War Thunder, Update 1.97: Swedish Tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

So, really, your guideline is that your ****ty little toys had a ****tier diplomatic corps.

Captured Joe said:
...my obscure pieces of scrap were mass-produced...

And let's be honest here, sunshine; There's failed prototype runs that built more units than what you sometimes call for.
As a solid-ish example the Nimród only had a 50% larger run than the rolling abortion that was the Ferdinand.

Cyborg Eastern European said:
So, really, your guideline is that your ****ty little toys had a ****tier diplomatic corps.
That's one way of saying "they actually did something in the war"...

Cyborg Eastern European said:
honest here, sunshine; There's failed prototype runs that built more units than what you sometimes call for.
As a solid-ish example the Nimród only had a 50% larger run than the rolling abortion that was the Ferdinand.
I'm talking about tanks like the Turán, of which over 400 were built.

Thought I'd give WT another try for the first time in a few months. Downloaded the required 5.5 GB in record time; I was amazed. I was excited to play, I went to log in, and... servers are down. Jesus Christ. ****ing hell.

Imagine being exited for Swedish planes :iamamoron:
And then logging in and finding another tree with Gladiators, CR.42s, and Mustangs? ...Yeah. I'm so tired of Gladiators and CR.42s, too. Oh, and a Re.2000. Jesus Christ.

That being said, based on the experience of one battle, the Swedish 8mm MGs are a pleasant surprise. The Chinese Gladiator, which I've also been playing, has got the typical 7.7mm Brownings with their rather ponderous firerate, which adds to the less-than-impressive feel of the airplane. But the Swedish Gladiator has got Swedish 8mm guns, and they can crank out the lead. That felt way better than the Chinese Gladiator.

One other downside, though, is that you can't research anything in the Swedish tech tree other than the two reserve planes you start with. Is closed beta, comrade. No ask questions. Buy CBT access pack, comrade.

• Aircraft
    • USA
      • F-4E
      • A-4B
    • Germany
      • Ju 188 A-2
    • Great Britain
      • Lightning F.6
    • Japan
      • F-4EJ
    • China
      • F-100A
    • Sweden
      • J35D Draken
    • Ground vehicles
      • Sweden
        • Strv m/31
        • Strv Ikv 72
        • Strv m/41 S-II
        • Pvkv II
        • Ikv 103
        • U-SH 405
        • Ikv 91
        • Strf 90C
        • Strv m/38
        • Strv m/39
        • Strv m/40L
        • Lago I
        • Strv m/42 EH
        • Delat Torn
        • Strv 81
        • Strv 101
        • Strv 103A
        • Strv 103C
        • Strv 121
        • Pvlvv fm/42
        • Lvtdgb m/40
        • L-62 ANTI II
        • Lvkv 42
        • VEAK 40
        • Lvkv 90C
        • Lvrbv 701
        • fm/43-44
        • Sav m/43 (1944)
        • Sav m/43 (1946)
        • Pvkv m/43 (1946)
        • Pvkv m/43 (1963)
        • UDES 33
        • Pvrbv 551
        • CV 90105 TML (pack)

• USSR
        • T-72B
      • Germany
        • Radkampfwagen 90
      • Great Britain
        • Rooikat 105 (pack)
      • France
        • AMX-32
      • China
        • ZTZ96A
      • Helicopters
        • USSR
          • Ka-29
          • Ka-52

• Naval Fleet
        • USA
          • USS Portland (CA-33)
        • Germany
          • Leipzig
        • USSR
          • Sverdlov
          • Project 41 “Neustrashimy” (Premium)
        • Great Britain
          • HMS Kent (54)
        • Japan
          • IJN Mikuma
          • Ikazuchi

One WW2 plane in all of that. God damn it.

I was getting excited about this update, actually. I'd gotten back into the game, and then I heard there was an update coming with ~60 new vehicles. I knew those couldn't all be Swedish tanks, so I was getting hopeful that there'd be a couple interesting WW2 planes in there. Nope, there's one WW2 plane, and it's a Ju-188. Nice. Well, at least I'll get to start researching Swedish planes now, so I can start getting my hands on the... five Swedish-built monoplane fighters that are in the first four ranks of the tech tree, right? Jesus.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
That reminds me, what's everyone's opinion of boats/ships, now that that aspect of the game has been out for a bit? Personally, I haven't really figured out how to play them yet. I've unlocked a few low-tier boats, and I've had a few matches where I've done okay, but I'm sure that's been down to luck as much as anything. I really don't know what I'm doing. Sometimes I think the boat gameplay is the weakest of the three aspects of the game, compared to the aerial or armored combat, but... maybe I'm wrong and that's just me?

Never tried them because I was waiting for the damn Italian Navy that never came but I have a friend who has unlocked pretty much every Japanese ship and he's been enjoying it while every other person I know hates them.

I guess we'll see their true potential once they add carriers (if they ever add them at all).

Back
Top Bottom