War Thunder, Update 1.97: Swedish Tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

gaham1 said:
Im level 4 for japanese and now im going bankrupt cause it costs too much to repair my planes after a battle. Whats a good way to prevent this?
What the **** did you do to get in a situation like that? Did you spend every last silver lion on new aircraft, or what?  :???:

gaham1 said:
Im level 4 for japanese and now im going bankrupt cause it costs too much to repair my planes after a battle. Whats a good way to prevent this?

Turn off automatic repair in the main hangar. Your planes will repair for free but it will take some time. In the mean time play other nations to gain money.

RanGer_SLO said:
It is. They claim to have realistic flight controls and aerodynamics. Which they do (if you're flying on realistic settings). The thing is, when you're in mouse mode the computer pretty much does all the flying. It's just point and click.

It is not.

This is.

It's more "work" than "game," but I do enjoy playing it from time to time. I picked it up in the Steam holiday sale for myself and a friend, but he keeps telling me he isn't Aspie enough to play it. :lol:

It's not a bad game, but I don't think I'd play it alone. I play it at my friends house so we can be in a squad and work together and enjoy the game a bit more. Tried playing alone once and it sucked.

BenKenobi said:
Orion said:
Are you playing it with TrackIR or other 6DOF software?

I've had a TrackIR 5 since 2 months before the release of ArmA 2. For a while I wasn't quite sure it was worth it, but as I began playing ArmA 2 more (and later, when Day Z came along and my friends had renewed interest as well), and as more games are beginning to support it, I think it's tied with my joystick for best damn peripheral I've ever bought.

If you've got a good webcam you can try FaceTrackNoIR. It fakes TrackIR in games that support it. With a little tweaking it can be really smooth. I might make a video of me using it and piloting on realistic in WT.

I was thinking of buying it when when I was considering joining some Il-2 squadron, but then I stopped playing it for a while and when I started again, I suddenly found myself enjoying flying heavy bombers (you know, everything that has less than 3 engines is not a plane...) where you dont need TrackIR that much, because if I want to look around I can just switch to gunners and when I need to see the ground for finding my position on the map, I have the bomb guy position.

I bought it with IL2 in mind as well, never regretted it. Price is rather hefty, especially with the shipping to over here, but **** me if the experience isn't so worth it.

There you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lICrrzYnMSc

No TrackIR needed. There are some limitations to it. The room needs to be well lit and the face must be clearly visible. I don't know how it would work with glasses on. Or an eye patch.

faceAPI didn't seem to mind the glasses, but I haven't gotten satisfactory results with it. It could really use some sort of deadzone slider or somesuch. I suppose messing with the curves helps with that?

Ljas said:
faceAPI didn't seem to mind the glasses, but I haven't gotten satisfactory results with it. It could really use some sort of deadzone slider or somesuch. I suppose messing with the curves helps with that?

Yeah, you need to set your curves.

This is how I have them set up. Note that I don't have a deadzone. But if you want to set it, just raise the first dot on the graph to something like 3.
curves_face_zps8c4291d4.png

Now that I'm at my parents house I also noticed that not having a weaksauce light source helps loads too.
Also, are you using v160? That NeutralZone thing doesn't appear in my client.

Back
Top Bottom