeError_zpsbc64393c.png
Do you get that error when you first run it, or after trying to save and exit, or what? You don't have Warband running in the background, or any files related to Warband open and locked, do you?

The error happens when pressing either the 'Save and Exit' or the 'Cancel' buttons. Warband is not running at all while running this exe. Despite the error message, the mod seems to still work as far as increasing the battle size limit. Not sure what the error is referring to.

Cybercoco said:
The error happens when pressing either the 'Save and Exit' or the 'Cancel' buttons. Warband is not running at all while running this exe. Despite the error message, the mod seems to still work as far as increasing the battle size limit. Not sure what the error is referring to.
It is a very strange error. I guess as long as it works it's not that big of a deal.

Hey, great mod. But I am unfortunately having a major issue, and I believe this mod may be the culprit.
Back in the day I used this and it worked great, so as I was playing Perisno I remembered -"oh yeah, battle sizer! I should really use that!"-

Unfortunately, since downloading it (it worked fine, set it to no more than 200--- and I have a beast rig) the game has major stutters upon entering a battle. Even worse, the game crashes during said battles.

I'm wondering if there is a memory leak of some kind?

Anyway: I could not find any proper instructions as to how to uninstall the mod.

I attempted to delete it from desktop as well as within my warband- yet it still seems to be activated. (I turned it down to 149 troops).

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I don't want to lose my progress by reinstalling warband.

Is it possible/are you planning on integrating this mod into the game menu?

That would allow to increase battle size from the in-game options menu instead of having to open and restart the game.

Thank you for the mod.

I can't seem to get this to work, it say's it's changed in the program(The Battle sizer exe) but not in warband.  :neutral:
EDIT: I have up to date steam version btw.

For some reason it severly affects battles like those of the bandits raiding a village. Normaly it´s around 150 man or so if i remember correctly. Now there are like 2715 bandits. How can i fix this? the same is with the quist line to save the brothers merchant by attacking the bandit lair.

This is probably because your character has an absurd level like 60 (did you cheat ?). I don't think it's the battle size mod, personally I use it and bandit infestations are behaving normally.

Hmm.. might be.. I usually cheat because i want that crazy uninvincable movie character idea (non-GoT). But now i have a playtrough without cheating with the AD1257 mod and i don't get this anymore indeed. So sorry for my previous comment... Anyway, what triggers this absurd bandit infestation?

The game automatically calculates the number of bandits according to your character level. I guess it's exponential or some ****. Normal characters rarely reach level 40, let alone 50+. If you cheat yourself to 60, then you get thousands of bandits. You'd have thousands of them if you tries to attack a hideout as well from what I know, which would make it the most boring battle in existence I guess. 
So if you want to cheat, just tweak the stats and skills directly instead of experience I'd say. Export character -> give yourself 90 strength and agility ->import character ->laugh at puny mortals.

Back
Top Bottom