War Thunder, Update 1.97: Swedish Tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

war-thunder.png

War Thunder is a free-to-play MMO developed by Gaijin Entertainment, featuring aerial, armored, and naval combat, with vehicles from the 1930s to the later Cold War. The game includes tech trees for the United States, Britain, Russia, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, China, and Sweden. All of the nations ingame have aircraft tech trees, most have armor tech trees, and some have naval and helicopter tech trees as well. World War mode appears to finally be in development, albeit as a clan competitive mode.

Current version 1.97

War Thunder Forum

War Thunder Wiki

War Thunder Live
(user-made skins and such)

Taleworlds TeamSpeak channel: voip.arrakis-net.com
Wellen asked me to post this here: Aircraft Comparison Tool

Last edited:
Think I saw a thread for it a while back, not sure. But yes, I have been playing this on and off again for a week, some bug bears but all in all bloody fun with a good wing man.

The only major bug I've discovered is the one where your plane shakes like crazy, making it almost impossible to aim at times, and at times making the game downright unplayable. I'm not sure if that's a bug, or if it's wind/turbulence/that kinda thing, but for ****'s sake I hope the devs do something about it.

Sir Arvondor said:
The only major bug I've discovered is the one where your plane shakes like crazy, making it almost impossible to aim at times, and at times making the game downright unplayable. I'm not sure if that's a bug, or if it's wind/turbulence/that kinda thing, but for ****'s sake I hope the devs do something about it.

I think that's the problem with joystick input. I can't hit anything with a joystick. The plane just jumps all over the place. Mouse input is much smoother though, which  creates a situation where people who don't use a joystick have an advantage in a flight simulator.

A fun game, only major problem is that it matchmakes you with high teir planes so you get shot down almost immediatly.

Ljas said:
So what's the MMO part of this game?
Same with World of Tankcraft, as Lamb so nicely put it:
You get experience und unlock stuff and all the gameplay is online against other players.

Anyway, I like how this looks. I might gvie it a go sometime soon.
Or go back to IL2, we'll see :lol:

Yay! Spitfire and Hurricane. I'm a whore for British war machines. Now, we just need a flying Matilda and I'll be a happy little lass.

Orion said:
RanGer_SLO said:
which  creates a situation where people who don't use a joystick have an advantage in a flight simulator.

:neutral:

This is not a flight sim.

It is. They claim to have realistic flight controls and aerodynamics. Which they do (if you're flying on realistic settings). The thing is, when you're in mouse mode the computer pretty much does all the flying. It's just point and click.

Anyway, for anyone who just started and hasn't spend their gold eagles yet, put them in flight crew training. trust me, with a trained crew you'll rack up experience much faster. Also save some eagles for XP conversion. And don't start with Germans. You can't even pilot fighters that were in the luftwaffe active service until rank 6!

Im level 4 for japanese and now im going bankrupt cause it costs too much to repair my planes after a battle. Whats a good way to prevent this?

RanGer_SLO said:
It is. They claim to have realistic flight controls and aerodynamics. Which they do (if you're flying on realistic settings). The thing is, when you're in mouse mode the computer pretty much does all the flying. It's just point and click.
What they claim is of absolutely no importance whatsoever. Bear in mind that lot of people do not even consider Il-2 Sturmovik: Wings of Prey a proper simulator.

Back
Top Bottom