Warband at E3

Users who are viewing this thread

Average Joe peasant said:
:mad:
I think it looks stupid and sloppy to have models and textures and shaders and whatnot that are of much higher quality mixed in with stuff that's lower quality. Might as well make an effort to upgrade all of it to the same level, or just forget about it. It's just irritating to look at those screens.

I expect many of the armours will be upgraded. They will, almost certainly, all be bump mapped at least.

I think the color bleeding is way too strong. Most of the leather could use some more work too.
But I simply love the maille & lamellar - it's soo sexyy...  :grin: They finally got rid of the blue hue on the maille as well.  :smile:
Sexy haubergeon:
51952_MountAndBladeWarband-Screenshot-09_normal.jpg

Pink hair? WTF. Also the green grass color is bleeding in way too strongly - look at the axe.
51954_MountAndBladeWarband-Screenshot-11_normal.jpg

I also love how most of the armors have gotten facelifts: from leather jerkins to coat of plates.

Seems like the graphics have been overhauled quite dramatic from native. I like the way they look quite a lot. I'm still impatient though so I might try to improve my game of native a bit until Warband is released.

The axe is a little ****ed, granted.

but the grass reflection is a really nice touch.

The reworking of all the armours is outstanding, though.

Taleworlds have really answered the critics with this kind of graphical improvement.

I just hope they hurry up and remove all of the weapons from the resource file "weapon_meshes_1.brf" - for example, that axe. Everything from weapons_meshes_1.brf is incredibly low resolution and frankly, discolored and ugly.

It's nice and all that they're facelifting the game, but they really need to remove or replace some of the really old weapons.
The head and body meshes need to be reworked as well. (especially the female mesh - come on, a burlap (low res) bikini? That's just messed up.)

Also, seriously, what is with the pink hair in that archer pic? I hope that doesn't make it into the release.

One more thing: they really need to update the boot & glove meshes. I really don't want blue maille mittens & chausses.

Damon said:
Fei Dao said:
Also, seriously, what is with the pink hair in that archer pic? I hope that doesn't make it into the release.
Blood on gray hair, I presume...

Nah, it really doesn't look like it. If that were the case, there would definitely be blood stains on the face and upper part of the leather jerkin.

I'm very pleased by these graphical updates, but a lot more attention needs to be paid to the gloves, boots, and really old weapons. (some of the really old weapons are just plain awful. For example, the staff looks like it's one solid color. In general, it's everything from weapon_meshes_1.brf that needs to be updated or removed.)

Improved couch-lance animation is nice, I hope they do more animation work, and work on improving foot-combat. Especially the way a shield works.

Fei Dao said:
Damon said:
Fei Dao said:
Blood on gray hair, I presume...

Nah, it really doesn't look like it. If that were the case, there would definitely be blood stains on the face and upper part of the leather jerkin.

I'm very pleased by these graphical updates, but a lot more attention needs to be paid to the gloves, boots, and really old weapons. (some of the really old weapons are just plain awful. For example, the staff looks like it's one solid color. In general, it's everything from weapon_meshes_1.brf that needs to be updated or removed.)

Improved couch-lance animation is nice, I hope they do more animation work, and work on improving foot-combat. Especially the way a shield works.

If I were you, I'd take what we've seen so far as promising.

Take a look at the new crossbows.

I fully expect a full graphical update.

Man I haven't paid attention to M&B in awhile... one thing I realize is people are really right when they call the graphics outdated. Especially the castles, they just need to be redone completely and more professionally... they're like boxes with textures slapped on. I kind of wish Taleworlds could get the money to do a really polished version I could play on my 360... kind of sick of PC gaming anyway.

Jeez, I'm happy about all the graphical updates and new features etc, but at the same time I think it'll be bloody annoying to port a mod to it, especially with kingdom management and all it's tweaks, as that feature is obsolete, considering it's part of normal gameplay.

Also, pretty much all textures will have to be redone to be anywhere close to par with the rest of the stuff.

I'm assuming that "Improved precision for archers" might have something to do with the fact that Vaegir Marksmen currently have trouble hitting a man all of twenty feet away. :razz:

This is going to make modding a lot more competitive and "professional".
It seems like with the new, polished look that this will turn more like the Source modding community, they're harsh(ish).

The graphics on armor and weapons look better, but the enviroment coude use a bit of work. I noticed some minor lag spikes hopefully they will try to fix those. Then again, it coude be the vid thats a bit chopy.

Back
Top Bottom